Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 00:20

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
DH hates cauliflower and can pick out a dish with cauliflower in it at 100 paces.

Yep. Me too. Especially after my bout with making faux rice. Oh my goodness, that strong smell of cauliflower just made me so sick. That had to be the most gross LC dish I ever tasted. I ended up throwing the whole thing away and my house still smelled of cauliflower.

I so wanted it to work so I could have faux rice with my oxtails and gravy or with my gumbo or smothered chicken, but it was not so and believe it or not I actually like cauliflower...in very small amounts scattered in a salad or in a mixture of veggies, but after the faux rice ordeal I don't think I could ever eat cauliflower again.

Anyway, I think I'll try the zucchini version and see how that goes for me 'cause those breadsticks sure do look yummy.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-08, 09:38

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

The zucchini version is good...great alternative for those who don't like cauliflower. I think the people who can't stand the cauli must be sensitive to the sulphur component. Maybe you are a super taster.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 12:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/170/150
BF:
Progress: 23%

Just another vote for how great this recipe is. I made a pizza today, using the cauliflower, but cooked it a lot longer than called for...probably about 20 minutes then flipped and cooked for another 20 minutes, put the toppings on and baked for an additional 15 minutes took it out and let it sit for 5 minutes. It was excellent, and will be a regular meal for me. I had no problem picking up the slices and eating them. THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS RECIPE ROCKS !!!!
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-08, 21:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i need to make this again for next weekend. it is so good. sue
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Mar-14-09, 20:20
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 180/157.5/150 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 75%

I make this like 2 times a week!!!

Soo good and tastes just like real crust!
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Mar-15-09, 18:47

Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I LOVE this recipe, but for some reason I get a little gagy on the cauliflower if I have it to often. It is strange, since I really like cauliflower and eat it often. I have been making the zuchini version lately and I think I like that even better. It is yummy with peperoni. One thing I really like about this recipe is that is it very "foregiving"..don't have to really measure the ingredients..it always turns out fine.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-09, 21:18

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%

I know your talking about the pizza but I made the Cauliflower Lasagna tonight and OMG it was soooo good my hubby loved it! He just went on and on and then I finally told him it was Cauliflower she said well it sure is good. LOL I just have to say how happy it made me and so easy and fast! Thanks so much! I will be making this often for sure!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 10:20

Stats: 208/203.6/170 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I'm making this for the first time today... it's in the oven now.
I'm following somene's recommendation - bake 20 minutes, flip, bake another 10-20 minutes... then let cool a bit, then add toppings. Will let you all know how it turns out.
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 11:02

BF:

Holy COW! This was soooo good. I have to admit, I ate 1/2 of the pizza!! I'm a pizza fiend and I can easily polish off the last 1/2 but I won't. I want DH to enjoy it as well
So, that means I ate 1 cup of cheese... no more cheese for me today!
I made it with 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, 1 cup of cheese and pepperoni as my toppings and once that was cooked on I added some banana pepper rings! YUMMY. I'm going to post a picture of the finished product now
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 16:45

Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

wow, sounds awesome, just unsure I could make it, don't have good luck with cauliflower.. pics of the pizze were amazing and makes me want to try cooking it.
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 16:56

I have the cal. nothing else that could be added for the pizza or the lasg. I think I will try making all the recp. head to the store this week and get some sauce, have cheese. Bet you could adapt it to make a "mexican" pizza and lags. thanks so yummy looking. I have not had luck with cooking with cal. in the past but want to try it again. I miss this type of food!
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-09, 16:17

anyone try making the crust and freezing it or rolling it in wax paper and storing it in the fridge?
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 15:26
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Cauliflower pizza crust is in the oven.
It came out great so far and was easy to get onto the pan...will update when it's finished!

Okay..
So I made this on a baking sheet lined with greased wax paper.
It made it worse.
It stuck like crazy, but I flipped it after 15 minutes anyway and patched the holes with cheese and cooked it right on the pan for an extra ten minutes.
Then I raised the temp to 550 and added my toppings.

The only thing I tweaked was that I added 1/8tsp of cream of tartar to the batter.

OMG it was to DIE FOR!
Even Picky Jason devoured it and turned his nose up at his favorite burgers.
He said "Lets just have the pizza, I'll take those burgers for lunch tomorrow"...hehe.

There was NO cauliflower taste AT ALL.
I apologize for no pictures, it was devoured before I had a chance to take pictures.
Next time I will use a pizza pan and grease grease grease it, and not use wax paper.
I'd make this every night for dinner if I knew I could limit my intake.
This truly did taste almost 100% like real pizza, and you could pick it up by the slice and eat it.
It did sag at the tip a little, but all good thin crust greasy pizza slices do!
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 17:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha22
Next time I will use a pizza pan and grease grease grease it, and not use wax paper.
I'd make this every night for dinner if I knew I could limit my intake.
This truly did taste almost 100% like real pizza, and you could pick it up by the slice and eat it.
It did sag at the tip a little, but all good thin crust greasy pizza slices do!

Hey Girl... I used parchment paper... it worked like a charm... didn't even have to grease it. Just lined my cookie sheet with it.
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Apr-13-09, 15:28
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

So...I made this again...god it's awesome!
This time I just sprayed the pizza pan and had no issues with sticking.

Here's a tasty pic!