Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-06, 21:54

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Thumbs up Well, I figured I'd...

Hi everbody!

Well, I'm suppose to start my new Atkins Diet January 1, 2007, to begin the new year right, but I figured I start today so I could get pass the two to four day yuckie, clean out all the glucose and other crap in body stage so by the time January 1, 2007 hits I'll be good to go so far as getting my body cleaned out and ready for ultimate low-carbin'. Well, today, which is day number one went really well. According to Atkins I can have a total of 20 grams of carbs per day. The good news is I don't even think I have done 5 grams as everything I ate today was either zero carbs are less than 0.9 carbs so this is good. Started late with drinking the water today though...managed to get in 5 cups, but now it's 7:47 pm and I'm afraid if I drink much more I won't be sleeping much tonight.

Hey! I actually got in about 1/2 hour of walking today too...now that was a miracle.

I still can't believe I'm 300 lbs. - the highest weight I have ever been in my life. If I don't look in the mirror or at a recent photo I pretty much feel like my old self...well except for when I try to tie my shoes...yeah...ok. Who in the heck is that lady in the mirror? It sure can't be me! It doesn't look like me. I wonder who the heck she is? I'll be glad when she goes away and I come back again.

So...2007...ready or not here I come!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-06, 22:57

Plan: WOW Rx
Stats: 435/390/265 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I've see sawed on low carb, so I'm not saying this as a super success story, but I will tell you that if you look on this site, there are some spectacular stories.

j13, kyrasdad just to name two.

It does take a good four days or so to clean out your system, and if you can get your body into ketosis, it'll be smooth sailing for you.

What I DO know is this. . . 5 grams of carbs is NOT healthy. I hope that 5g included 30 or so grams of fiber. Otherwise you'll find yourself doing something else on low carb, using metamucil or being constipated.

Good luck, and you got me cheering in your corner.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-06, 23:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/166/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Welcome 2007. You will find terrific support here. I know I have.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 11:27

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Welcome! I started back again yesterday too, I took a break for Christmas and just gained waaaay too much. Didn't want to see how bad it would get by New Years! This is a great place for support and info, and btw, many folks do meat and egg only (less that 5 carbs/day) and lose well and feel great. I did it for 4 months straight and felt awesome (and lost alot). No matter how you plan to eat, there is always someone around here that has "been there done that" and can give you their opinions. Its all about doing what you can live with for the long haul. Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 12:30

Good Morning Everybody!

Wow! Look at that! I have people who replied to my post. What's more wonderful is that they understand where I am and how I feel so far as weight related issues go that is. I really do believe I will succeed and with wonderful people like you giving me support and helping me along I know the Lord has blessed me and only wants good for me and for you too because I plan on supporting your efforts too. The Lord is so awesome! Again, thank you. Now, I;m not sure if I'm suppose to reply back to your individual responses or if I'm just suppose to post a new reply...hmmm...please bare with me I'm quite new at this.

Now as for how many grams of fiber I got yesterday...that's a good question because I have no clue, but this is what I ate which seemed pretty good and healthy to me:

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs crumbled up and mixed with mayo, salt & pepper

No Lunch: I was on the run all day trying to get stuff for my Atkin's diet but not to worry I won't be skipping meals on a regular basis ...sometimes things just happen. Anyway...

Dinner: 3 cups of ceasar salad w/ Ken's Ceasar Dressing (man do I love this brand of dressing...it's the best...and it's zero carbs...how cool is that). Lastly, 1 large Beef Chuck steak fried in olive oil with oyster & soy sauce seasonings...yummie...yum...yum.

I figured this wasn't a bad start at all. As I mentioned on one of my other post I have done the low-carb thing before...about 2 or 3 years ago...I think maybe 3 years ...yeah. Anyway, I did really well. I lost 52lbs, but then I got really depressed because even though I was being good...I wasn't dropping. I was working out 5 to 6 days a week and I just wasn't dropping. It really got to me and I started to just say "f it". Started eating carbs. Then I went through major relation issues...got a divorce. Man! My diet went totally out the door. Anyway, now that I can reflect back and see where my issues were I can now use that as Armor for this time around and I will also know that I was just going through a real plauteau...which REALLY bumed me out so this time I will know once I get to the 50 lbs mark that my body will plauteau and not to freak out and to keep pushing on and if I have any other major problems in my life to not take it out on myself and to keep pushing on. I know this is easier said than done so I know I will be looking to all of you for support because although this is a wonderful way to eat...you still need support because normal people or just that way. Anyway, I guess I've rambled on long enough. Guess, I'll go eat breakfast now.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 13:41

Plan: WOW Rx
Stats: 435/390/265 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs crumbled up and mixed with mayo, salt & pepper

No Lunch: I was on the run all day trying to get stuff for my Atkin's diet but not to worry I won't be skipping meals on a regular basis ...sometimes things just happen. Anyway...

