Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 10:14

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I took the drug xenical for 1 year and lost 80 pounds. That was nice. But 7 months off and I gained 45 of that back....all because that damn pill did all the work for me! I dont want to lose the weight and not be educating myself how to eat correctly. So I am doing low carb and was convinced DONT use the xenical with it! I wont be. Now I am going to do the right thing.
p.s: and it was gross at times that i wanted to just eat things i shouldnt have!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 11:44
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

One blogger suggested it be pronounced like A-lie, which works too.

I just don't see why people would want to block fat. I guess if they were on a lowfat diet. But if they were, why not just eat lowfat, rather than highfat and then take drugs? Doesn't that sort of suggest that the diet was unworkable for them in that case?
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 12:32
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Oh, they won't be eating high fat and taking drugs....
This stuff works like aversion therapy. Definite incentive to eat a very low fat diet.

It supposedly blocks 25% of the fat you eat and sends it straight down the colon. The colon is not used to receiving fat, so if 25% becomes over a certain amount the colon can deal with, the "uncontrollable grease blasts" from the hind end results.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 18:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizKitty
Oh, they won't be eating high fat and taking drugs....
This stuff works like aversion therapy. Definite incentive to eat a very low fat diet.

It supposedly blocks 25% of the fat you eat and sends it straight down the colon. The colon is not used to receiving fat, so if 25% becomes over a certain amount the colon can deal with, the "uncontrollable grease blasts" from the hind end results.

hmm. I guess the adult diaper section is going to be half empty as well soon. I think I'll glance in that direction for a laugh next time I'm at walmart.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 19:27
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I wonder if Depends and Alli have the same parent company? lol
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 19:28
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

I see a funny cartoon in my head of a spoof amazon.com page which offers the TWO of them for a special discount... :-)
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 09:31
Registered Member

Stats: 185/180/165
BF:
Progress: 25%

#23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 16:02

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 136/118/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc
Funny video about Alli on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n5rnMbwQb4

That was the greatest! I just die laughing everytime I watch it!!!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 10:00

Stats: 220/189/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 62%

oily leakage? from the BUM?

OH MY GOSH!

That's so gross.

Underwear and stain remover sales are going to SKYROCKET!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 08:42

Plan: <50 carbs per day
Stats: 202/191/145 Female 5'4"
BF:going down
Progress: 19%

I've been taking Alli for a week tomorrow. No side effects, definitely helps me to remember to eat lower fat and I am down 4 lbs since Jun 18th.
I also added 2 doses of sugar free Metamucil, one AM and one PM.
I tend to be constipated on LC so this is working out great for me and since I do the lower fat end of LC anyway, I am doing well.
I don't ever expect to get "off" of LC - just add a few things here or there to stop the loss when I get to where I want to be with weight, cholesterol, exercise and food/nutrient balance.

So far I am happy with Alli. Let you know if anything changes.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:00

Plan: <50 carbs per day
Stats: 202/191/145 Female 5'4"
BF:going down
Progress: 19%
Default a

I have been sucessfully taking Alli in the manner stated in the literature for one week (one capsule taken with a meal containing no more than 15 grams of fat.) I may do 20 grms occassionally but mostly 15.

I've not had any negative side effects, I've increased weight loss to about 3-4 lbs this week (guestimate), I am choosing LF AND LC foods, and am in mild ketosis.

I walk a minimum of 2 miles per day.

I've decided to do this for one month, see how it goes and if it gets me over my 190 lb set point. In the past this was always my stopping point. I couldn't seem to get any lower.

After that if I want to I may do it again in an educated and controlled way.

I don't ever expect to completely stop eating LC. I know that I will always have to be vigilant because of the way my eating habits used to be and how my body/brain reacts to simple carbs.

Best,

Last edited by faydunaway : Tue, Jun-26-07 at 09:01. Reason: spelling
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:10

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

What is so strange is when you think about all these "diet pills" they all say you must follow a low fat diet and exercise plan while taking them - well if a large person suddenly follows that wouldn't they already loose some weight??

And this pill also has the punishing affect if you eat too much fat - leakage - so you wouldn't dare eat fat while taking this pill - kinda like that drug that makes alcoholics sick if they take a drink.

I don't know but it's just sad that people will take this pill which is very expensive and have to restrict once again their diet - instead of just simply cutting out white flour & sugars.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:16

Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faydunaway
I have been sucessfully taking Alli in the manner stated in the literature for one week (one capsule taken with a meal containing no more than 15 grams of fat.) I may do 20 grms occassionally but mostly 15.

I've not had any negative side effects, I've increased weight loss to about 3-4 lbs this week (guestimate), I am choosing LF AND LC foods, and am in mild ketosis.

I've decided to do this for one month, see how it goes and if it gets me over my 190 lb set point. In the past this was always my stopping point. I couldn't seem to get any lower.

I don't ever expect to completely stop eating LC. I know that I will always have to be vigilant because of the way my eating habits used to be and how my body/brain reacts to simple carbs.

Best,

Thanks for chiming in. Please let us know how it goes.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 09:42

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faydunaway

Best,

Glad you found something you can stick with -- I need to eat fat to keep me full --so I know that this pill would not sit well (ha ha) with me.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 02:08

Stats: 169/142/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:37%/24%/22%
Progress: 69%

I picked up the literature they have next to the display and decided to research it a little before I decided to jump in. I have tried low carb several times and can't seem to keep the weight off no matter how hard I try once I hit manitenance. I refuse to stay in Induction the rest of my life. I wanted to possibly try something a little different.
To me it just means I have to answer to something. Having a true consequence keeps me honest and I don't dare cheat because there is a real consequence, not just me feeling bad emotionally the next day. I can tell you though one accident is all it will ever take to make sure I get on the plan. Some people need this accountability to get over the first few months.
I plan to use it one month and see how it goes. I am curious to see if it "re-trains" my brain to finally realize some things just don't belong in my diet. I can tell you now I plan to never shit my pants ! I guess if you try and cheat the system it comes back and bites you in the ass, literally!
I will continue to research it and plan to make a decision by Monday.