Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 07:47

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

im coming home tonight and making dinner and enough for lunch tomorrow..... EVERY time i get around 25 i start messing up... i havent really cheated i just havent been eating a lot and i know take out salad stalls me but thats all ive been eating for the last week.. but its been an unusual week with a lot going on..so tomorrow im re committing to induction.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 18:33
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

I'll also commit to doing exercise/keeping active for at least 30 minutes a day. I also am keeping a pedometer on me and will try for at least 8000 steps a day and trying to get to 10000 steps by December. Yesterday I got to 8300 steps but this weekend I'm on the road, soo nothing until Sunday.

I'll tackle my eating plan when I get back. I didn't plan anything for the roadtrip.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 19:06

Plan: Adkins-With tweaks
Stats: 182.5/166.2/140 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hello everyone! I'm not shure if I can loose 30 lbs by x-mas but thats a heck of a jolly goal! I put my scale up and am going to weigh in on Nov. 1st. I am a binger. I binged last night, my goal for this month is not to binge again. Hopefully weight loss will follow!

I have been cooking with coconut oil and putting it in my tea. I drink green tea 2x a day with the oil of course. Getting used to it, it was a little funny at first.

I also try to excercise daily. I try to walk or jog(depends if my skin hurts) in the mornings, and lift weights in the afternoons. I noticed I'm getting alittle defanition in my thighs and arms, my bottom is to heavy to notice. I carry my weight in my belly, but and upper thighs. I have a lovely hour glass shape

Are we going to put our weights in or is this a bit more relaxed? How often is everyone going to post your weights?

LoveMyKit, I have to know, how on earth do you take vinager? I know its sapposed to be healthy and help weight loss, but I just cant' get past the taste of it!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 19:39

BF:

i may be a nerd lol but i drink the ACV right out of the bottle... BUT its also great on cucumbers....yum.

havent done my exercise yet but i will here in a little bit.. am working on my coconut oil now.

and i also cooked up 5 lbs on hamburger meat tonight to freeze for quick dinners later...
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/241/140 Female 67 inches
BF:Too much!
Progress: 5%

Ok, I decided to commit to 10 mins vigorous exercise and 10 mins walking each day. I'm not ready to do more than that right yet. I like the idea of dancing for exercise. I may have to check that out soon. The treadmill is soooo boring.

I like the cucumbers with vinegar. That is about the only way I can handle the taste. ILoveMyKit, that is impressive that you can drink it straight. Yikes!

This was my menu yesterday. I don't really eat breakfast. Lunch I had taco salad, homemade with no chips. Dinner was shrimp in butter, garlic, and olive oil with lots of herbs, and broccoli with cheese. Had two snacks, deviled egg and 1 ounce of almonds. Lots of water. Today I will have low carb chicken wrap for lunch. Dinner is Pork Ribs with a homemade bbq rub. Salad and low carb yogurt. I find I have to plan ahead and have a variety of foods to keep it interesting.

What do you all think about with weighing in once a week? I usually have 2-3 days weight loss, followed by 2-3 days of no weight loss. I just go back and forth like that. Atleast its predictable.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 07:46

BF:

im just gaining like crazy... grrr and i dont know why
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 13:53

BF:

I bought ACV this morning, and offered my 9 yr old a Pria Bar(he was hungry, they got out of school early) if he would drink 1 TBSP. Gosh he's a willing participant! He tried chugging it, stopped and tried to spit it out. I told him he had to swollow. He snagged the bar and ran for the bathroom. My 3 yr old wanted some, she dranki it! Did have a funny look afterwards, kind of puckered. I did try it myself, got it down, burned like hell! Wont be doing that again!! HB wouldn't go near the stuff, he was to buisy laughing at the rest of us. Worst this was my 1 yr old wanted to get in on it. I let him sniff it, that was enough, he walked away with my phone. Little thief!

I did weigh in this morning, I had been up for 2 hrs by this point. Was dressed in jogging clothes, had breakfast and weight lifted. I was at 170 lbs. I would emagine given first thing in the morning and naked, it would be a couple of lbs less. I only wanted a starting weight.

X-mas will be here before we know it! Maybe I can get them all to go for a walk this afternoon?
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 17:25

Plan: SBD
Stats: 250/250/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Kit, are you drinking your water?
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-08, 20:26

BF:

im slowing on the water loss... im down to about 60 ounces a day.. i need to get back up there...[B]
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-08, 08:02

BF:

I lifted weights this morning. Now for the aerobics, Hmmm , dont like that part!

I weighed in this morning 167.8 lbs. Not terrible, but still depressing because 2 weeks ago I was 5 lbs less

had cravings last night, doing good otherwise, no cravings this morning!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-08, 20:25

BF:

upped the water today. maybe that will happen. upped the fat as well. did the exercise today.
didnt do the coco oil. have to go to wal mart... dont want the problems that sometimes come with the oil.

today i had

2 ham and pickle rolls (this is my usual breakfast)
(which is 2 slices ham with i slice stacker pickle cut in half with mayo) 1.5 carbs
1/2 can diet coke

1 side salad from mcdonalds with own dressing 3 carb + 1 carb
1/2 cup hamburger meat plain 0 carbs

1 trial sized beef jerky 2 carbs

4 black olives 1 carb
4 slices bacon 1 carb

i serving chili relleno casserole 3 carb

4 bottles water 20 oz ea
if i round up thats 14 carbs for the day.... grrr
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 09:43

BF:

down a pound this morning to 227.2 so im heading in the right direction now
going to get in a work out this morning.. about to try out my new ab lounge. when i get back tonight i will do the booty shakin and use my new resistance bands.
going to look for a good work out video today. target usually has some good ones.. wal mart didnt have anything to pick from.....
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 15:32

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

Hi! I would need to lose 10 lbs....

I should be able to do that in three months, right?
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 18:27

BF:

today was a pretty bad lunch..

had chili poblanos at a restaraunt.. which are allowed BUT they were on a bed of rice... i tried to scrape as much as i could off. gave in and had a few chips... im bad!!!
but that was my breakfast/lunch

dinner was a slice of chili relleno casserole 3 carbs
and a piece of red enchilada chicken... she calls it 5 carbs but i didnt have tomatoes so im calling it 4 carbs.

so im going to go ahead and call today 30 carbs....
got more exercise than normal today... going to do more crunches with the ab lounge tonight before bed

only 2 bottles of water so far today..... not good. going to try to get in one more before bed.

expecting a gain tomorrow...but want and NEED a loss before the friday challenge weigh in
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 18:34

BF:

HI! I have the Leslie Samsones Walking DVDs, that I got at wal-mart. They are great! I will start using them once it gets to cold to go out. I didn't do any weights today, I did walk 2x a whole 45 min total. I had enthousiasm today!
I have an ab lounge, I used to use it, but living here, there is no where to keep it set up. I didn't like dragging it out of the closet, puting it together, just to take it apart and stow it away. That thing really was heavy! Mine didn't fit under my bed and I left the handles off that go on the side. Its now at my mothers house. She says she would like to work out, its collecting dust very well. I use the large ball for my ab worl out. I can fit it in my closet right ontop of my shoe rack. The kids like to play with it to.

Ketone stix finally turned a light purple color. They have been trace for days, really pissing me off! Finnaly we get somewhere!