Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 12:05

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default The HHRs...Healthy & Happy Rebels

Okay so you're probably wonder what in the world is this about right?
Well after trying soooooo many plans/diets some of us have decided to customize plans that suit us as individuals. Some may be closer to SB, Atkins, PP etc.. but with our own twist to it. We call ourselves Rebels b/c we always seem to be going aginst the grain of the different plans we've tried.
So since none of us are following any particular plan we needed a place to call home.

We found that we were getting stressed, frustrated and binging b/c we weren't following a plan word for word. So instead of focusing on that magic number on the scale and beating ourselves up we are going to focus on being Happy & Healthy. If it takes longer for the weight to come off then so be it we look at this as a life long commitment not a race.

We feel that when you surround yourself with positive people and support it makes it easier to get through it. So if you are doing your own plan and need a place to call home (other then your journal) come on in take your shoes off have a LC snack and let's get to know each other.

Remember we are not here to judge, if your plan isn't working try something else just make sure it's healthy and you're happy doing it. We are here to uplift each other through the rough times and you on through the good times.

Sincerely,

The HHRs (Happy & Healthy Rebels)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 12:12

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I am really, really excited to be a part of this thread!

I love that there is an openness to sharing what works, commiserating when something doesn't, uplifting one another when someone needs it (who doesn't at one time or another?), and not feeling like a failure when our choices aren't PERFECT. Here's to being happy and healthy!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 12:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by livesimply
I am really, really excited to be a part of this thread!

I love that there is an openness to sharing what works, commiserating when something doesn't, uplifting one another when someone needs it (who doesn't at one time or another?), and not feeling like a failure when our choices aren't PERFECT. Here's to being happy and healthy!

I couldn't have said it better myself Debbie.
First step towards success is acknowledging your fears, accepting the challenges and making a plan to acccomplish. Can't wait for others to join, we're going to do this together
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 12:21

Plan: My Own :-)
Stats: 253/237.6/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking

Good afternoon peeps! :-) I am in, as you know. Had a rough go last night but back on track of what I like to call self-respectful eating today

Without the super lc and being preggy I need to eat small meals more often or I'm big time hungry. I took the boys to the river yesterday it was nice. Last night I just struggled with old and sometimes still repeating issues: Lonely (feel like a single mom again) symptoms, BOREDOM with being home, and feeling a little stuck. I was lacking patience with the boys yesterday for sure and just didn't feel good after the sun and river. Then at dinner...too hot and pukey to cook. Nothing looked good===fast food binge.

It was severely depressing last night and hard to recover from. The carb load triggered a huge downward moodswing. If I have a rough night...I just try to focus on staying calm and not panicking. I still struggle with anxiety sometimes at night time (old stuff). But...the sunrise and new day always comes with a new strength. Life just doesn't seem so hard with a new day.

I started fresh. Got a little housework done today. I am still planning on a walk. Plus, I think I need to take up somemore hobbies or get creative. I still am not supposed to be driving until I renew my license so I get major cabin fever!!!

It is soo nice to have a place to be. I am looking forward to this thread. I feel like we can be more focused on our individual needs (like K-Boogie said so well) plus on eachother as people (building supportive relationships) instead of another darn diet. Yuck! I never want to be on a diet again. I want to be in a healthy life for the rest of mine! I am trying to encourage myself to see last night and each hard moment as a growing opportunity, a chance to get to know myself better, instead of a failure.

I hope all of you have a great day!
Thank you for stopping by my journal...I needed you all today especially. It is scary to let go of my super-control that I used with Atkin's and to have to focus on what I nutritionally need and what portions I actually need. For me, it requires more self-awareness and concern. Doing this with food and trying to overcome control or out-of-control extremes is new for me. But I bet I will be a different person with practice.

Erin :-)
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 14:56

BF:

Hey Guys,
I'm actually getting ready toleave work but just wanted to drop this off from a post I posted in my journal. I'll try to get on this weekend

Have a great weekend!!

To not follow a particular plan to the "letter" doesn't mean you are not strong, a failure or a loser..
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 15:47

BF:

Yummy recipes to share (Warning I am an eye-ball it cook with no written recipes)

I used Maxine's flax muffin but made in a cake pan (added more), used all flax (didn't have any coconut or nut flours) and grated finely 3 med zucchinis plus added a little applesauce and about 1/4 cup cooked steel cut oats.

