Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 11:51
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisymaiz
Hey everyone-I don't have much time to chat, but a LOT going on, so give me a few minutes to type out an update.

OH MY GOD!!!!!! JEN JEN JEN JEN!!!!!!!

Hows baby
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 11:55
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Oh, LOVE that paci smiley!!

Can't wait to hear the birth story and baby details!!!!!

Oh, and since Robin's got the cauli covered, I'll start frying up bacon for us.....
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:01
~writes for Him~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Jen!!!

Nicole
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:02
~writes for Him~

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natkins

Oh, and since Robin's got the cauli covered, I'll start frying up bacon for us.....

Bacon!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:04
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 0%

Jen!!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:05
Registered Member

BF:

Ahahahahah.........my 3 year old came and sat in my lap for a sec........saw the pic on the front page and goes......"ewwwwww.....Mommy dat yucky poo poo"
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:06

Stats: 160/136/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

OK, so the C-section was a great success, River Zaire (my mom can't stop telling me how much she hates that name, btw) was born at 7:36 am-8 lbs., 21 inches long, cute as hell.

DH got to hold him right away, while I was still lying on the table I got to look at him for a few minutes, then all of a sudden he started making these weird noises and DH, baby, and 2 nurses rushed out of the room, leaving me with no idea what was going on. DH came back a minute later and said that baby was having trouble breathing, so they were taking him to the NICU. They said that he probably just had some fluid in his lungs, which I guess is common with C-sections (I did not know this), they put him on a ventilator and said that he should be out by Thursday.

Well, I got out of the hospital on Friday and baby is still in the NICU. He is doing well though, so I am very thankful for that. It's just taking longer for him to transition from the fetal life to the baby life, is how the dr. explained it to us. He did not respond to the ventilator, so Thursday night they had to switch him to a different machine which I cannot remember the name of, but the purpose was to vibrate his lungs and open them up so he would take in enough oxygen. They also had to give nitric oxide-however last night he was weaned off of that, and this morning he went back to the regular ventilator. So now it is just a matter of getting him weaned off the ventilator and the dopamine he is on to control hypertension.

We were really scared at first, but now it looks like he will be fine. We just have to be patient.

So for another surprise.....I am pumping my boobies I got talked into it by the neonatologist-she STRONGLY suggested and said that for a normal baby, formula is usually fine, however for babies like this they usually don't tolerate it well, but do tolerate their mom's milk. She said that if I would just try it for a couple weeks, to get him "over the hump," it would be a great benefit. At the time we talked about it, I would have been willing to do anything to improve his chances, so I figured if all I have to do is pump some milk, I better just do it. It's not as bad as I thought. I am renting a pump from the hospital, which my insurance will pay for because he is in the NICU. So I'll probably do it at least until I go back to work, then see how things go. He had his first feeding yesterday (only IV fluids until then) and it went well. I got to hold the little syringe thing and "feed" him and you could tell he knew it was something new-he seemed to like it. It was cute.

The pumping isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I can see it being a huge PITA at work and I am not producing much yet. So we'll see.

So as far as diet---not great but not out of control either. I haven't weighed myself yet because I still look like I'm pregnant, so I'm waiting for the swelling to go down so I can get a more accurate idea. Plus, I know I can't do induction while pumping so I need to do a little more research on what exactly I can do. I also think I will do best if I wait until baby comes home and we get settled into some kind of routine so I don't set myself up to fail by obsessing about food while everything else in my life is all crazy at the same time, if that makes any sense.

I miss you guys!!!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:08
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Oh Daisy, he will be just fine!!!! A lady here's grandson had trouble breathing after his c section, but after a few days he was home and fine!

I love the name River! Glad you are ok!

you !!!!!!!!!!

I'll brb, gotta have a damn meeting...hope you are here when I rteturn!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:13
Registered Member

BF:

Glad to hear all is well Jen! I like the name River too.

One thing I did learn when I was pumping.........DRINK LOTS OF WATER! You would not believe what a difference it made for me (I had supply issues).

So happy for you girl! Hope to see pics soon!
Hang in there.

We miss you and luv you
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:14
Registered Member

BF:

p.s. Both of my C-section babies had difficulty breathing and fluid in their lungs .......so from what I have heard.....it is pretty normal.

You and baby River are in my thoughts and prayers!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:14

Stats: 160/136/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverwhere
Oh Daisy, he will be just fine!!!! A lady here's grandson had trouble breathing after his c section, but after a few days he was home and fine!

I love the name River! Glad you are ok!

you !!!!!!!!!!

I'll brb, gotta have a damn meeting...hope you are here when I rteturn!

Yeah, that's what everyone at the hospital said-it's serious, but not uncommon. He's critical, but stable. None of the nurses or doctors have ever acted as if he might not be OK or like they don't know what to do for him.

It was really really hard leaving him at the hospital though. And I'm sad that I haven't even gotten to hold him yet, or have any pictures of him.......things could be much much worse though. Hanging out in the NICU kind of puts a lot in perspective.

Like, one day I was so jealous of this mom that got to hold her baby and feed him while I only got to look at mine, then the next day she was sitting in front of his bassinet sobbing because he was unresponsive and no one knew why. So then I felt guilty for being jealous before. And there's one little baby right across from River-MAYBE someone is visiting her while we're not there, but neither DH nor I have ever seen anyone visit her and we've been there at all different times of day. So those kinds of things help me to not feel so sorry for myself.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:15
Glamazon

Stats: 250/193.5/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 80%

JEN!!!!!!!!!!

Im so glad he's okay... I love the name!!! love it!!! so good to see you!!!!!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:19
~writes for Him~

BF:

I agree with Nicole, he will be fine! Can't wait to see pics!!

I like his name too, may use it for a hero in one of my stories.

Miss you!!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:20

Plan: IF and LC
Stats: 178/174/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I love that name!!

I'll send good thought's his way that he is able to come home soon! So glad you are doing okay!!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-07, 12:20
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Plan: Atkins (total, not net)
Stats: 194/151.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35.8%/19%/17%
Progress: 97%

I love the name too! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to bring him home soon!
Closed Thread