Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 10:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/120
BF:
Progress:
Default Spring Challenge

Hello everybody!...If it is not too late I would like to join the
challenge.

I will be starting induction on Monday 2/04/02 - with a goal of loosing 2 lbs per week. I have used the Atkins program before,
and I am anxious to start again.

Current weight: 163 pounds
Challenge goal weight: 153 pounds
Ultimate goal weight: 120 pounds

My biggest obstacle...is finding the motivation to consistently
exercise!

I am a 40 yr. old, stay at home Mom....with 2 boys - ages 10 & 12
I would love to hear from other women who have been successful with the program. Thanks!!

P.S. Just a hint...when you measure...most clothing catologues
show a pcture of "where" to measure. That way you always
measure in the same place.

Good Luck to everyone! Keep posting!!

Last edited by greenildy : Sun, Feb-03-02 at 10:29.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 12:28
Registered Member

Stats: 201/190/130
BF:
Progress: 15%
Smile me too, me too

Little bit late....but better late than never- right? Anywho, Friday's weigh in was 183 but today's is 184....but my blazer can button! This blazer never has comfortably. I don't mind losing some on my bust, just didn't think I would. To recap, I'd like to be at or below 170 on 3/8. Goals are great to have.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 13:55

Stats: 173/160/130
BF:
Progress:

I read somewhere that you should measure your upper bust, bust and lower bust as this gives you a good indication of how your back is thinning down. This is a good idea because as the flab below the bust disappears your shape returns.

My weight seems to have stuck, as I weigh on Mondays and Fridays so here's hoping it goes down a bit by Friday!

Good luck!!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 11:47
Registered Member

Stats: 133/121/110
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking Save room for me too!!!

I'm already on two other forums but this is going to be great! Counting down week by week is really going to move things along.

I am going to lose 2 pounds a week so that by March 8 I'll be 114. That will be only 4 pounds away from my goal And just in time for my vacation in the Caribbean Good Luck to all and to all a very Low Carb day
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 08:29
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default atanqt

I am also heading to the Caribbean in April! I think we are going to St. Maarten. I am not having a good 1st week as of TOM. I don't think I lost anything. I just hope I have not gained! Only 2 more days til weigh/measure in.

Good luck to everybody.
Gilta
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 09:00

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Gilta,

I'm having a bad week too - unmodivated, hungry (due to the soon visit of Tom), etc...I say that next week we'll do great Hey if you guys are heading somewhere in April, we should just make a new challenge until April. My bday is April 9th and if I haven't hit my goal by then, I don't know what I'll do...After this month, we should keep on going and do another...

Good Luck and see you guys on Friday,
Erin
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 09:40
Registered Member

Stats: 133/121/110
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking Hello!

Hi everyone. I am also going to continue my counting down until April, since I won't be leaving for St. Lucia till the first week of May. So I'll be right here with you all. Keep up the good work
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 14:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 148/138/115
BF:
Progress: 30%
Cool

Hi everyone-

I am new here and I have been reading everyone's posts and getting really motivated from them. I would love to join the spring challenge to lose weight in a month. I would like to shoot for the 15 lbs in a month if it is not too late to join the challenge that ends March 8th.
So far in total, I have lost ten pounds and would really love to lose that extra 15 before I feel like the results can be seen by myself and others.
For everyone's info, I am 5'8 and 21 and so I feel like the extra pounds that I started with could really be lifted off of my smaller frame body. I can't believe that I actually use to weight 115 at one point in my life, and so that is why I have made that my goal weight. Good luck everyone and I can't wait to hear everyone's successes each week.

Mary
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 16:13

Default MIAJ,

Hi. Welcome to the countdown. Where do you go to school? I'm a senior at Indiana University, but I'm originally from Philadelphia. It's so glad to see people my age on here - this site has been a lifesafer, but my boyfriend thinks I'm a wierdo...lol. Over the past three years I gained almost 30 lbs, I'd say that's more than the freshman 15 and I was tired of it. I couldn't believe when I gat a scale how much bigger I was - I honestly hadn't noticed I've been on Atkins/PP for almost 4 months. Good luck. See you on Friday weighins. Great job on your loss so far.

Erin
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 16:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 148/138/115
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking Wow Erin....33 pounds

Erin-

You sure have lost a lot of weight and congradulations on it. You are an inspiration for me and a great model as to what can happen on this diet or should I say WOL?

