Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-09, 13:57

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

yep, good to see ya
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-09, 13:07

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 385/285/235 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Back at the Gym on Tuesday

Did 1 hour of intervals on the Treadmill - Right at 5 miles

Then did 15 minutes on the Real Stair Climber - It says 58 Flights did 75 stars per minute then 45 stairs per minute intervals

Then did like 5 minutes on the bike and was like I'm done with this time to go home!

Gonna go back today and try to get some weights in.
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-09, 21:54

Plan: 25 carbs or less a day
Stats: 240.6/240/175 Male 70 inches
BF:Ohh Yeah
Progress: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringIt
Then went home and tried my new protein and some creatine i picked up over the holidays to try out.

What did you get? How does it work. I find I hit the wall after about 25-30 of cardio. Do/did you have that issue? If so, does the portein or creatie help with that?
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: zone
Stats: 245/176/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Good Work - Keep it up!!!
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 20:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonden
What did you get? How does it work. I find I hit the wall after about 25-30 of cardio. Do/did you have that issue? If so, does the portein or creatie help with that?

I got Dymatize 12hour Protein in Brownie Fudge - It tastes pretty good... It is a protein blend with alot of different kinds of protein in the blend. Supposed to digest in your body slower, which i thought would be better for hunger and the way your body responds with its insulin levels. Ive made it pas my first main goal so Im not tracking weight as strictly and not changing up my diet too much. with my BF % down as low as it is I know its going to go slow .. so 3-4 lbs a month is still acceptable.

The creatine isnt for the weightloss side of things its for recovery after lifting at the gym. It has 7 carbs but is supposed to help with muscle growth.. I use it sparingly. Its Cellmass by BSN

We'll see

Congrats on your sucess soo far. The closer we get towards 200 the harder and harder this gets.
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 20:51

Quote:
I got Dymatize 12hour Protein in Brownie Fudge - It tastes pretty good... It is a protein blend with alot of different kinds of protein in the blend. Supposed to digest in your body slower, which i thought would be better for hunger and the way your body responds with its insulin levels. Ive made it pas my first main goal so Im not tracking weight as strictly and not changing up my diet too much. with my BF % down as low as it is I know its going to go slow .. so 3-4 lbs a month is still acceptable.

The creatine isnt for the weightloss side of things its for recovery after lifting at the gym. It has 7 carbs but is supposed to help with muscle growth.. I use it sparingly. Its Cellmass by BSN

We'll see

Congrats on your sucess soo far. The closer we get towards 200 the harder and harder this gets.

Thanks for the info and the grats. Do/did you have an issue witting a wall during workouts? If so, does the protein help?
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 20:52

BF:

Today made it back to the gym.

10x3 Bench Press
10x3 Calf Extensions
10x3 what I call bucket lifts
10x3 Tricep Extension
10x3 Lat Pull
10x3 Overhead Press
10x3 Flys
10x3 Reverse Fly
10x3 Overhead Row
10x3 Lat Pulls again - Different machine

Then to Cardio

10x1 Knee Raises
2.5 Miles of Intervals - 4.0mph slow - 6.5 fast alternate .25 miles

Then onto the Real Stair Stepper - 10 Minutes - 65 Fast - 40 Slow steps per minute.

Then - I was all done .. did some stretching.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 12:37

BF:

Quote:
Thanks for the info and the grats. Do/did you have an issue witting a wall during workouts? If so, does the protein help?

I notice when lifting weights - I get weak fairly quickly - Like I'll start with Bench Press to work on the chest and I can do 7-8 Reps with 2 - 45 plates and then I'm drained and my form goes to shit. Then I'll try the next set and only hit 5 or 6 so I've started going down on weights and getting in more reps and keeping form perfect. Yesterday I did all my sets with 35lbs on each side. ( I dont even know what the bar weighs haha ) After that everything seems to go fairly smooth. But I do only lift weights twice a week or less. ( Might change that up soon ) Now I do cardio 4 times a week. Monday is always my best day.. and I get more tired and more tired as the week goes on.

So I guess I dont ever think I hit a wall - If it is its after an hour of cardio and I just feel soo drained that I just leave.

How is your weight loss going while under 25 carbs. is it still going down at a good pace? If I had to guess I would say I'm more than that. I eat a decent amount of salad and veggies now a days.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 17:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
( I dont even know what the bar weighs haha )
Olympic bars usually weigh 45 pounds, but I've run across some that were heavier.
Most of the time it's best to work large muscles first and the smaller ones last. So back and chest before arms. I also do shoulders before arms. Legs can go anywhere. The thing is you won't be able to work your back and chest as well if your arms are already exhausted.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 20:31

Quote:
How is your weight loss going while under 25 carbs. is it still going down at a good pace? If I had to guess I would say I'm more than that. I eat a decent amount of salad and veggies now a days.

Its going good. I stall every now and again so I go hardcore and cut it to about 15 for a few days and I will drop 3-5 in a week. I have been messing with carb cycling and I think it works. Most will say that you should cycle up about 40-60 carbs and then back down to "shock" the system. I say around 25 most of the time and the drop down to 15. The idea is new to me but it has worked 2 for 2 so far. Over all though, it has worked good. I am down 50 lbs in 4.5 months. I would like to work out more, maybe do P90x hardcore but I just cant hack the full workout yet. Thats why I am looking for a boost.

