Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/180/138
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Goodness, Maryland/DC/VA area is brimming with the non-bread crowd. Goodie!

I'm in College Park and def need regular tips, tricks and traps advice. [Yes, I need to make more time to read the info already posted]

I'm part of a WtWtch group at work just for the weigh-in (otherwise I don't do it at all) but am having difficulty giving up caffeine and alcohol. Seems even the thought of either one is enough to make me "pay" for high protein meals in calories and kick me "out of purple" for several days. Not fair, I tell you.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 12:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 144/134.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey what part of MD? I am looking for a MD buddy, possibly to workout with too. I am in Forestville, not toooo far from DC
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 08:35

Stats: 244/213/200
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi All,

I'm also from Montgomery Co.... Started Atkins last June at 244 and today am at 213.... It is the easiest diet to follow.... Just learn the rules and you can play the game..... [My first girl friend taught me that].....

I read the first Atkins when it came out but didn't think I needed to change myway of living.... Over these years I've taken notice of all that has been written about the program and have had many many overweight friends who have tried all sorts of diets and programs..... After I learned that the fat we eat is not hte fat we wear the Atkins diet became the most sensible.... Then this past June I wound up in the hospital with bleeding ulcers and they weighed me at 244 pounds..... That was the highest ever for me.... I've been on Atkins since....

Once I had been off of sugar for a week---- and I mean totally off sugar---- my appetite had dropped considerably so I'm not eating nearly the quantity of food as previously..... I'm a technical person... so sugar can be simply defined and I can find it where ever it exists.... in Cokes, in catsup, in breads, in prepared foods, etc. etc. My success I'm believing is being able to avoid sugars and enjoying salads, vegetables, cheese and eggs.

ken
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 13:07

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%

Hi...I'm in Maryland as well...Columbia is about halfway between Baltimore and DC (but if you're in MD, you already know that!)

I lost about 60 pounds on WW and now am enjoying LC WOE, but weight is not pouring off, so we'll see what happens.

Nice to know there are other MD people surfing the site!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:52
Registered Member

Stats: 151/142/130
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hi

I am from Maryland also and I am new to this Atkins diet...I am on day 3 and so far so good! If you want a friend I am here Quit smoking 8 months ago and gained 20 lbs so now I am on the diet train Chrissy
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 10:43

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%

Congrats on quitting smoking. In my opinion, it's by far the most important thing a person can do. Gaining weight isn't fun, but breaking nicotine's tremendous hold is something to be proud of. Good luck doing Atkins.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 17:41

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Question Still out there?

Hi, I started Atkins yesterday and found this forum today! Are you Marylanders (and those from surrounding areas) still out there? I could use some buddies nearby for support! This day two has been rough! My body is not very happy right now and so I don't feel so good. At least I don't crave any carbs at this time.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 18:37
Registered Member

BF:
Smile I am here :)

I am on day 13 of Atkins and yesterday when weighed myself i lost 6 pounds The first few days I felt bad but day 3 or 4 I got this great splurge of energy and been feeling great ever since! I have trouble navigating here and finding people so if you want you can email meat-
Dancer_ov_Fate~hotmail.com
I would love some Maryland buddies to support back and forth with this! Chrissy
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Mar-23-02, 09:36

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Chrissy...

Hi, I tried to e-mail you, but it came back. Could you post the address again? Thanks, and I look forward to talking to you!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 17:15

Stats: 220/180/138
BF:
Progress:
Question

Have any of the Maryland/DC/VA lo-carbers checked out any local groups for support other than WW?

I really don't have the time to organize anything, but with my WW~W coming to an end soon, I'd sure like to find another weekly, or every other week place to meet for continued, (well, what can I call it?) Rah Rah sessions.

Maybe the TOPS groups? I haven't gone to one of those in, hmmmmm 20 years? <--- I was a fat infant, you understand.

Anyone else have an idea? I would also love NOT to pay the price of a continued WW session. I'd rather spend the bucks on steak.

I just fear I'll stall out again unless I keep myself on the scale and listening to the advantages of succeeding on the LC WOE. Like fitting into the doggone airplane seats, zipping into my sleeping bag all the way, lower BP, avoiding the look of TERROR on the face of the folks on the Metro next to whom I might have to sit if I can't have an empty seat to myself, etc.

Sabu
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 17:56

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Cool Delaware here

I'm in Delaware.. close to Maryland by about 2 miles!

Driley - Where in Delaware are you? I'm in Newark.

Lisa
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 08:58
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Theresa

Hi ....my email is
Dancer_ov_Fate~hotmail.com
I look forward to hearing from you Chrissy
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 09:00
Registered Member

BF:
Default Theresa

The site puts a line like this~ where a ~ sign should be so when you copy my email change the squiggley ~ to a at sign- like this ~
Chrissy
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 09:01
Registered Member

BF:
Default Theresa

It changed it again....click on my name and go into my profile and get my addy from there! Chrissy
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 15:01

Stats: 285/195/140
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Another Marylander

Hi everyone. I live in Laurel (though don't generally admit it, was told to make sure I said "Anne Arundel County" and work in Baltimore. I'd love to find a group that met and weighed on a regular basis, that'd be great. I'm an ex-WW, too.

We should get together and eat some steak at an Outback!