Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-07, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%
Default Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

I had celery, scallions, one onion and a bell pepper I needed to use or lose so I sauteed them along with garlic in butter until soft. My intention was to freeze them in small packages. I also had a pork tenderloin I needed to cook. This is the result, and it is easier than it sounds.

This is very good at room temperature without any sauce.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

1 pork tenderloin
veggie stuffing
low sugar bacon
optional: seasame seeds
toothpicks

Butterfly tenderloin lenthwise. Turn it cut side down. Hit it with the smooth side of a meat mallet to flatten it out a bit. (Use a small saucepan if you don't have a mallet -- just whack it!) Turn tenderoin over so the cut side is up.

Lightly salt and pepper the tenderloin. Place a layer of veggie stuffing on one side of the tenderloin then close up the butterfly. Wrap bacon around the tenderloin, securing with toothpics stabbed through the bacon and meat. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the top if desired. Place on a broiling rack in hot oven. Cook 20 - 25 minutes until a thermometer place in the center registers 150 - 155 degrees. The tenderloin will continue to cook for about 10 minutes after removing from the oven.

Cut into 1/2" slices and arrange on a platter. These are very pretty. May be accompanied by Mustard Cream Sauce if you want to get really fancy.

Veggie Stuffing:
1 medium bunch celery
1 medium onion
2 bunches scallions
1 large bell pepper (mine was orange, color doesn't matter)
3 - 4 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley or 1 bunch curly parsley including stems
1 stick butter
Sage, thyme, rosemary, summer savory -- may use all 4 or any combination

Mince garlic and parsley. Chop veggies into a 1/2" or smaller dice. Melt butter in a skillet over medium - medium low heat. Add all veggies, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes stirring once or twice. Add herbs to taste (recommend you try about 1/4 tsp sage, 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/8 tsp rosemary and a pinch of savory to start then add more as needed). Remove lid and clook until excess water has evaporated. Cool to room temperature. You'll use 1/2 - 1 cup per tenderloin. Freeze leftovers to add to soups and stews or meatloaves.

Mustard Cream Sauce

If you are into gilding lilies or have company to impress...

1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbls dijon mustard
1 minced clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Blend and heat over low heat, allowing to reduce until slightly thickened. If you want a faster sauce, whisk an egg yolk, add a bit of sauce to the yok and whisk, then whisk egg mixture into sauce. Should thicken instantly. Do not boil.

I tend to make this with 1tsp jalapeno mustard, 2 tsp dijon and add 1/2 tsp sage.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-07, 22:53
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Wow. That sounds great. thanks!