Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 09:54

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Jessica, we share a birthday - I will be 35 on July 9th of this year!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 11:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/248/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 32%

thanks chris!! my name's alia...sometimes hard for people to pronounce so you can call me ali if you like
i think i agree with your friend about if...what about if you just do regular old atkins for a week and see what happens?? i'll tell ya the last time i did me i didn't do as well as expected and lost more when i just did the regular diet...and it was much more yummy too haha!
jessica i don't even remember what i lost during induction...i still am doing induction and will continue until i get this weight off. i have added a few things back into my diet, but don't go over 20 carbs a day.
so af (aunt flo chris LOL)reared her ugly head today and i am just miserable!! it's weird, since having my son my periods have gotten easier, but this one is TERRIBLE! the cramps are killing me and i just feel so bloated BLAH!
bbl (be back later)
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/151.8/127 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thats soo cool chris! Cancers are great people, but i guess im bias! so i was reading thru your guys past posts, well a few. Alia, i totally get your abbrieviations! i belonged to this pregnancy forum for about a year and learned all kinds of cute ones: ttc, af, bfp, bfn, cm, ewcm... lol... i was really obsessed with getting prego! but now its all about atkins. what is if and me??i just made the best lunch! i sauted garlic in butter, added shrimp and crab and cream and parm cheese! oh my word! alia, how old is your son? i have a 12 yr old. chris any kids? well, gotta get back to my reality tv...
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 11:47

BF:

i belonged to a pregnancy board too that is now a playgroup...that's where i learned all the abbreviations too
if=intermittent fasting
me=meat and egg which usually you will see m&e, however, i abbreviated it to just me
my son just turned 15mo and we will start ttc at the end of summer...ideally i would like to be at or around goal weight b4 we ttc, but hubby really wants another and i would like my kids close in age. so hopefully by the end of summer i will be under 200 and we will start...i am not very fertile (took me 2yrs to conceive my son) so maybe that will buy me some more time to loose weight.
ds's up...gotta run!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-08, 11:58

BF:

OMG (yeah, I know that one), you guys are chock full o' acronyms! I'm going to need an interpreter!!! No kids for us except two furry black meow meows :-) I've done some M&E and some IFing, so when you hit a stall and want to know more, lemme know :-)
Chris
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-08, 06:54

BF:

Morning, ladies! I am down to 200.8, and hoping to hit onederland by the weekend (didn't I say something just like this last week????). Wish me luck!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-08, 09:01
Registered Member

BF:

thats great chris!! so today is my official one week on atkins! i made it thru the hard part (i think) as im sitting here i realize that my stomach is making some crazy noises!!! i have noticed that it has been doing that alot more lately, like i can hear my bacon and eggs being digested!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-08, 23:41

BF:

hey girls!
chris wtg on reaching 200lb again!! you are GOIN DOWN woohoo!
jessica congrats on you first week of atkins...you will be at your goal b4 u know it
nothing new to report...had kind of a blah day of eating. i was craving SOMETHING...but i just wasn't sure exactly what haha. i also didn't do any cooking today (very rare that i ever do this) so my diet lacked veggies and was high in processed meats (bacon, deli meat and beef hot dogs). no cheats though...tomorrow is a new day...i did manage to work out tho
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-08, 05:52

BF:

Alia, congrats on working out on a tough day. My elliptical is still gathering dust.

This morning I reached the fabled, mythical place we call... [drum roll please]: ONEDERLAND!!!! Of course my next fear is a bounce up tomorrow, lol.

Jessica, congrats on finishing up a week. How do you feel? The digestion noises go away after a bit :-)

I just wanna do the happy dance all day!!!!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-08, 09:46

BF:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU CHRIS!!!!!!!! you are doing such a wonderful job and i am really proud of you
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-08, 10:29
Registered Member

BF:

wahoo!! i told you it was going to come soon! i think it was mind over matter.... the mind is such a powerful thing. its going to start to melt off now!
i am going to mansfield in a few. im taking my son to his gramma's for the weekend. Bills b-day is friday, so we might be going out tonight to celebrate ( hes off fri but has to work sat) i think i am aloud to drink vodka and diet pop right? anyhoo hope you girls are doing good!
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 07:32

BF:

hey gals, thanks so much [let me take a bow]. I'm down a touch more today, woo hoo!!!!!

Jessica, how's induction treating you?

Alia, how are things going for you?

Now that I'm doing the high fat thing, I've pretty much stopped trying to narrow my IF window. Eating when I'm hungry, seems to be working pretty well.

Boy, I'm SO glad it's Friday...
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-08, 08:54
Registered Member

BF:

Happy Saturday Gals! How is everyone doing? I did a pretty intese work out this morning. I also got Bill doing the treadmill in the mornings before work. All day yesterday he kept askng me questions about the diet. Then at dinner he told me that he wanted to do the diet with me! He said he wants to start either Sunday or Monday! Another one convinced! What kind of dishes are you planning for easter? The only one i know for sure is my green bean casserole. and ham.
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 06:56

BF:

hey gals,

We're having dinner at my parent's today, I'm bringing green beans, I'm sure there will be meat of some sort, so I'll be fine. Need to get some major FAT in early in the day though. I'm back down to 199.8 after a bit of a bounce up yesterday.

Alia - Tuesday is your moment of truth, right? Think you'll get to 255? Stay the course, okay? Drop a post here if you need encouragement.
chris
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-08, 18:14

BF:

hey girlies! how's everyone doing??
im feeling pretty crappy actually. not sure if any of you have read my other thread, but i found out my blood pressure is too high and my good cholesteral is too low. my dr doesn't want me to do this diet anymore, but i have decided to stick with it...modified a bit. more lean meats, no sodium and have decided to add some beans (dr. seems to think this is important). i also started taking birth control 2 days ago and have a CONSTANT headache and am soooo tired. to be honest i don't even know if i will make my goal this month due to the BC. i did weigh myself b4 taking it and i was at 256 so i was soooooo close. i haven't gotten on the scale since so i will check tomorrow. if i have gained i will know it was from the BC.
hope everyone is having a fun easter!