Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-09, 15:41

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 150/115/110 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallie
Hey

I'm from Louisiana too. Hammond, LA. It's nice to meet ya'll. I tell ya, it's hard to eat right down here with all the good food we are used to eating. But I know we can do it (and maybe be able to have a taste of our cuisine from time to time )

Happy low carbing...
Sallie

Hi Sallie,
I'm just a 20 minute drive from you, I get my hair cut in Hammond.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-09, 06:14

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

Allo mes amis!! como se va!! I'm in Beaumont Tx,now but was born in Orange and my mothers side was from Vinton La,so as Cajun's like to say"I came in thru the backdoor yea!"LOL love me some good cajun music ..was taught how to waltz when I was 4 ,and when I hear a good cajun band play I think of my childhood...A cpl of recipes you can try is take some flounder or redfish lay it on a large piece of alm foil,season both sides with some Tony Chacheres'and some lemon fold it up to make a packet and bake at 350 for 20 min..also take a half stick of butter and 1/4 cup of olive oil heat in a skillet add plenty of minced garlic and Tabasco,some green onion and parsley toss in your shrimp(shelled or not)I just use the packages of frozen cooked shrimp from walmart they're only 4.99$ a Lb...Bon Appetit !!!
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-09, 06:59

BF:

Thomas, I didn't know that other people cooked differently from us until I started to travel, luckily I never had to use frozen seafood. Good to have you on the forum.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-09, 08:40

Plan: atkins/sbd
Stats: 152/143.6/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:24/24/18
Progress: 26%

Nice to meet you, Equistar. Delta Downs sounds like fun. We're originally from NY State and my mother-in-law who is 86 now loves going to the FingerLakes Races. We used to take her on her birthday every year so when she visits us next year we'll have to take her to Delta. How long have your been training horses and most importantly, how long did it take you to go from 150 to 110? That's my goal but havent gotten that far.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-09, 12:41

BF:

We've been training for almost ten years now and enjoy it, it definitely has it's ups and downs but I guess everything does.

2002 I was probably my heaviest and started exercising and cutting out sugar and pasta and got down to 130 but stayed there for what seemed forever. I bought DANDR and started to loosely use that as a guide. Stalled at 120 so I got on the internet and found Linda Sue's recipes and this site, started eating just meat and veggies found the 'other' forum and dropped veggies and here I am today. Early September is when I got serious with ZC and now I go as low as 112 if I don't eat out (salt in food) and have lost cravings for my once very much loved spinach, greens, broccoli and others. I have also lost my desire to have processed meats such as ham, sausage, bacon and even cheese, I did not force this on myself it just happened. I will eat eggs, bacon, cheese, etc if I'm out and can get nothing else but I don't keep it at home. I don't know what to say except as Pilot Gal says ZC is magic. Best of luck to you.

Edit: I do not exercise anymore except for the occasional walk with my DH, it seemed to help me lose weight when I was eating carbs but now that I'm not doing either I'm maintaining quite well.

Last edited by equistar : Mon, Dec-14-09 at 16:02.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-09, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/165/150 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress: 40%

Eating out in Louisiana is heaven on earth!! Rock on our "Saints".