Topping: Whipped one cream cheese loaf, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup splenda w/ a little water to get super fluffy.

DELICIOUS!!

Dinner tonight:

Erin Tri-tip Casserole Surprise

tri-tip (sliced thinly) sauteed in EVOO and garlic (or not) plus one sweet red onion chunked and one yellow chunked. salt/pepper to taste.

Once onions started to carmelize I dashed in some balsamic (eye it) to make a little rue.

Then I tossed in a can of organic cream of mushroom plus some chunked crimini mushrooms.

Let simmer 10-15 on med. Add and turn feta cheese, 3 cups spinach. Turn for few minutes.

**(for 1/2 made a cornbread topping) then added 1 cup grated med. cheddar on top plus some sliced, fresh tomatoes.

**Not lc but I bet we could modify this.

THE HOUSE SMELLS GREAT!! It feels so good to be in the kitchen again....

Yeah!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 17:38

Plan: No processed foods
Stats: 247.6/232.8/150 Female 5'5"
BF:yes
Progress: 15%

Call me crazy, but what is tri-tip?

Count me in for the challenge, btw!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 18:01

Plan: To Lose - HHR
Stats: 280/225/179 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Good evening everyone! Right now, I think I am between plans. After 3 weeks of not going anywhere weight wise, I am upping my calories to BMR to see how that does. Looks like I have upped my carbs as well, I was eating very LC. The fruit and salads are so yummy right now so I am going to enjoy them while my body resets here. Much better to eat those healthy things than falling face first into the potato chips, which is what I could be doing.

Erin, I am your kind of cook! I actually had to make the flax muffins to get the ingredients and amounts to send you. Good for you on making it your own. The base is very versatile you can add anything to it. Like my Mounds brownies. Make a little more flax muffin base recipe using 1 and 1/2 cup of flax and add to that 2 melted squares of bakers unsweetened chocolate and 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, up the sweetening power to about a cup and bake in a brownie pan. Man o Man you can hardly tell them from the real thing I bet your shredded zukes would be awesome in that.

I'm not a sweets person so I really don't make them that often. Today I had a turkey breast snack with 1/2 of a cantelope I didn't mean to eat so much but I could stop, it was soooooooooo great
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 13:37

BF:

I lost two more pounds....so I guess I can relax a little now. I totally jabbered my husband's ear off this am with everything about this new way of thinking. Then I weighed....hah!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 14:19
one day at a time

Plan: south beach
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hello, Rebels! Thanks so much for making this thread for us, KB! Looking forward to cheering each other on...
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-08, 21:42

Plan: LC
Stats: 350/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:350+ highest wt
Progress: 175%

Alright, so what I want to know is, where the heck was this challenge a year or two ago! I saw the link in Maxine's journal and thought I would check it out--anything with the word rebel in the title draws my attention! I typically stay out of the main areas of most forums and discussions because I don't follow any one plan strictly, which can cause a bit of controversy. Anyway, I applaud you all and really believe that lasting success is not made from one cookie cutter approach, but from taking all of the things that you learn and finding what works best for you and your body (and mind, spirit, etc.)---as well as understanding that that may change over time.

Congrats to all of you for deciding to "break the rules" in order to take control of your lives!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 09:36

BF:
Talking

Good morning ladies!! Here's to another day!! My goals for food and health today are:

Be active and outdoors.
Take it one meal at a time.
Listen to what I need.
Practice learning how to take a nap.

Erin :-)
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 17:43
one day at a time

BF:

Can I still stay in this thread if I decide to stick pretty much to my plan? I really want to do it...just leaving myself the option to use a LC product from time to time (some of which aren't the SB way).
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 18:04

Plan: cronometer + Ray Peat
Stats: 185/118.4/125 Female 5' 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Silly girl--of course you can--I'm guessing everyone would agree, that it's a thread for people on any plan, not one particular plan. I'm basically following Atkins. But I understand there is no ONE PERFECT PLAN. And if there was, there are no perfect people to follow it!!!

How are you doing today, Sass?
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 21:47
one day at a time

BF:

Well, that's a relief. Because y'all are so fun and cheery!

I'm ok...had a tough day emotionally bc I just feel so unlike myself. I really miss my old body and clothes (though back then I thought I was sooooooo fat, of course). Sometimes I think I'll never get back there and it feels like a punch in the stomach to imagine staying the same as I am right now. Ugh.

BUT...enough of that!

How are YOU doing?????