Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-07, 01:21
TeaQueen

Plan: My own verson of Atkins
Stats: 311/294/120 Female 5' 1
BF:
Progress: 9%

I think it is tasty too. But there are way to many variables in what I eat/supplements to pin point that this is exactly what is making me lose weight. If I can lose without it, that is good too. One less thing to take.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-07, 13:17

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I had no idea how good CO is. Thanks! Now I'll have to see if my health food store has it.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-07, 13:39
Registered Member

Plan: modified low carb
Stats: 204/182/150 Female 62 inches
BF:37/33/28
Progress: 41%

Going back on co for the winter- it helps my skin and hair-also looking for some good ways to use it beside the obvious ways in coffee or bark. You recipes are always appreciated here!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-07, 14:24
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 315/234/190 Female 5'8"
BF:Quite
Progress: 65%

So intriguing. So how much of this does one eat per day to lose inches and get the full effect?
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-07, 08:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233.4/218.2/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

I was in the dr's office yesterday and looking through "dog fancy" magazine. And low and behold there was an article about feeding CO to your little buddy. This article was telling about all the great effects the CO had on dogs. Helping with different physical problems and skin irritations. It said to just put tsp/tb (depending of dog size of course) in the dog food and for most dogs, they don't know it. It did mention that it was a little pricey for a dog supplement, but for some, they may not mind the $$.

So that got me thinking. We're told how horrible CO is for us. Just looking it will drop ya dead from heart disease. But yet, the vet world is saying hey it's not so bad. And dogs aren't dropping dead from it. Not saying we're like dogs, but ........

I like CO in my coffee. I find I eat a lot less during the day compared to when I don't have it (usually b/c I've run out and haven't made it to the health food store). I do feel "energized" when I drink it. Haven't noticed any significant weight loss/inches lost. but that's just me.

ok off to get me some kibble
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 18:14
Registered Member

Stats: 283/275/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 6%

ok, i have a stupid question...i get how you put the cheap stuff on hands and elbows..but..faces? doesn't that make your face greasy? cause breakouts?
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 20:36

Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I must be missing something but I can't find coconut oil in my Wal-mart-what part of the store would it be in? The people in the store I have asked doesn't even have a clue of what it is, and I am still not too sure, but would like to try it.
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 21:11

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I found mine in the grocery section, with the cooking oils etc.. its LouAna brand.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 21:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray_girl
ok, i have a stupid question...i get how you put the cheap stuff on hands and elbows..but..faces? doesn't that make your face greasy? cause breakouts?

Real coconut oil isn't cheap.

In my experience putting it on my face has been amazing. Pimples have almost disappeared. My TOM is usually responsible for a breakout but since I've been applying CO it's almost non-existent. My friend told me my skin was glowing which was a positive confirmation to keep going.
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 21:45
Registered Member

Plan: my low carb plan
Stats: 343/241/199 Female 000
BF:1st goal-lose 100
Progress: 71%

I tried the coconut oil and it didn't do anything for me.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 05:16
Registered Member

BF:

mermaiden,
thanks for the info! another question..do you use it at night *on your face, i mean* or in the morning before makeup?
i've got some organic virgin oil ordered, but i had bought the louann brand at wal mart before i knew there was a difference
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 14:54

Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

No worries xray girl... I use it in the morning straight after my shower. I don't use foundation just eye makeup and a bit of lippy.
I would use it at night but I'm slack and don't have a decent night routine. I'm sure it would be an excellent habit to get into.

When you put it on, use a little and rub it in as best you can. You may find yourself slightly greasy for a short time but it tends to be absorbed quite well. I just gently rub in any areas that haven't absorbed when I'm ready to go.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 21:09
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some
Progress: 0%

I finally found CO in my grocery store (No Frills, for you Canadians!) and had some yesterday and today in my coffee. It looks pretty gross, like an oil slick on my coffee, but I just keep stirring before I drink

It has **no** coconut flavour at all. I can't stand coconut, but figured the pros outweighed the cons on this one...and was pleasantly surprised to find no con! I even tried the littlest bit straight from the spoon...there's no flavour at all...it was like eating candle wax.

Now, I wait for some results! How long did it take to see a difference? lol
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-07, 06:51
Registered Member

Stats: 516/478/185 Male 5'11'
BF:
Progress: 11%
Thumbs up

Been using CO for a little over two weeks now and it is working for me.
It is a little too early to say how much impact it has on weight loss, but I definately noticed I have more energy and am eating much smaller portions at meal times.

I have been adding a Tbsp of CO to hot coffee or tea 2-3 times a day between meals. Coffee/CO is especially good in the morning just before working out. I plan to increase the daily amount of CO gradually to see what effect it has.
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-07, 20:44
Registered Member

BF:

i thought this was digusting when i read it, but OMG it's good..just eating it straight with a little splenda sprinkled on top is yummy! like a mounds!
i'd rather eat it off the spoon than put it in tea or cook with it..definately better than the bark even.