Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 08:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/142/125 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 32%

Mone, I love Gossip Girl too! I watched it for the first time the other day and I'm addicted.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 10:22

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Never heard of that show Mone...

Today is draaaaaaaaaaagggggging! boo.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 11:38

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hey everyone! I can't believe it's Monday. *sigh*

I did pretty poorly this weekend. Didn't weigh today, I know it'd just depress me. I think I'll wait until Wednesday...
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 16:36

BF:

Thank goooodness work is over. We're having pizza tonight, but I'm having 2 slices, max.

I had a salad for lunch which had 0 carbs so I'm good.

How's everyone doing?

New pic in my gallery.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 16:57
Registered Member

Plan: < 20 grams
Stats: 235/233/170 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hey Girls!!

I'm back, and now married!! Granted I've dropped off the planet for a while........but the good news is even throughout honeymoon and past month as a newly wed, I've maintained a pretty LC diet....well not the best, but considering.....but now I'm ready to jump back on the wagon.....the good news is I've only gained 3lbs since wedding!! Woo hoo!!
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 19:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/142/125 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 32%

Ahhh I just weighed myself....bad idea. I jumped 5 lbs. I really need to let go of this weighing addiction. I weighed in on Sunday morning at 141.5. I just weighed myself and I am 147. I can't seem to deal with the weight fluctuations on the scale. I seriously need to commit to weighing myself less often.

Ok. so no weighing tomorrow..... I am committing to not weighing again until Thursday morning (which sadly enough, will be hard for me).

love, hartley

Do you girls weigh daily?
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 20:17

BF:

Yep I do, unless I've eaten a lot of carbs and know I'm gonna see water weight. I usually feel it first thing in the morning, and if I feel it i know i will see it, so i wait a few days to weigh.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 23:14

Plan: General LC, Paleo
Stats: 156/156/137 Female 5'8.5''
BF:37%/30.0%/20%
Progress: 0%

Hi Bristolian! Congrats on your wedding!

Yes, I also weigh daily. So I instantly know about what the food does to me, and since I know that there are fluctuations, I don't normally freak out because the scale shows more.

BTW, I was thrilled when I stepped on the scale this morning, and it showed 149.5!! I "lost" 2.4 lbs since yesterday! I don't believe this will stick, but nevertheless I am happy about it!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 06:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

ugh... I am NOT weighing today. My boyfriend and i went out for dinner and drinks last night and I had 3 glasses of wine and a white russian...

I'll weigh in on Wednesday, I just can't bear to see a bad number today...
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 06:59

BF:

I'm down .2 today to 134.6

I didn't pack lunch today, so Alyssa and I will be eating out, I've got to be good, and maybe I can get past this damn 134!

Holly... stay away from the white russians!!! haha I had 2 slices of thin crust pizza yesterday and little bit of cornbread cause I still have some leftover from chili from the weekend! (which is all gone by the way, we ate sooo much this weekend! but somehow I managed to only go up a pound which was lost by hiking sunday)

Here's to a cheat free Tuesday!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 07:54

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I know, I know... Those white russians are the death of me! I can never say no to them... In all fairness, I didn't order it, my boyfriend ordered me one when I went to the bathroom, and then suddenly there was a white russian sitting in front of me! I was good for dinner. I ate a chicken caesar salad. And I was also good for my brunch... I made scrambled eggs with scallions and parmessan cheese. So, honestly, the scale probably wouldn't have been horrible...
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 08:06

BF:

No, you did great. And white russians are so damn good, I can never stop at one... so good job!

I'm fearful of this weekend. My stepbrother is having an Oktoberfest at his house for the whole weekend. We'll be drinking heavily all day Saturday and probably well into the night. He's going to have TONS of food and TONS of alcohol.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: < 20 grams
Stats: 235/233/170 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 3%

Oh boy, Jess....you're in trouble oktoberfest!! You'll be able to manage I'm sure!! Sounds like a great time though!!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 08:40

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Bristolian-Great Job! I've gained 15 pounds since I've gotten married!

I weighed in at 155 this morning...my hubby finally put me in my place last night. He told me that he no longer wanted to hear about it unless I was doing something about it....

So, I started thinking about why this was so hard this time around and I am not keeping the "easy" foods around. (The one type of Atkins bar that doesn't stall me, protein shakes in excess, etc.) So I went to the store this morning and stocked up.

It sounds like you are all doing so well. I'm jealous.

But, I think I needed DH to say those things and realize that we are all in charge of our own destiny...if we eat certain ways, we will look certain ways if you know what I mean.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 08:53

BF:

Brie, I had that thought myself a while ago. We have no right to complain about it and whine about it if we aren't doing anything to correct it. We can think about how we want to be and look all we want but until we DO something and be CONSISTANT, we really shouldn't be asking why oh why am I not losing the weight that I WANT to lose?

Anything worth having takes hard work and dedication, and will be all more beautiful when it comes if we've put huge amounts of effort into it.
Closed Thread