Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 21:34

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Congrats

Hey DW Congratulations.....

You are truely an inspiration and a I love reading your posts. I am here dancing with you.

Dee
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 12:26

BF:
Default Sunshines moments

Ok, like I have had like 3 sunshine moments this weekend...

1. At work on Friday, we had a meeting and I left my ID badge in my work station. So I "jogged" all the way to my cube got my badge and jogged back. I didn't realize what I had just done, until a friend mentioned it. I haven't been able to jog more than 3 steps in longer than I can remember.

2. I visited my cousin in KC this weekend. She drives one of those monster type trucks. The ones that are really high in the air. Last time I rode in her truck she had to pull it next to the porch for me to climb in. This weekend I was able to get in without any help!!!! Her and her husband cheered me on. Isn't life great.

3. Today I took my measurements, another 1/2 inch off the hips. The scale shows I lost 5, count them 5 pounds last week.

Dancin' dancin' WOW!

Dee
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb plan
Stats: 350/323/249 Female 5'10"
BF:50
Progress: 27%

Yey, Dee!
Dee! Dee! Dee!
your loss exemplifys my reason for wanting to loose weight , to be
able to fit into my world , do what I want , and act like I feel ,
because I can

Keep up the good work!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 18:10

BF:
Default Thanks

Thanks Julie...

I feel on top of the world...may I continue to be a "loser" <g>

Dee
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/211/140
BF:
Progress: 26%

Congratualations Donald. Isn't it an amazing feeling to be proud of yourself for something again? Keep up the good work.

Lisa
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 00:33
Registered Member

Stats: 321/314/175
BF:
Progress: 5%
Wink

Great thread! Very inspirational!

It is important to celebrate the little things along the way. They all add up to big things!

I would have to say that my sunshine moment was staying on track with my water and realizing that after 2 weeks I haven't felt hungry!

I'm less winded and have started taking the stairs instead of the elevator!

It doesn't hurt to put my socks on (from the bending over).

Have a great day everyone!

Shelly
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 03:28

Stats: 320/270/180 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 36%

My sunshine moment was a week ago getting on a plane and finding that I could actually do up the seat belt and pull it in several inches.... A few months back it was incredibly hard to even get it to do up stretched to its absolute limit. I still remember the embarassment of being asked once by a hostess in a very loud voice if I wanted an "extension belt"...

Maz
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 06:44

BF:
Cool Oh yes...

SL and Marion:

Yes, I remember those as well. I can remember tugging my foot to my knee just to put socks on, and being out of breath just to put the darn things on. It wasn't till you mentioned it that I realized I no longer do that.

It's been a year since I have flown and I know the next time I won't have the embarassment I had the last time. I hate it when people watch waiting for the plane. You know they are hoping that you don't sit next to them because of the space you occupy. When I loose 100 pounds I am treating myself to a weekend in Vegas. Flying will be fun again.

Thanks for inspiration.

Dee
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 09:15

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:

You are all doing so well! I have to say that I can get my socks on much easier now as well. The little things really make you smile, don't they.

I have a sunshine moment. This weekend while we were moving an elderly friend's apartment...I went up and down the stairs numerous times and never felt overly exhausted or that I couldn't make it up. I was getting my exercise and enjoying it. That is amazing. I feel so much better than 6 months ago. I'm not sure that I could have done the move in the condition I was in before this WOL.

Keep it up people!!! We can all do this! Victoria
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 09:24

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Socks and such...

I have to jump in on this thread...

Indeed, putting my socks on is much easier! I also don't sweat after showering while I'm dressing for work, my belt doesn't hurt my stomach, I get in and out of the car easier and I'm continually finding things to do around the house to keep myself off of the couch. I have energy to burn!

My sunshine moments today: weighing in and realizing that I'm down 31lbs and editing my profile accordingly.

I'm proud of myself today.

Continued good health and success to us all!

Donald
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: Hi-Energy
Stats: 372/319/180
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Socks and slip-on shoes

DW, If you keep losing at this rate, it won't be long before your friends will have to look twice to see you. Congratulations on the new weight post.

