Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 04:43

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

I threw a few fiberous clots of tissue this 4th. No real bleeding, no cramping, just more brown smudges. Has me worried this time so I called the doc on call. She said that the office will contact me today and get me in to have an U.S. to see if everything is ok in there.

I am a wreck.

If anyone sees this in the morning, wish me luck.
Any payers would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 07:46
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I threw a few fiberous clots of tissue this 4th. No real bleeding, no cramping, just more brown smudges. Has me worried this time so I called the doc on call. She said that the office will contact me today and get me in to have an U.S. to see if everything is ok in there.

I am a wreck.

If anyone sees this in the morning, wish me luck.
Any payers would be appreciated.

Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. Good luck. Let us know the results, ok?
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 08:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/136/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Kristie- will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Jul-05-07, 11:16

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

"I can't believe how much of a screw-up I feel like. Has anyone ever felt that? My relationship with food has changed drastically too. It's ironic that since getting so sick from junk food, now all I can stomach are higher carb things. Of course I'm trying not to be inappropriate but my first priority is to try to get things in me that will digest well and STAY in, including my vites (which I've managed to take every day)."

I starved during my second pregnancy (lost 10 pounds in one week and 30 pounds total). I ate a lot of junk. At that point, every calorie is a good calorie, even if it is a Twinkie calorie.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-07, 01:19

BF:

I had my US in the afternoon on the 5th. I was very nervous. I had a couple more nickle sized tissue/clots that morning. I was so worried. My little boy (7.5yrs) kept telling EVERYONE in the WORLD that he was going to be a big brother on the 4th (big family gathering) I was worried about how I was going to tell everyone the bad news expcting the worst. You would too if you were having chunks of tissue like that coming out of you........
How heartbreaking an awkward that would be.

My husband and my son came with me. Last minute appt=no sitter.
I had drank my 32oz H2O, and am on the table. My husbabd and my son take their places. Squirt of some jelly, and some moving around till a picture comes into view.

There's the baby! The baby is jumping around like a little firecracker! My son starts laughing uncontrolably, then I start laughing at him. Then the US tech starts laughing. My son stops, I stop, then she zooms back in, then my son starts giggling again. Then I start and the tech looses view and she starts laughing. This goes on. Finally my husband puts down the law with our son, and tells the monitor tech to stop too

She zooms back in and the baby is SUCKING IT'S THUMB! OMG how cute is that!

After all the measurments are done:

Baby is 10weeks, one day old (exactly as I thought). (due date 1/31/08)
Perfectly normal!
Heart beat 166bpm (normal)
Palcenta is in a good spot
Unbilical cord with great blood flow
Nice and ACTIVE.
Cervix is closed.
What a reilief...............

The US tech could not figure out where the tissue was coming from, but she said that the baby appears to be in NO danger, and doing very well.

So there is my update for you all. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts.
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-07, 08:22

BF:

That's wonderful!! Congratulations!
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-07, 16:38
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Oh Kristie!! I'm so absolutely and utterly THRILLED for your news. The thumb-sucking thing just blew me away. I so seriously can't wait to see something like that myself (I have to wait until 20 weeks for my next u/s so I've got a ways to go yet).

Mostly I'm just so relieved and happy that you found out all was well. I'm positively beaming for you! Congrats!!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 16:27

BF:

Ok, so I have to ask.....

What is it about the first trimester that makes it soooo hard to eat decent healthy food? Food that you enjoy and have been eating for years? It is as if all common sense flys out the window.

I have got to cut this crap off........
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 19:50
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Ok, so I have to ask.....

What is it about the first trimester that makes it soooo hard to eat decent healthy food? Food that you enjoy and have been eating for years? It is as if all common sense flys out the window.

I have got to cut this crap off........

OMG isn't that seriously the truth? I was pissed because for years now I've eaten really well with only an occasional treat...my body not quite a temple, but a nice park for meditation. (hahaha I crack myself up). But now, when it's MOST important, I'm the sugar craving freakin MONSTER? Wassup with that? Ugh. I've had to fight cravings (which are probably self-perpetuated by giving in and having carbs) more than usual and it's been insanely difficult. And you know it was never about the "I'm pregnant, let's go crazy and eat for two" philosophy. I know better! But for some reason the "oh let me just have this one thing" is my downfall. Oof.

Hang in there and just keep eating well. I've noticed the minute I do, my weight spikes calm down and I go back to a normal...slow gain like I'm supposed to...

