Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:24

Plan: General Lower Carb
Stats: 160/151.2/138 Female 64
BF:39/37.4/25
Progress: 40%
Default The 5'4"ish and 160 to 130 Buddies Thread

The spirit of this thread is to gather together women in the 5 foot 4ish and in the 160ish weight range headed to around 130ish.

A few of us have found it helpful to have women very close to our goals and body type to band together and share what is working for us, etc.

If you meet these stats (roughly) and would like to join in, please do so.

Keep in mind, we do not all follow the same program....we have just found varied formulas that work for our unique bodies.

So come on in and share the new lifestyle love!

We'd love to have you. We have a lot of fun and enjoy lots of laughs.

Note to 2kids, 2BF, Murph, and KiKi...if you have anything to add please do so.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 20:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 30%

I do, as a matter of fact (what else is new??).

If you're comfortable sharing something about yourself, please do! We've begun the last two thread with a little something like this:

2kidsinaz/Eileen -- 155 -- short term goal is to get to the 4's by my birthday. I'm happily married, have two kids (could ya' guess that one??), I live in Arizona (how 'bout that one??) I'm self employed as of about two years ago. I've just discovered that my gum habit may have been sneaking in WAY too many carbs, so I've given it up (pretty much cold turkey). I'm doing Vintage Atkins (the '72 version) and am VERY happy to be in ketosis and in control this time!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 20:20

BF:

PS. Macros for today:

6.1 carbs, 118.0 protein, 109.0 fat, 1490 cals
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 21:30

Plan: General Lower Carb
Stats: 160/151.2/138 Female 64
BF:39/37.4/25
Progress: 40%

I am Kj, and I am happily married, no kids, two dogs, two horses. Live in the Ozarks....currently at about 152 headed towards 138 by Valentine's Day.

Headed to St. Louis tomorrow for a Tom petty/Steve Winwwod show and then I am ready to get back and hit it hard!

A note about the chickie boom booms that share this co-journal here with me....they are Super Funny and Super Hot! Oh yeah, and accomplished and savvy. Most importantly, we have a lot of fun.

;-)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 23:08

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 906%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsinaz
I do, as a matter of fact (what else is new??).

If you're comfortable sharing something about yourself, please do! We've begun the last two thread with a little something like this:

2kidsinaz/Eileen -- 155 -- short term goal is to get to the 4's by my birthday. I'm happily married, have two kids (could ya' guess that one??), I live in Arizona (how 'bout that one??) I'm self employed as of about two years ago. I've just discovered that my gum habit may have been sneaking in WAY too many carbs, so I've given it up (pretty much cold turkey). I'm doing Vintage Atkins (the '72 version) and am VERY happy to be in ketosis and in control this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyana
I am Kj, and I am happily married, no kids, two dogs, two horses. Live in the Ozarks....currently at about 152 headed towards 138 by Valentine's Day.

Headed to St. Louis tomorrow for a Tom petty/Steve Winwwod show and then I am ready to get back and hit it hard!

A note about the chickie boom booms that share this co-journal here with me....they are Super Funny and Super Hot! Oh yeah, and accomplished and savvy. Most importantly, we have a lot of fun.

;-)

Hi Goils!

2bflawless/Lisa, 151.4, short term goal is to get to 149.4 by weeks end since I keep bouncing between the two numbers! I am very much in love with my dh and we have two very short people (ages 18 months and 9) living with us! Because they’re cute we let ‘em! I too, own my own business and next month marks my one year anniversary of opening shop. Like 2kids, I am doing Vintage Atkins and am also quite thrilled to be in ketosis and losing again after mysterious gain from hell and stall. I began weightlifting 5 months ago and am addicted so I will go on and on and will want you to lift heavy things too!

Let's not forget Lian, who has already made it to goal! Lian check in; share a little of your success!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 23:14

BF:

Quote:
PS. Macros for today:

6.1 carbs, 118.0 protein, 109.0 fat, 1490 cals

Nice, 2kids!

Macros c 7.7 p 81.8 f 139.1 cals 1626

That whipped heavy cream makes those calories go up! But its sooo good
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 06:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bflawless
Nice, 2kids!

Macros c 7.7 p 81.8 f 139.1 cals 1626

That whipped heavy cream makes those calories go up! But its sooo good

Do you whip your own or did you try that Costco whipped cream? I did find that it has some sugar in it, but if you hold your portion to 2T, it's still only a trace of carbs. I love it fresh, but it makes a mess in my kitchen! Maybe I need to finally break down and get a KitchenAid for the house???? Hmmmm, maybe a b'day present??
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 08:54

BF:

I whip my own, 2kids. I haven't found any in a can that is sugar free or made with splenda.

