Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 06:24

Plan: Atkins / M&E
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I got so tired of lugging in cases of bottled water to work, so after I read this thread I went out and bought a 40 oz. Thermos (the heavy metal kind) to lug into work every day. It's sitting on my desk as I type this - I'm thinking it'll be both a good reminder to drink all day long as well as a way to avoid buying bottled water all the time (I keep 2 large containers of water in the fridge at home all the time, so I just filled up the Thermos with that cold water before I left for work).

When I was lugging bottled water in to work, the problem was "out of sight, out of mind" - it was in my little office mini-fridge. So hopefully this desktop, big gray Thermos reminder will keep me chugging all day long.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 13:51

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

Day one managed to gag down all 10 glasses of water. Day two not so good. I am on day three and so far so good.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 10:40

Got all my water in yesterday. I am thinking of turning this thread into a challenge/support for water consumption. Any takers?
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: semi low-carb
Stats: 209.6/201.4/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I read this yesterday and thought "it's about time I got serious too about drinking all my water". I really think I'd see faster results. The problem is I am hardly ever thirsty. There's no excuse - I have a case of bottled water in my house and a water cooler at work. In fact there's a two-thirds full bottle of water sitting a foot from me as I type this.......from yesterday!

What is wrong with me?
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Mar-25-09, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffypants
I read this yesterday and thought "it's about time I got serious too about drinking all my water". I really think I'd see faster results. The problem is I am hardly ever thirsty. There's no excuse - I have a case of bottled water in my house and a water cooler at work. In fact there's a two-thirds full bottle of water sitting a foot from me as I type this.......from yesterday!

What is wrong with me?

Hahaha, I read this yesterday and just about peed myself laughing. You and I must have been separated at birth. I have water within arms reach too and still struggle to drink it.

That being said I managed to drink all the water yesterday but now for the ridiculous part: My back was killing me because I was constantly getting up and down to go to the bathroom. Damned if I do and damned if I don't. I am struggling today to drink my water having only had maybe a glass along with a couple cups of coffee and have used the bathroom maybe twice today.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-27-09, 09:29

Managed to get six of the ten glasses of water in by bedtime. I really had to pretty much gulp down the last 600mls. I just wasn't in the mood to be up and down all day in the bathroom. Oh well I am feeling better inside though so I am sure it does make a difference.
I can't weigh myself anymore because I threw the scale out earlier this week so it is one of the reason I am drinking the water without straying too much because I have to keep better track of what I know I need to do to get this weight off for good.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Mar-28-09, 07:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/131/128 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default feeling thirsty

I just read that by the time we feel thirsty, we are already somewhat dehydrated. Lack of water can also cause short-term memory fuzziness, and achiness.
What happened with Dear Mommy's idea of a challenge? I love the support on this site - things people say (the encouraging things) pop into my mind as the day goes.
Sunbonnet
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 05:54

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi,

I drink alot of Diet Coke and very little water. I am not losing much anymore is this the reason??
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 06:50

Stats: 269/224/200 Male 5ft-10in
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
I wish more people would 'get' this!!!

Water IS one of the main keys to weight loss. I drink about 3 litres a day, every day, if I don't drink enough, I don't lose weight.

Here's how I think about it when on numerous trips to the bathroom....I am flushing the fat OUT of my body, in fact, the more water I drink the better because the more fat I am flushing away!

Good for you that you finally found out how to flush that fat!

i totally agree! since i increased my water intake to between 80 to 100 ozs(i work outside all day) my weight loss is a steady 2-3 lbs a week...i`ve read somewhere here that if your urine has color to it you need more water,urine should be clear.. i have to pee so much i can barely get my zipper down in time...lol
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 12:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman489
i totally agree! since i increased my water intake to between 80 to 100 ozs(i work outside all day) my weight loss is a steady 2-3 lbs a week...i`ve read somewhere here that if your urine has color to it you need more water,urine should be clear.. i have to pee so much i can barely get my zipper down in time...lol

LOL!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 12:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloquilts
Hi,

I drink alot of Diet Coke and very little water. I am not losing much anymore is this the reason??

The old "diet-coke-instead-of-water-ploy"!
The non-sugar sweetener in diet coke has been implicated in
weight gain.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-09, 18:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli
The old "diet-coke-instead-of-water-ploy"!
The non-sugar sweetener in diet coke has been implicated in
weight gain.

i don`t drink diet soda anymore,the only time i drink it is when i drink alcohol,just lots of water with lemon to help flush my liver,,,it seems to work my CBC profile is great~!!!!!!!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 14:47

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:

lol...Falling out of my chair as a I read that...that is SO me right now as I'm trying to get back on track with drinking my water. Nothing like doing the "pee pee" dance to the office restroom...only to find it's closed for cleaning and having to make a mad dash to the 2nd floor restrooms. I'm surprised I haven't taken anyone out in the process. I swear I've been that close to not getting the zipper down in time it's scary. lol! Thanks for the laugh!!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-09, 15:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
lol...Falling out of my chair as a I read that...that is SO me right now as I'm trying to get back on track with drinking my water. Nothing like doing the "pee pee" dance to the office restroom...only to find it's closed for cleaning and having to make a mad dash to the 2nd floor restrooms. I'm surprised I haven't taken anyone out in the process. I swear I've been that close to not getting the zipper down in time it's scary. lol! Thanks for the laugh!!

i figured that there had to be other people like me,BTW i`m down another 3 lbs this week!!! this water thing has had to help!!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-09, 07:56

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
i figured that there had to be other people like me,BTW i`m down another 3 lbs this week!!! this water thing has had to help!!

Awesome! CONGRATS!! KUTGW! Keep chugging that H20!!