Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:23

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%
Default My closet is becoming bare!

For the first time in YEARS my closet is becoming bare! EVEN my tshirts are having to go away because I literally swim in them! This is such a good feeling except : I am a preschool teacher and well... I NEED CLOTHES! We start back at the end of August, so I don't want to buy just yet because I am hoping to be down one more size by then! YEEHAW!!

One of my friends is now living on Atkins as me, and she has inherited all of my clothes for a while. People! This is nutzo! I have never in my life had only 2 dresses that fit! She is loaded up now with clothes for church and what not, but now.. I am bare! The good thing? YAY is that I am finally back into normal clothes and can basically probably wear anything I want, and my birthday is coming up on Labor Day! I feel a shopping spree the weekend before!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:26

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Whoohooo!!!!

What I do on my way down is haunt the used clothing stores. I've lucked out and even got designer clothing for practically nothing.

I've even had to replace all my shoes!

But, as much fun as it is, there's a frustration in the morning when I've figured out what I'm going to wear and it looks all baggy.

I bought a ton of belts too.

Congrats to you and your 'problem'!!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:27

Plan: Atkins (General LC)
Stats: 178/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:

That is GREAT news! Congrats! As long as I have the money, what I like to do is go out and get a new outfit every milestone... it keeps me motivated and feeling great! If I were you, I still wouldn't go all crazy with the clothes, just be aware of what you're buying and get the basics that can be worn for than once in a week... because I have faith you will keep on losing....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:27
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 202.4/164.6/120 Female 61"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Congrats! What a great reason not to have any clothes that fit! I lucked out and found someone who was giving away some brand new clothes they hadn't worn and grown out of the next size down for me. I was able to get enough shirts to last the summer in the new size - by next summer I want to be in Misses. I plan on hitting the thrift stores even more than normal until my sizes stop changing. DH said I can buy whatever I want for this weightloss reason especially; I told him that I want to spend as little as possible for clothes I won't be able to wear long. Keep on going!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:34

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!

Well just a month ago I took her three big bags so giving her another one with smaller sizes was just too cool!! Last week like I said a coworker of mine had seen how much I had lost and brought me some clothes, so that was cool! Be a blessing and be blessed that is what I learned!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement!! I just can't wait to come back and update this again REALLY soon saying I have NO clothes!!

Oh btw: I am going through the drawers today ~ and I think that I will just gently and quietly discard the undies and bras that no longer fit!

I love this "problem" too! LOL
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:53

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 205/152/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

i did the same thing recently. it was such a great feeling to get rid of so much stuff that just hung on me. what was even greater was to fit into those shirts i had hanging in my closet that were always too tight and now they fit great! eventually i hope they'll be too big too.

way to go sheila!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:54

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

CONGRATS SHEILA!

That is a great problem! I hand over my clothes to my friends. I have 3 friends that are the size I was before. I have one that is a size 20 in the waist and a 2xl on top and then another that is a size 18 and a 1xl and then the other is a size 12 and a XL. As long as I lose they get more and more clothes! LOL!

Congrats on having a bare closet! I am sure it will be full soon!

DH says I can buy clothes as long as I don't go back to what I was! LOL! WORKS FOR ME!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 08:17

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 273/190.4/139 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 62%

It is such a wonderful problem. I too am always trying to find something that fits. Usually I sleep in an old tshirt that is way too big. Last night I slept in a little cameo top I had bought. I got up to go to the bathroom and passed by the mirror, and had to back up....I thought...Whoa...is that me????????
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 08:27

Plan: Ketogenic paleo
Stats: 186/167/125 Female 5'4"
BF:trying to quit
Progress: 31%

Sheila,

Now that's a "problem" I envy you for having. Hopefully in 2 - 4 weeks I will also be "forced" to go shopping for things 1 dress size lower
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 08:46

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

Isn't this a great problem to have?!! I'm even out of "test" clothes in my closet -- 'cause everything fits! (The problem now is that I don't like the clothes that fit so that means more shopping).

I did a study break shopping trip to our local Kohl's store and really cleaned up on the clearance racks for some end of the summer clothes and in preparation for our trip to Mexico at Christmas. It's a good place to find things reasonably priced (like I got a great sweater/hoodie for $8.00!!)

Have fun! And keep up the good work!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 08:55

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Did I understand correctly? Your riend is also doing Atkins? If so, she will soon be swimming in your clothes.

Sheila, Make sure that you buy something hot, sex, and cool.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 10:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287/276/190 Male 5ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 11%

On my way down last time, I made the mistake of buying clothes as I shrank - problem was I was left with unused clothes, with the labels intact, that I shrank past. Ebay had a heck of a lot of my clothes.. This time, I am not doing that, just making sure I have a good belt, and luckily, summer is a time when baggy looks ok.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 11:35

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have been getting all my clothes from either Goodwill, DAV thrift store or the ARC thrift store. Last time I bought new clothes and new shoes, I lost a lot of inches and I couldn't wear all the stuff I just bought within 2 weeks.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 12:14
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Discount stores, too, like Walmart & such, are great for these transitional times. You can get a lot of clothes for little money. They aren't fancy or particularly well made clothes sometimes, but you won't need them for long.

If you can afford it, take a bit of money and buy just enough transitional clothes to get you through. You'll be amazed at how much better you look in clothes that fit, and you won't feel badly when you grow too skinny to wear them.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 13:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/255/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -88%

Oh man, how I do envy you! I haven't lost enough that I have that particular problem yet, but hopefully it's just around the corner! Congrats