I also gained my extra weight during college (I go to Northwestern), like you and now I want to eventually end college at least at the same weight that I started. It was so hard to eat healthy things all of the time and after a while I just gave up. A lot of my friends never have to watch their weight and I am so jealous. Do you find it hard to get other people to support you on this diet? I feel like I can see results after 10 lbs of mostly water, but I know that I am probably imagining it. I just wish people encouraged me along and praised every little pound. Now I know that is not possible at all, but can't I wish. This forum should help a lot though.

Thank you so much for the great welcome to this site!!! I am so excited to be able to talk to other people that are my age and are trying to lose weight in a healthy manner just like me.

Mary
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 18:17

Default Thanks..

Well, concerning support, it depends. Some of my friends are awesome and everytime I see them, they encouraging. However, I have my share of friends that are constantly nagging me, "you're getting to skinny" or "you don't need to lose anymore"...I'm definitely not too skinny - size 6-8. This is the first time I've ever watched my weight and it's taken my boyfriend some time to get used to it (we live together). He's used to 4 am pizzas and McDonald breakfasts - and I wonder why I put on weight, I ate like a boy for three years. At first, I really wanted people to notice (I mean that's a modivator in itself), but now I feel uncomfortable. I run into friends from freshman year at the bars and it's always the same - "wow." I mean don't get me wrong, this is the best and my selfesteem is through the roof. It's funny because sometimes I hope I don't think that I look better than I really do...lol. For example, I'll be looking at really tight jeans and wonder can I really where this? I still try on two sizes bigger than I really wear when I go to stores.
I lost about 13 in the first month and I'm sure some of it was water weight too, but I still felt amazing. It's like if I eat more carbs than I should - I feel gross and bloated. This way of eating makes me feel so good about myself - you know? So, if you feel better, that's all that matters, but the 10 lbs. is amazing.
Are you finishing up NW this year? What your major?
After I hit my goal, the first thing I'm doing is buying a pair of Paper Jeans, or Seven Jeans. Before, there was no way I was spendig that much money of fat jeans and I can't buy them now b/c they won't fit later...so I just have to wait...
Erin
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 08:50

Stats: 163/163/120
BF:
Progress:
Default Just checking in

Hello to everybody!

Note: Started induction on 02/04/02 - starting weight =163lb

Feb. 8th - 162
Feb. 15th -
Feb. 22nd -
Mar. 1st -
Mar. 8th -

Last edited by greenildy : Fri, Feb-08-02 at 16:31.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 02:40

Plan: Curves/Heavin
Stats: 196/196/137
BF:34.6%/34.6%/25%
Progress: 0%
Default just starting (2/8)

Well, i just started LC today, and just found the board. Do you mind if I start now?
my break is Mar 15, so I will go to there...still gives me 5 weeks.

Today I weigh 187
Week 1 Ends the morning of Feb 15th - goal 184
Week 2 Ends the morning of Feb 22 - goal 181
Week 3 Ends the morning of Mar 1 - goal 178
Week 4 Ends the morning of Mar 8 - goal 175
Week 5 Ends the morning of March 15- goal 172

Since I am just starting and on Induction of Atkins is it reasonable to hope to be BELOW 170 by then?
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 07:22
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default BAD WEEK

This week stunk for me. TOM did not help. I ate well, but gained. I am miserable, but hopefully next week will be better. At least I am down 3/4 inch on my waist.

After weighin on Friday Feb. 1st: 188.5 42, 36.75, 45
Week 1 Ends the morning of Feb 8th - 190.5 42, 36 ,45
Week 2 Ends the morning of Feb 15 -
Week 3 Ends the morning of Feb 22 -
Week 4 Ends the morning of March 1 -
Week 5 Ends the morning of March 8 -

Back to Fitday to see what is happening. I think I am not eating enough calories and too much salty things even though I am drinking 130 oz water.

Gilta
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 07:56

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Default Re: BAD WEEK

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilta
This week stunk for me. TOM did not help. I ate well, but gained. I am miserable, but hopefully next week will be better. At least I am down 3/4 inch on my waist.

Gilta, you lost 3/4 of an inch! That is not UP! Inches lost and scale weight lost cannot happen at the same time - and IMHO inches lost are way more important. If your weight goes UP and your size goes down it is an indication of fat loss and muscle growth - something to be desired. Don't let the scales lie to you.

Nat