Still burning up, all night and the air was on. Yikes! Deep purple and have all the side effects...gross. Gonna drink tons of water moving forward. The scales moving again! Lifting day today, can't wait.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 09:58

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default My story to share

I would like to jump in, if I may. My stats fit here, I think. I have been a member of this forum for over five years and I believe that I have come here evry day that I was a member, not counting the days that I was on vacation. I began on Atkins and I lost close to 30 lbs. But instead of losing continuously down to my goal of 125, I began gaining weight. Why didn't I change my diet, one might ask? Well, because of the other health benefits that I was getting from low carbing, I didn't want to mess with that aspect. I did all kinds of tweaking but nothing worked. As-a-matter-of-fact, some tweaks seemed to cause me to gain faster. Keeping that in mind, I also ran in a 5K nearly 2 years ago and continued to gain weight. I went back to my original 162 lbs then I added another 4 lbs to that...great Then I read about intermittent fasting. Like Atkins, I studied it and began to contemplate how to make it work for me. Well, after I became comfortable at doing it, I had lost 20 lbs in one year. It has been a slow steady haul but it is coming off. So now I do a combination of low carb/intermittent fasting. According to my stats I weigh 145 lbs actually it has been showing 143 lbs but of course it isn't stable so I just averaged it at 145. The weight seems to be coming off slowly but if I keep this up, I should be at 135 lbs this time next year. If you have any questions about this, I would be more than happy to share.

Mary
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 10:18

BF:

Hi Mary, and welcome! Congrats on the loss! We have a bunch of ladies out here who have moved from the 160's to the 140's -- even one has flirted with the 130's! One other, Lian, went from 180 to 127 or so. Me? Well, I bop up and down and haven't made much progress yet, but have recently found a few tricks of the trade that appear to be working.

We just support one another and enjoy each other's company. I like your perspective on the slow but steady loss. I'm always looking for the quick fix!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 10:30

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Hi Mary, and welcome! Congrats on the loss! We have a bunch of ladies out here who have moved from the 160's to the 140's -- even one has flirted with the 130's! One other, Lian, went from 180 to 127 or so. Me? Well, I bop up and down and haven't made much progress yet, but have recently found a few tricks of the trade that appear to be working.

We just support one another and enjoy each other's company. I like your perspective on the slow but steady loss. I'm always looking for the quick fix!

I wish that I could find a quick fix but they seem to make it worse. I think that because I am now in my fifties and still going through pre-menopausal issues. One thing for sure, the older I get the harder it is to lose weight. Although I have never met my grandmother, I saw a pic of her and she was huge. She could have been the poster child for obesity. I figure that I would be much bigger than my highest weight if I did nothing about it. Plus, I would be pretty close to becoming diabetic while suffering from migraines, itchy skin and bad knees. I know that my grandmother had knee pain simply because I had it and I didn't come close to her size. Well, I am hoping that I come here often and that I get down to 140 by December.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 14:24

BF:

Welcome, Mary!

We've all had out battles with losing then gaining...grrr.

Great workout today and very deep purple stix! Tried a new move targeting my biceps. DH mentioned that he can see my legs are getting more defined. MY inner thighs are toning right up! I really love the back squats, i have been doing those and front squats and I think the combo, for me, is the trick! My lats feel better today too! My energy is through the roof and I am BURNING up still. I tossed and turned last night cause I could not get cool. Drinking loads of water, hope it helps!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 14:49

Stats: 164/143/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hello ladies...welcome Mary!

Still hanging in around 143 this morning. My sticks aren't purple, but pink so I'm good with that right now. We are packing up to leave for the mountains this weekend. Be back on Monday! Maybe one of these days my schedule will get back to normal and I can post everyday again!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 14:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy5

Still hanging in around 143 this morning. My sticks aren't purple, but pink so I'm good with that right now. We are packing up to leave for the mountains this weekend. Be back on Monday! Maybe one of these days my schedule will get back to normal and I can post everyday again!

Hi Murph! Oooh I am so jealous you are so CLOSE to goal. Still lifting? Have fun on your trip!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-08, 16:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy5

Murph, hello!!!!!!!!!!! You are the BUSIEST girl I know!!! Have a GREAT time in the mountains! We're heading up to our cabin this weekend ourselves -- can't WAIT to get out of this hellhole! Phoenix in August SUCKS. Sooooooooo ready for fall, but we get a respite up there, so it's all good. Plus, it's blackberry picking weekend this weekend -- LOADS of brambles everywhere. Gonna make the family a blackberry cobbler. I'll just have a few plain ol' berries. High in carbs so just a fewwwwwwwwwwwwww.