I too struggled with socks and such. To put socks on, I would stand on one foot, and forcefully throw the other foot up and catch my ankle in my hands on the upward thrust. Now, with ankle in hand, I would pull, tug, and writhe to get my foot high enough to get my sock started over my foot, all the while gasping for breath, and grimacing in pain. Then I would repeat with the other foot.

Upon buying a new pair of tennis shoes, I would tie them (while they were off my feet of course) loose enough to make them slip-ons, because it was too much of a chore to try to tie them while they were on my feet.

I have lost over 50 pounds now, and these chores are getting much easier, thank God. What a nightmare. Out state just enacted a seatbelt law, and until recently, I was too big to wear it. I just knew I was gonna get a ticket for being Fat!

When I went fishing, I would have to literally "roll" in and out of the boat, like a giant manatee. Getting around the boat is getting much easier now.

My clothes are getting looser, my socks are getting easier, and I am getting happier.

Y'all take care.

Gator

#42   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 11:47
Registered Member

BF:

My Sunshine moment today was reading through all of your posts! Very inspiring group! Congrats to DW! You should be proud!

Also congrats to all for all of the sunshine moments mentioned here.

Today I thought about going to the Y and it sounded like fun...not torture, believe me...that is a BIG sunshine moment.

And my five year old son told me I was his special girl before I left for work……love that! Starts the day out right! At least someone still thinks of me as a girl….even if he is 5!

Last week when I went with my quartet to a coaching practice, I was able to buckle the seatbelt without help. Usually this is a problem, so I was glad that I could do it by myself…it is always soooo embarrassing!

Also, my quartet just sang in our Sweet Adelines big yearly show. We bought our dresses about 8 months ago. I could barely squeeze into it, and there was no way I could sit in it. (It’s beaded and kind of a straight cut). The other three looked great (as usual) and theirs did not fit so snugly. So I kind of stood out (big surprise). We actually bought them for this years competition, so no one had seen us in them yet (until the show). Well, when I put the dress on, it slid right over my hips. No hang up and tug down like usual. I was very happy. And best of all, when I stood with the other three, I didn’t stand out because my dress was way too tight, and theirs were loose! As a matter of fact, we got tons of compliments about how the dresses flattered all of us. Now, I’m not fooling myself here, I know I’m several sizes bigger than they are, it is just that I did feel good in the dress, and that helps your performance! I hope to be down another 10 pounds before April 26 (that is competition) because it would be just perfect then. I realize that the first time I put the dress on I weighed around 350. I now weigh 314….36 lbs does make a difference!

BIG SUNSHINE MOMENT!!!!!

Shelly
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:58

BF:
Default Been there

Oh Shelly:

I have been there girl. I square dance and all my dresses are still too small. However I hope to be back in them before the end of this season.

I bet you all just looked terrific. You should take a picture and post it so we can see. Keep up the great work.

Dee

#44   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 08:45

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:

Alright Shelly! I bet that felt good to have the dress flow over you instead of having to tug at it. I had a similiar experience this past September. I had bought a beautiful dress for my daughter's wedding the year before. It had to be a size 28 to get it over my hips. It was pretty, for a fat dress. Well, in September my step daughter had her wedding. I decided to wear the same dress...but after low carbing for 2 months, it was so big on me. One thing I noticed, it was alot longer than it had been the first time. Not as much body to go over. And it kept falling off my shoulders. It had a pretty matching blouse that goes over the dress, so no one realized my dress was slipping off. But I noticed and was truly happy that it didn't fit. I had gotten so used to things not fitting because I had gained weight, it was fun to have clothes not fit because I had lost weight. Much better!!! Soon, you will slim down enough where you'll have to have your dress altered! Yeah! Victoria
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 11:23
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Victoria and Dee!

We will get our official photo in the dress, and I will post it!. That won't be until April, but I can give the official story when I post it...(With all the gory details about how I thought I was going to have to grease my hips to get it on the first time I tried it on).

My sunshine moment happened last night when I was bored and a little hungry. I went and had a glass of cold water and a slice of swiss cheese....then I went to bed. I was really proud of myself. I really like the fact that I can make a conscious choice and stick to it....very empowering!