Keep up the good work!
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 22:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatia
Olympic bars usually weigh 45 pounds, but I've run across some that were heavier.
Most of the time it's best to work large muscles first and the smaller ones last. So back and chest before arms. I also do shoulders before arms. Legs can go anywhere. The thing is you won't be able to work your back and chest as well if your arms are already exhausted.

Thanks for the Tips

I am doing bench to work the chest first.. I normally superset with calf extensions.

Or is Bench Press more arms than chest. The chest is what I want to grow the most, to take up some extra skin.

I normally do the fly machine last and can still do 3x110lbs so thats pretty good, more than I started with thats for sure. Even after the rest of the workout.

I really know very little about lifting weights.. and am kind of sad to hear im not going to gain muscle while losing weight, disappoints me for sure.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 22:54

BF:

Quote:
Its going good. I stall every now and again so I go hardcore and cut it to about 15 for a few days and I will drop 3-5 in a week. I have been messing with carb cycling and I think it works. Most will say that you should cycle up about 40-60 carbs and then back down to "shock" the system. I say around 25 most of the time and the drop down to 15. The idea is new to me but it has worked 2 for 2 so far. Over all though, it has worked good. I am down 50 lbs in 4.5 months. I would like to work out more, maybe do P90x hardcore but I just cant hack the full workout yet. Thats why I am looking for a boost.

Keep up the good work!

Gotta start somewhere - I started walking pretty regularly during the week 3-5 nights a week. A fast pace too averaged 3.6/3.8 miles an hour at 350lbs I did that till about 300lbs then started going to a gym for cardio doing mostly treadmill and elliptical machine. Did that for 2 months probably then fell off and got busy with work. Then started back at my Gym at 265 doing cardio mostly - then started the full workout a few months ago.

You might have been losing some muscle with that quick weightloss. I know before I felt pretty weak fairly quick but you have to get used to it. Drive through it and it will get easier, but if you ignore it when you do get to your goal weight you'll be a skinny weakling, and you dont want that!

So start with something small .. if its cardio or weights.. and start with 20-30 minutes a couple times a week, and you'll get better for sure.

Also check ur body weight % ASAP - So if you ever have a long stall you can still monitor that % to see if you are trading lean mass for fat loss.
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 23:08

BF:

Today was Cardio Day

4 Miles of Intervals on the Treadmill 625 Calories

10 minutes on the Real StairMaster - Says 100calories but the way I sweated I would guess more for sure.

10 Minutes on the Bike at Level 11

All done went home and Had 15 Chicken Wings and 2-3 cups of Broccoli

15 Chicken Wings
1200 Calories
75 Fat Grams
15 Carbs
105 Grams of Protein

3 Cups of Broccoli
75 Calories
Zero Fat
4.5 Carbs
4.5 Protein

Damn I eat alot of Protein

That is just dinner had 3 Eggs and a Protein shake for breakfast
and a plate full of small meatballs for lunch

Wow
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 07:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:

Today made it back to the gym.

10x3 Bench Press
10x3 Calf Extensions
10x3 what I call bucket lifts
10x3 Tricep Extension
10x3 Lat Pull
10x3 Overhead Press
10x3 Flys
10x3 Reverse Fly
10x3 Overhead Row
10x3 Lat Pulls again - Different machine

This was what I was looking at. You have triceps in there before back, shoulders and chest. You of course can do however you want.

Quote:
I am doing bench to work the chest first.. I normally superset with calf extensions.

Or is Bench Press more arms than chest. The chest is what I want to grow the most, to take up some extra skin.

That would be a fine superset. Bench press is chest, but imagine if you work your arms to exhaustion and then attempt that bench press. Your chest could handle lots more weight, but your arms couldn't at that point, therefore you would not be working your chest at it's maximum ability.

Quote:
I normally do the fly machine last and can still do 3x110lbs so thats pretty good, more than I started with thats for sure. Even after the rest of the workout.
Fly machine doesn't have much to do with triceps or biceps. But if you ever feel any pain in your shoulders while doing them, stop the set. I messed up my shoulder pretty bad on Pec-dec.

Quote:
I really know very little about lifting weights.. and am kind of sad to hear im not going to gain muscle while losing weight, disappoints me for sure.
Well there are those who disagree with that. I know personally people who gain strength and mass while cutting. So just do what you have to do, and work hard and see what happens.

You're doing great.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 20:30

BF:

OK How about this

Did PullUps - 50lbs assisted X4
100lb assisted X 7
Then Bench Press 115 x 10 x 3
Then Flys 110 x 10 x 3
Then Shoulder Press x 70 x 7 then 50 x 10 x 2
Then Tricep Extension 40x10 45x10x2
Then Standing Calf Extension 175x10x3
Then Sitting Row 110x10x3 only did this last cause there was a girl I wanted to talk to .. but didnt

Wanted to do Leg Press but there were a bunch of guys taking that up.

Today my muscle still seemed to hurt from Monday - Should I mix up the diferent focuses of the body throughout the week. I bought a Muscle and Fitness Magazine and they have you do 3 different workouts a week with a couple different body parts a week. What are your thoughts on that.

Forgot to mention - I also did 4 miles of intervals

and

10 minutes on the Real StairStepper

Last edited by BringIt : Fri, Jan-30-09 at 13:15.