Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 11:56
Don't Call Me Sugar

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

Thanks, CarolCA!

Kskline, I think you are right on the money.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 17:39
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dido
If cooking meat causes cancer and disease, then how come the fire making cave men who roasted their meat thrived?

I am not a raw food eater, although I eat lots of fresh produce and salads, and such but I think it is a a bit of a stretch to say that cave men thrived, in general. AFAIK, switching from raw meat to cooked used to be blamed in causing most regenerative diseases due to protein alteration during cooking. But this is just an observation.
Quote:
I've read somewhere that Madonna eats a raw food diet, and I'm not surprised because even though she says she works out alot there are no muscles on her body and her face looks sunken in.

When was last time you saw Madonna, she is very muscular IMHO, and she is on Macrobiotic diet that includes raw vegetables but it is not all raw food diet. Did you see her upper arms? She is a petite women and if she will get too bulky, it won't flatter her a bit. But she does Ashtanga yoga, power Pilates and this takes enormous muscle strengths but won't make one bulky. I wonder if some heavy lifters capable to hold one of the yoga poses... as Madonna does. She had chosen her body over her face, and at her age, you can't have it both, I know it first handed.
She is rather inspiration for all middle age women regardless of her dietary habits IMO.
http://www.madonnalicious.com/site/...reoftheweek.jpg
http://www.reallyworried.com/Worry.aspx?worryId=3800
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...73&in_a_source=
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-07, 03:42

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 203/196/193 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 70%

In my opinion, Madonna looked best around 1993 when she did the "Girlie Show" tour, she was muscular and tight without looking all stringy and dehydrated like she does now. She was all about weights and running back then.

http://www.madonna-online.ch/m-onli...gs-site_038.htm

http://www.madonna-online.ch/m-onli...gs-site_036.htm

http://www.madonna-online.ch/m-onli...gs-site_014.htm
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-07, 05:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

Quote from http://www.fruitarian.com/ao/WhatIsFruitarianism.htm

If you eat cooked foods and in particular flesh of animals, then your body is automatically poisoned and you condemned to develop in yourself a lot of low quality of thoughts, feelings and emotions…and if you want to develop high levels of intellectual, artistic or spiritual life then you will have to go on big "sweat" and maybe pain to conquer your goals…with fruit nutrition, the results of your creation will be brilliant, colorful and enchanting…

Fruitarianism is the highest moral concept of nutrition…and is the biological support for high levels of physical, mental, moral and spiritual well-being….you really are what you eat!

Eating fruit alone, the fruitarian becomes more attractive and beautiful, with better hair, skin, nails, smell and taste in the body…and more pure physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, a special loving creature…he/she is itself a "fruit" of the "magic" power of the earth and the sun…the final result of millions of years of struggle for life to produce a unique specimen…full of intelligence, feelings and emotions for love…and conscience…a beautiful life form…a TRUE human being!

End Quote

This is some bizarre stuff....
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-07, 17:35

Plan: very low fiber
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 67 in.
BF:dont know
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysabella
Anytime someone tells you "Oh, you have to get rid of those toxins that are killing you and giving you cancer," the best response is "Which toxins are those? What do they do? Can you just name three?"

Also bear in mind that a "toxin" is not the same thing as a "poison."

my usual response is *ahem* that's why I have a colon...
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-07, 01:26

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 000/200/000 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaiden9
Quote from http://www.fruitarian.com/ao/WhatIsFruitarianism.htm

If you eat cooked foods and in particular flesh of animals, then your body is automatically poisoned and you condemned to develop in yourself a lot of low quality of thoughts, feelings and emotions…and if you want to develop high levels of intellectual, artistic or spiritual life then you will have to go on big "sweat" and maybe pain to conquer your goals…with fruit nutrition, the results of your creation will be brilliant, colorful and enchanting…

Fruitarianism is the highest moral concept of nutrition…and is the biological support for high levels of physical, mental, moral and spiritual well-being….you really are what you eat!

Eating fruit alone, the fruitarian becomes more attractive and beautiful, with better hair, skin, nails, smell and taste in the body…and more pure physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, a special loving creature…he/she is itself a "fruit" of the "magic" power of the earth and the sun…the final result of millions of years of struggle for life to produce a unique specimen…full of intelligence, feelings and emotions for love…and conscience…a beautiful life form…a TRUE human being!

End Quote

This is some bizarre stuff....

Yeah, what the author meant to say is that he's a ****ing fruitcake

Killing animals is more fun than killing fruit, fruits are boring, they just sit there waiting to be picked and they don't bleed.....not to mention lacking in nutrition.

And not all of us eat cooked flesh, some of us like it warmed to normal body temperature, not cooked.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-07, 10:36
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

There was a part in Good Calories, Bad Calories where mice were put on an all fruit diet. Apparently one day in a mouse's life was equal to three months of a human's. By day three the scientists discovered some mice with missing heads because the other mice had resorted to cannibalism. It took 3 more days for the mice to stop eating each other and to stop dying after they added in additional foods.