Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 20:38
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Okay, so I read this thread, and the other thread, and about three other links, and then ordered the Nutiva (or whatever) from Netrition. We shall see. Inches flying off sounds good to me. I'm losing weight but my tape measure isn't going in--how is that possible? I figure if I drop all my weight and none of my girth I will eventually be a balloon and float away . . . .
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 21:42

Plan: Knocked up
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 173%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
I figure if I drop all my weight and none of my girth I will eventually be a balloon and float away . . . .

#18   ^
Old Wed, May-16-07, 21:01
Monday came.

Okay, mine came, and I'm afraid to try eating it--I don't want to jiggle my elbow, so to speak, when it comes to weight loss. However, I used some on my dry, scratchy feet, and they turned into baby toesies in a New York minute~ I could not believe it. I had actually chunks of dry skin just come rolling off. Sweet pinkies, how cool is that?

Now to just get the nerve up to ingest it. What happened to that chocolate bark recipe?
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-16-07, 21:09
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

The www.tropicaltraditions.com website has a lot of coconut stuff that is pure (not like the stuff you get in walmart).

The smell of everything coconut -- the coconut flour, for example -- is so heavenly that I feel my entire body react in joy to it!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-16-07, 21:24
Registered Member

Plan: modified low carb
Stats: 204/182/150 Female 62 inches
BF:37/33/28
Progress: 41%

I can't believe this isn't pushed more as a health aid-from what I've read in these threads, this sounds almost too good to be true-however, I'm going to give it a try as well!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-17-07, 11:09
Monday came.

I ordered mine through Netrition from Netiva--I'm completely mail-order dependent---and they say they process w/in two hours of harvest--seems like pretty good stuff.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, May-18-07, 00:33

BF:
Default Omg!!!

Ok so its been a few weeks now...OMG!! My HAIR (which, btw is both permed and color treated), My SKIN, The INCHES!!! I measured tonight.....Its been about two weeks since the last time I measured. I am 18" gone!!! I can feel it in all my clothes. I am not ready to go down a size but neither do my stretch pants look like they were painted on. Where previously some of my pants were 'flood pants' because they were so stretched from side to side I am now stepping on the hems. COOL!! I can SEE it in the mirror in my mid section and most definately in my thighs and calves. I can't really see my ass but I am hoping!!!! LOL

I'll measure again in another two weeks. We'll see if this was just a fluke or if I can't read a measure tape. But I see it and feel it so I think we are ok. LOL

I'd say try it for the benefits to hair and skin alone!

I also just got my body brush in the mail today. Wooohooo!! Its quite invigorating! It's SUPPOSED to help with cellulite and skin shrinkage because you brush from toe to head encouraging circulation. I read about it on another thread somewhere. Its like a little spa treatment, so even if it doesn't work, I still feel good for doing it!

Tonights a good night, I wish I could hug you all!! Thanks for always, and I mean ALWAYS being here.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, May-18-07, 07:41

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/158.6/145 Female 5'6"
BF:Follows Behind Me!
Progress: 81%
Default Coconut Oil Rocks!

Hey, I know what you mean. I just started my 3rd jar of CO and my dry, bleached, over-processed hair is actually shiny and behaving. I'm not sure how much I should be ingesting, however. I'm now addicted to it, so am enjoying 4 cups of hot tea each day with CO. It makes me so hyper that I almost have to stand up and run in place at my desk! Anyway, if anyone knows how much I should use each day for my weight, please let me know.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, May-18-07, 07:54

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penweary
I'm gonna try and add some cream cheese to my batch and see if I can get something rather fudgy. IDK. Will get back to you all.

Penweary, did you try this? I've been using CO in my chocolate bark, but hadn't tried to make it more fudge like. Sounds good!

By the way, I recommend storing CO in the fridge. I was keeping mine in the kitchen cabinet... The other day, I didn't realize the house was quite as warm as it was. I pulled the jar out of the cabinet, expecting it to be solid so wasn't being careful as I opened it. You got it - I had melted CO all over the stove top. What a mess to clean up. Needless to say, it's now stored in the fridge.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-18-07, 09:19

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 330/252/150 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%

Bought mine yesterday. I hope it does all it claims!
I enjoy the taste..cant wait to try it in coffee. I made eggs with it...I used SF maple syrup to make it like a pancake. Yummy.

