Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 06:49

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm down one of the 3 lbs today that I put on with pms (long gone) and beginning shred. I think I'll wait to start two until my knee settles down. I'm really debating tossing the scale.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 10:44

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Pic of my bicep after 14 days of Shred:

Excuse the quality of the pic. I took it with my cellphone camera.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, May-14-08, 10:48

BF:

Wow did I have to baby my knee with the lunge and bends with the anterior raise move. Whew I made it though! I'm finding my pm walk no matter how long is a breeze after shred.

Great bicep!! I can't wait to burn the blubber off mine and see what is under there!
  #64   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 13:48

Plan: Atkins Now/S.B. Later
Stats: 165/138.4/128 Female 64 Inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Start Current (5 of 30 Workouts)
Arms:11.5 Arms: 11
Waist:31.5 Waist: 29.5
Hip:38 Hip:37
Thigh:21 Thigh:21

My stomach is flattening and my arms are becoming really well toned! I'm lovin' it!! I've been working out a lot lately, 30day and about an hour a night on my eliptical. The scale isn't moving much but obviously the inches are! Well. I'll check in sometime next week and see how everything is shapin' up!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach/Candida
Stats: 172/159/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I'm so glad to have found this thread! I did the shred once about two weeks ago and then had to work at an event for 2 hours afterwards where I was squatting and then standing up again the whole time. I ended up severely straining both thigh muscles and could hardly walk for a week. I'm back to normal now, so I decided to exercise again yesterday. I looked around for another video to do, but ended up coming back to the shred. I find that I can't do everything on it yet, but I'm hoping to do it every day and build up. I thought I was imagining that I could feel results after only doing it twice. Now I'm realizing it's just a great work out (minus overdoing it and pulling your muscles!).
  #66   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 19:00

BF:

I'm doing shred without the cardio (bummer!). No treadmill either. I have terrible shin splint. I think tomorrow I'll run through the weights and abs portion 2 times. I'm in cardio withdrawl!
  #67   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 19:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

I just got the shred today and it is quite a workout. My arms are going to be sore tomorrow! I didn't find the cardio challenging at all, but the rest was! I am going to mix this with cardio machines at the gym, and see how it works. I'm pretty excited about hearing all your results!

Nice definition in that arm, H20!
  #68   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 06:11

BF:

So glad to see others joining the Shred craze! Welcome to you all! Thanks for the compliment Kerbear.

I'm in my second week of level 2 and am planning on moving to level 3 next week...

Yesterday during the holiday I was in lazy mode and everything within me wanted to skip doing Shred for the day. But a cooler head prevailed and I did it and felt great to have not succombed to laziness. That's the thing about Shred - once you get going with it, you realize it is only twenty minutes long (minus the warm-up and cool-down) and that even though it is an intense twenty minutes, it is still only twenty minutes and those minutes fly by before you know it.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, May-22-08, 13:11
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Okay, I'm in! I found the DVD at the mall today ($9.99, score!) and I'm watching it now on my computer while I work so I know what to expect tonight. I'm going to do my measurements before I start, so I can see just how well it works!
  #70   ^
Old Thu, May-22-08, 18:29
Bouncy!

So, how sore am I going to be tomorrow? I did the first workout today. I used 5lb weights and didn't have to do the modified version of any of the exercises except the last two or three pushups of the second set and the side lunges might not have been quite as deep as they should have been. I'll get better after a couple of workouts, I'm sure. That was tough, though.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, May-23-08, 06:40

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieL
So, how sore am I going to be tomorrow? I did the first workout today. I used 5lb weights and didn't have to do the modified version of any of the exercises except the last two or three pushups of the second set and the side lunges might not have been quite as deep as they should have been. I'll get better after a couple of workouts, I'm sure. That was tough, though.

Hi Valerie. So glad you're going to be shredding with us.

I wasn't really that sore the next day after my first Shred workout but it was probably because I had already been doing intense cardio workouts that included lunges and squats before I even started doing Shred. I find with Shred it's more of a "feel like you're going to die while trying" type of thing rather than soreness the next day. At least from my experience anyway.

Well folks, I'm wrapping up level 2 today and it's onto level 3 next week....EEK! I'll be glad to leave the plank janks and plank twists of level 2 behind - those are KILLER!!. But then again level 3 seems to offer up its own set of "treats" too so I'm not out of the woods by any means...lol.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, May-23-08, 07:27
Bouncy!

Well, so far so good, I'm not sore, but I often have soreness on the second day instead of the first after doing a new workout, so we'll see.

I'm not sure if I'll do the workout today or not, I've got lots of other exercise lined up, but it's only 20 minutes, I could probably fit it in.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, May-23-08, 16:44

BF:

I'm still doing it. However I'm doing the weight movements from 1-3 and the abs from 1-3. I still have MAJOR shin splints and cant do the cardio moves or the squats etc. I figure doing all the abs and weights from 1-3 is still a good workout.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, May-24-08, 07:07
Bouncy!

I wasn't sore yesterday, but I am a bit today. A pattern for me, soreness on the second day after a new workout. I didn't do the DVD yesterday, but I did 40 minutes of walking on my lunch and 40 minutes of jogging in the evening. I'm definitely going to do the DVD today though, I'm hoping to do the DVD 5 times a week.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, May-24-08, 08:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieL
I wasn't sore yesterday, but I am a bit today. A pattern for me, soreness on the second day after a new workout. I didn't do the DVD yesterday, but I did 40 minutes of walking on my lunch and 40 minutes of jogging in the evening. I'm definitely going to do the DVD today though, I'm hoping to do the DVD 5 times a week.

Be sure to measure yourself Valerie. It is truly amazing Even the last week of just the weights and abs noticably have my pants much looser than last week and lots lots looser that 2-3 weeks ago.