Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 10:29

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Goddess
Well I feel like I literally have my own personal trainer right there in my livingroom - and it's Jillian to boot! It doesn't get any better than that. I also love that she has both the a modified and more challenging option for the hardest moves. I can only hope that one day I'll be as shredded as Jillian, Natalie or Anita are in this video. It would also be nice to be as strong and advanced as Natalie is in this workout. She executes the more complicated moves like it's nothing at all! Hats off to her.

Oh I know! Her legs are AMAZING!! They all look wonderful and ooze fitness, without being bulky looking, they maintain such femininity. Natalie makes it look way too easy. I'm hoping the measuring tape keeps moving in the downward direction, as much as I'm enjoying this workout and feeling it, I don't see how it won't!!! I'll tell you though, that last cardio stretch is a killer!!! But I know once we get there, it's almost over
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 10:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/165.5/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Thank you so much for the recco for 30 day shred, i just got it for $10 on ebay!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 10:59

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris
Oh I know! Her legs are AMAZING!!

Oh don't they though? She looks amazing. Her body reminds me of the body I was striving towards way back in my high school days when I was heavily involved in track and field and training for the meets. She looks awesome, yet very feminine. Same goes for Anita. I would kill for Anita's abs!

Jillian's dedication to health and fitness is a true inspiration to me.

Quote:
I'm hoping the measuring tape keeps moving in the downward direction, as much as I'm enjoying this workout and feeling it, I don't see how it won't!!! I'll tell you though, that last cardio stretch is a killer!!! But I know once we get there, it's almost over

If done consistently, I think Shred will melt inches off, no question. Actually, it would be nice to keep track of inches lost from our shredding right here in this thread. Maybe on a weekly basis or something...? How about we call it our official Shred Thread?

How many days a week do you do Shred? I plan to do it 5 times a week since it combines cardio, strength and abs training all in one.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 11:13

BF:

I posted my inches earlier in the thread, and I'm going to keep doing it on Sunday. We can do it here and encourage one another, that would be great!! I started shredding on 4/21 and have missed 2 days. I was thinking about 5 days/week as well for the long term.

Holly, I hope you love it as much as we do!!! I know I'll eventually need to buy the DVD, right now I'm getting it from Exercise TV on demand, and they cycle through them. I just did it on a whim last week and so glad I found it! I think the biggest piece of advice is take it seriously. When I first did it, I was in the mindset that such a short workout wouldn't be effective. Boy, was I wrong! It's a tough workout in every sense of the word, but the moves are not difficult. I may have even done the first workout without weights had I known, just to get the moves right. I seriously could not type the day after the first workout my arms hurt so bad!!!

Ah, I can't wait to get home and shred!!!!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 11:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris
I posted my inches earlier in the thread, and I'm going to keep doing it on Sunday. We can do it here and encourage one another, that would be great!! I started shredding on 4/21 and have missed 2 days. I was thinking about 5 days/week as well for the long term.

Holly, I hope you love it as much as we do!!! I know I'll eventually need to buy the DVD, right now I'm getting it from Exercise TV on demand, and they cycle through them. I just did it on a whim last week and so glad I found it! I think the biggest piece of advice is take it seriously. When I first did it, I was in the mindset that such a short workout wouldn't be effective. Boy, was I wrong! It's a tough workout in every sense of the word, but the moves are not difficult. I may have even done the first workout without weights had I known, just to get the moves right. I seriously could not type the day after the first workout my arms hurt so bad!!!

Ah, I can't wait to get home and shred!!!!

Great. I hadn't even noticed you'd already posted your inches. I'll take mine tonight and post them here also.

Having just completed 5 straight weeks of Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout, I had set out in search of the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt dvd, since I really enjoy Cardio Max and working out with BL cast memebers as well as Jillian, Bob and Kim. I had already read about Shred online and decided to purchase it at some point but when I saw I thought why not just purchase it now. I purchased it last week for $11.99. I still intend to get Power Sculpt but for now I'm focusing on Shred. Since I saw such great results doing Cardio Max (major inches lost as well as over all toning) over the past five weeks, I intend to do Shred for the next five weeks or so and track my progress.

I can't wait to get home and get shredded either!

Last edited by H20Goddess : Tue, Apr-29-08 at 11:42.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-08, 11:36

BF:

They have the Power Sculpt on exercise TV as well. Only Jillian's though, which is fine, as I have heard the other ones are WAY intense. I have only done sculpt twice though, because the shred is more than enough, but I may do the sculpt on my off days and see how it goes.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-08, 00:23

BF:

I found the shred video 1 on OnDemand, but my HD is weird and sometimes kicks out the sound, so I did it mostly mute, but it worked and kicked my butt. I had done an hour with my trainer this morning, but then found the workout around 2 this afternoon and figured, what's 20 mins? I was panting on the floor for the last 5 mins. I will try it again tomorrow, but I can see how the jumping jacks and butt kicks work and tire you out.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-08, 18:51

BF:

Hope everyone had a great day!!! I missed my workout yesterday, and it was SO tough to get the motivation to do it tonight, I just wanted jammies and my bed But I did it and felt better for it. Tonight was tougher though than it has been the last few days. I really didn't eat much today (protein shakes) and I think I probably should have eaten and then worked out later. Tomorrow is another day though.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 05:59

BF:

I'm still shreddin' and loving every minute of it. Today marks day five since I started Shred and I feel great and very motivated. I'm debating on whether I'm going to move onto level 2 next week or do level 1 for another week...
  #25   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 07:28

BF:

I was so aggravated yesterday, I overslept and had plans with a friend for lunch and a movie. I was good at lunch, had a bacon burger with broccoli on the side, and had sfree reeses buttercups at the movies, however those sf candies wreck my stomach, and I had forgotten that for some reason. I went right from the movies to a screen printing class held in the basement of this loft building with, you guessed it, no bathroom. for two hours! i was dying!!! needless to say no workout yesterday. Its 9:30am now, so I am off to make up for lost time.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 15:52

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

I listen to Jillian Michaels Radio Show in podcast. If you like her you will like her show!

http://kfiam640.com/cc-common/podca...cast=SUNDAY.xml

I have her book Making the Cut and I will really like it! It's been my bible. Although, i'm not following her eating plan to the T I am keeping my calories within the suggested range and I've noticed a huge difference!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, May-01-08, 20:04

BF:

I missed today because I got home so late, so I'm feeling discouraged. I may double up tomorrow, but we'll see. I may just add a tae-bo. It's been a crazy week so far.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 08:48

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question

I've been shredding too. I dragged myself out of the bed...am workouts work best for me, but they are sooooo hard when all you want to do is sleep. I've been thinking about adding more cardio.

What are you guys doing in addition to the shred?
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 09:08

BF:

Happy Friday fellow Shredders! I've decided to move to level 2 starting on Monday of next week. I previewed level 2 by just watching it to see how diifficult the moves looked and I can only ask that you all please pray for me...Jillian is going to kick my BUTT!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, May-02-08, 10:35

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I have been doing level 1 shred....has anyone tried level 2? Curious before I tried to tonight.