BTW, my DH's Aunt noticed my tummy today. I guess I'm officially "showing" to some extent. Then again, she's a nurse, so she's looking for it. But still, I guess I have to accept I'm starting to look...well, I guess FAT for now LOL and hopefully pregnant sometime soon. <smirk>
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 07:32

BF:

Quote:

I don't know, but it SUCKS!!! Those first three months, I completely lost my taste for almost everything I love. I've gotten most of it back, but like Lisa said, I'm now struggling with cravings that are self-perpetuated, going back to a month ago when I seriously COULDN'T eat anything else.

I will say though, it has been getting better. And at least it's nice to know you're not alone.

I still can't eat yogurt, which was one of my favorite things before-at the very beginning of this pregnancy I had it for lunch every day and loved it, then all of a sudden it made me want to . I still can't stand the thought of eating it, even though I want to. Weird.
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 08:55

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 302/292/200 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Introductions & Congratulations

I am 11 weeks pregnant, and I am due 1/26/2008. Today I decided to start posting on this thread (I have been lurking). I also decided to delete my journal as I want to start a new fresh journal when I am fully LC. This is my first pregnancy, and I am doing pretty well. Considering that I gain weight just looking at food, It is nice that I haven't gained anything so far. I actually lost 3 pounds. (Prepregnancy I was off LC and gaining.) I have been walking everyday, and I am trying to keep my weight gain low. Hopefully, I can do this by incorporating low carb.

I want to congratulate everyone on their pregnancies. This has been the most exciting time in my life. It still amazes me that we can really generate and nuture life. I am so happy, nervous, and tired.

Bandito- I am glad that your US went well, and everything seems to be ok. I will go for my next US on Thursday.

-Jessica
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 09:33
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Jessica, welcome and congrats!!! I was so excited to see you post and really glad you aren't lurking anymore. We're so happy to have you join us. Your due date isn't far behind mine (I just started week 14 and my EDD is about 1/9/2008). Congrats on getting HEALTHIER while pregnant (versus me who has been struggling sometimes). I really am trying stay active (which I do by default with the life I lead as a photographer/business owner, Mom to my mother, and homemaker).

This is my first too and I've been in a similar state of mind...sort of stunned and amazed and feeling totally blessed (in between life chaos, heh). I'll enjoy sharing this experience with you and we'll be excited for an update on your US next Thursday!!
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 09:36

BF:

Congratulations Jessica!!
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 14:27

BF:

Welcome to the thread Jessica! You are going to be amazed when you go in for your first US.
Seems like we are developing a nice little group here. I am sure this little group will continue to grow as well. This is so nice to have other pregnant lc peeps around.

On a side note, I thought I would update you all on my latest goings on. I am bleeding. Off and on bright red blood. I get a "pinch" in my cervix then a trickle, then it stops (partially soaked 5 pantiliners in 12 hours). My doc thinks I have a friable cervix. Will know for sure on the 17th. The chance that I will miscarry is very low. She said it could also be that since the placenta is a bit low it could be bleeding a little. Not on the cervix, just right next to it (still an OK spot). They also say that as I grow, the placenta will move away. Pretty common I guess. Could be that too, but still VERY low risk this point.

I am feeling pretty good, and am not super worried. Just somthing unnatural about being pregnant and occasionaly seeing bright red blood. It just sucks.

Last edited by Bandito : Tue, Jul-10-07 at 14:37.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 15:26
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Oh Kristie, I can barely imagine how worrisome it is to be pregnant and seeing blood! But what a relief for you to have been told you are LOW risk and that this is just something that is happening. *phew* Glad you're feeling so good!

I just started week 14 and feel pretty "normal" so to speak. I'm still keeping a very hectic schedule but I'm managing to keep up, so I'm happy about that. I'm waiting for the supposed surge of energy the second trimester brings but right now it's so HOT here (and we NYers aren't used to that, heh) that I'm still going at a slower pace than I'd like to be. But as long as I keep moving and keep feeling good, I can't complain. I'm still having "treats" but trying to keep it limited and I'm really "pushing" (on myself) good meats and fats and trying to make good LC choices available at every turn. We're about to head to a friends campsite on Lake George (on an island) so I'll be packing a good LC cooler with hard cooked eggs, cheese, leftover burgers and chicken just to always have good snacks around.

If I don't get to post again (I'll be around tomorrow but super busy) then have a great weekend everyone!