Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-20-07, 12:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%
Post Lemon or Lime Soda for those who hate artificial Sweetners

I made this when I got tired of not being able to drink diet drinks. You see, I can't stand how much sweetner they put in all them. I tried watering them down, but eventually I end up with mostly water. So, here is a recipe for a Lemon or Lime Soda with you in control of the sweetness. It should be induction approved coming in with .5 to 2 carbs depending on the sweetner used and how lemony you want your drink.

1 8oz bottle of Club Soda or simililar (0 carbs) ~ If you use tonic water it will have more carbs
1-2 packets True Lemon or True Lime (found in Walmart next to sweetners) (.5-1 carbs)
1/2-1 packet Stevia (carbs depend on brand)

Stevia can be substituted with your favorite artificial sweetner. I have a brand that has zero carbs so I use it.

The completed drink almost tastes like Sprite or 7-up. I'm not sure how to make one taste like a coca-cola, but I welcome any ideas.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 21:15
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

Amberview that sounds good. I make one with mineral water and a lemon or lime wedge (will have to try a mix) One lemon wedge is .5 carbs. It's a healthy drink since real lemons help you to detox.
Quote:
It should be induction approved coming in with .5 to 2 carbs depending on the sweetner used and how lemony you want your drink.
Induction is suppose to be without any artificial sweetener so that you can get over your cravings for carbs (sweet things). Also some people have an insulin release with artificial sweeteners so for them they would never get the benefit of Induction if they use AS.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 21:21

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandra
Induction is suppose to be without any artificial sweetener so that you can get over your cravings for carbs (sweet things).

I guess Induction for me just helped me lose 15 pounds.. Everyday is still a struggle to eat sweets! Whether artificially sweetened or not! In fact, today I ate 8-10 Life Saver Wintogreen mints Oh well, at least for the MOST part, I'm good on the sweet stuff