Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-21-00, 18:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Got this recipe off another egroup...thought I'd share it with those who may have missed seeing it.

Made it last weekend...what a nice treat in coffee. Actually to be honest, I had a couple in my coffee while hot tubbing last weekend. I wasn't sure if this was going to me an expensive venture...but it turns out it's almost half the price that buying high carb!! I simmered the cream in my slow cooker. The Irish Whiskey we got cost 24.95, and there is enough to make two recipes.

Enjoy...tis the season...go low carb at least and you won't feel quite as guilty.

Low Carb Irish Cream

3 cups heavy cream
1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar free cocoa powder
1 cup "pours like sugar" artificial sweetener (Splenda is probably best.)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract

Combine the cocoa powder, the instant coffee powder, and the artificial sweetener in a small bowl. Wet the mixture with a bit of the Irish whiskey and stir to make a smooth paste.

Meanwhile, place cream in a heavy saucepan and cook on low heat until reduced to 2 1/2 cups. Cool to room temperature.

Blend whiskey, paste, extracts, and cooled cream until smooth. Store covered or bottled in the refrigerator for no more than 2 weeks.

1 batch = 4 1/4 cups or 34 1-ounce shots
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-11, 16:55

Plan: LC
Stats: 260/218/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Definitely!
Progress: 38%

*hic* good stuff! Party at weimiemom's place!