Dinner: 3 cups of ceasar salad w/ Ken's Ceasar Dressing (man do I love this brand of dressing...it's the best...and it's zero carbs...how cool is that). Lastly, 1 large Beef Chuck steak fried in olive oil with oyster & soy sauce seasonings...yummie...yum...yum.

I figured this wasn't a bad start at all. As I mentioned on one of my other post I have done the low-carb thing before...about 2 or 3 years ago...I think maybe 3 years ...yeah. Anyway, I did really well. I lost 52lbs, but then I got really depressed because even though I was being good...I wasn't dropping. I was working out 5 to 6 days a week and I just wasn't dropping.

Don't worry about the rambling. If you can't ramble here, where can you ramble.

Okay, so Breakfast: Eggs have no fiber. Mayo has no fiber. Neither does salt or pepper. So Zero there.

No lunch means no calories and no fiber. . . not good for the fiber police (remember, I'm almost 400 pounds so consider the source, but fiber IS important).

3 cups of ceasar salad: Good, check the lettuce bag for fiber content but romaine (or any) lettuce is good.

Ken's Ceasar Dressing: No fiber but so what, you got it in the salad.

Lastly, Beef Chuck steak fried in olive oil with oyster & soy sauce seasonings...yummie...yum...yum. No fiber, but again, it doesn't matter, the salad was good.

George Stella had a show on Food network called low carb and loving it. . . it's worth looking on the web for recipes.

Lots of fresh foods, lots of veggies, lots of vitamins, fiber, nutrients, and ALL low carb. He was a chef at 450 pounds and lost like 265 of it doing low carb.

And so did his whole family.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 13:55
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Welcome and Good Luck!!

By next New Years, I bet you'll be 100 lbs less than you are today!!

My very best to you on your journey down the scale!!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 16:27

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Welcome 2007 to the TDC!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 09:44

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less

Welcome 2007! You will do well this time. I lost 102 pounds in 10 months and then hit a big stall/plateau, but since I have made this a lifestyle change, I didn't let it bother me at all. I've now started dropping the pounds very slowly again, but that's okay. If I gave up and started eating crap carbs again, the only way my weight would have gone was UP!! This is a much better place to be--no matter how many months it takes. When I hit my stall, I just kept tweaking my food and exercise until I found out what it would take to get the pounds coming off again. It's worth it. I now know that you have to constantly change up your food and exercise, or what you are doing will become the 'new normal' for your body and it becomes very efficient at staying the same weight. Sometimes, I have had to reduce my exercise for a while and then increase it again, to give my complacent body a shock.

Sunny!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 09:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi 2007! Welcome to the TDC! I wish you much success on your weight loss journey!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 13:59

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. Wow! The fiber police got on me. Thanks! I'm gonna go check my Atkins book to see exactly how much fiber I need to be taking in daily.

Todays Breakfast: 3 Deviled Eggs & 1 Atkins Salmon Patty made w/Orange & Red bell peppers & celery. Ha! Even my boyfriend wanted some of this. It was really tasty. I made up a whole batch and will be putting the uncooked patties in freezer wax paper to use as needed. I love this. I'm preparing foods ahead of time so I have no excuses. Also made a big batch of deviled eggs which include left over Christmas turkey in the deviled egg mix. Gonna make sure I get the full use of that turkey someway or another. :-)
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 14:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 290/285/130 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 3%

you want to make sure that you try to eat all of your meals otherwise it lowers your metabolism. my dietician told me this.. i have a lot to work on .. lol i only eat 1-2 times a day. no wonder im fat.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 14:19

I'll try my best to eat 3 times daily. I usually only eat twice a day, either breakfast and dinner or lunch and dinner. So I'm working on it. It's much easier if I'm home, but if I'm on the run it seems like one of these usually gets skipped, but dinner...nope I never skip that 'cause of course I'm so famished by the end of the day I pig out on this meal. However, I did actually get in three meals yesterday and it was funny because I felt like I was eating too much. Well, guess I'd better get use to the three meals a day thing.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 14:21
Registered Member

BF:

yeah, my dietician said that its not good to pig out in a meal then your eating more than you should and your body cant handle all that at one time. so its good to spread it out during the day.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Dec-30-06, 14:22
Registered Member

BF:

she said even if you just eat something small like an apple or some cheese. just so you have something.