I found some vanilla flavored splenda to make the candies with. I hope they turn out ok.

I hope we all do well with this
  #26   ^
Old Fri, May-18-07, 12:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
Penweary, did you try this? I've been using CO in my chocolate bark, but hadn't tried to make it more fudge like. Sounds good!

By the way, I recommend storing CO in the fridge. I was keeping mine in the kitchen cabinet... The other day, I didn't realize the house was quite as warm as it was. I pulled the jar out of the cabinet, expecting it to be solid so wasn't being careful as I opened it. You got it - I had melted CO all over the stove top. What a mess to clean up. Needless to say, it's now stored in the fridge.

Not yet. I DID make the bark with the 4 squares of Lindt chocolate, 4 Tbsp of CO, 2 Tbsp of cream. First, It made 8 dilectable candies, I used those tiny foil mini muffin tins, so it was about 1/2 Tbsp of CO per candy but a full carb because of the chocolate having some sugar. I want to try it with the unsweetened bakers chocolate and the liquid splenda but I am out and I can't find it anywhere. The last stuff I ordered was from Canada and I can't remember who it was from. Ugh! Anyway, I need more CO for less carb. The unsweetened chocolate is definately where it is at. I am off work this weekend. I will try these again on Saturday with the cream cheese and let you all know.

Second, OMG!!! It was SOOOOO good. I was considering putting a few on the floor so I could roll around in them. ROFL! j/k

But seriously, WOW! I gave one to my sister who is not low carbing and she said its like the inside of a truffle. It IS! I LOVE CO!!!

Othercher2 - I think you are doing great where you are at. I believe its 3Tbsp for about your weight but that is only because I read that at 220 you should have 4Tbsp. Looks like you are already there.

Lucid - Trust me! You will be very happy!

Life on Atkins =

life on Atkins w/ CO =
  #27   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 10:00

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 330/252/150 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%

I made the french vanilla "bark" stuff. Its good..I can eat that.
I like cooking with it...have added it to chicken with indian spices and eggs.

Just had it with tea ... Nasty. I wont be doing that again.

Just tried some on my face...although I am leary about this to be honest. Scared it will make me break out worse than I already do.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 15:22
Monday came.

I tried it, and my weight bounced back up a few pounds. I may give it a cautious whirl.

BTW, I made the bark, and then dumped in some cream cheese. It got all glumpy and lumpy, so I nuked it for a little bit, and stirred it, and it turned into this very delish fudgy-soft--turkish-taffy thing. No energy burst, no inches lost. Do you think I should try it more than one day? lol

I can eat this, I'm just afraid of gaining with it. However, my feet are looking the best they've looked in years! (topical application)
  #29   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 15:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
I tried it, and my weight bounced back up a few pounds. I may give it a cautious whirl.

BTW, I made the bark, and then dumped in some cream cheese. It got all glumpy and lumpy, so I nuked it for a little bit, and stirred it, and it turned into this very delish fudgy-soft--turkish-taffy thing. No energy burst, no inches lost. Do you think I should try it more than one day? lol

I can eat this, I'm just afraid of gaining with it. However, my feet are looking the best they've looked in years! (topical application)

Yup, lol, I'd give it a few more days. It could be any kind of fluke that cause the upswing on the scale. I personally like to curse the little spring inside.

Thanks for getting to the cream cheese stuff. I KNEW it was gonna be fudgy. I am just enjoying my only weekend off until about July. When I do try my own though be sure I will post it.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 15:57
Monday came.

Nah, I don't think it was the spring. I've gotten so tuned in to my bod's ups and downs I can just about predict my a.m. weight, and I had that yucky little layer under the skin feeling that accompanies a gain.

So I pulled what was left in the frig out and am nibbling it. I guess whatever's left over I could rub on my tootsies?