Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 06:56

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

*lol* No, Bloom, nothing new since Cuba. We usually take pictures at family gatherings, but Easter really didnt happen So the next biggie will be Mothers' Day, I believe. Sometimes I do wish I had a digital camera!

Nat
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 19:51

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Oh well never to mind but you do look great in the lemon dress in your journal, its just not as show all as I wanted to see
Im still wading though all your pages and up to 18, you gotta slow down or I'll never catch up
Your really tempting me to switch to BFL but i dont know whats holding me back ....The doubt of myself commiting to excersise like you have I think. I think I am just tooo plain old lazy!!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloom
Your really tempting me to switch to BFL but i dont know whats holding me back

How about reading the book? It requires a committment - but only a few hours of your time Reading doesnt mean you have to do it - I've read a whole whack of LC books w/o switching plans. If nothing else it will give you an idea of just what you can accomplish when you put your mind to something. The amount of exercise and the level of intensity doesnt have to be BFL - find something that works for you, this way you're more likely to stick with it

Nat

P.S. LOL on the dress comment - I have some more riske pics, however I was 18 months old at the time they were taken
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:20

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka

How about reading the book?

Nat

P.S. LOL on the dress comment - I have some more riske pics, however I was 18 months old at the time they were taken

as for the BFL...I have the book on order so will do that.

and as for the pic's... now your making me blush I wasnt meaning to be THAT nosey!!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 08:40

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Thanks, Nat. I have only just spotted this forum and it sounds like what I need now. I have seen the book on amazon.com and seen some good reviews.
What I wondered was whether anyone of any age can do it - I am very unfit, but I know from past experience I get fit quite quickly if I am keep at it.
Judy
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 08:45

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by judy130
What I wondered was whether anyone of any age can do it

Hi there Judy....

I'm not sure what you mean by "any age", but if you are talking about over 50 - then the answer is YES! and I'm living proof. Check out my Gym Journal for details.

Marlaine
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 08:50
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

That is the beauty of the program, Judy, is that anyone of any age at any level of fitness can do this program. The important thing is that each time you lift or do cardio that you reach a certain level of intensity....it's called "hitting your 10". So it doesn't matter if that's with a 3# weight or a 30# weight....as long as it's your personal best!

You really should read the book (see if your library has a copy! or visit half.com)....its very inspirational but also very specific. There is also a website you can visit www.bodyforlife.com for more information.

I'm at the end of week one and loving it!!! And oh, by the way....I haven't exercised for years and years!
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/236/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default BFL

Hi,

I am starting BFL and would like to thank Nat for all the innformation she is posting. It's great.
I am almost done reading the book and find it really interesting.

I went of my Low Carb WOL two weeks ago and I feel gross. I have horrible mood swings and cravings. I had a bagel this morning with Nutella (how bad is that???) and I am going right back to Low Carb tomorrow. I was doing OK until I went to Disney World and ate carbs in industrial quantities. I really, really did not have any fun at WDW. But, that's another story!

If anyone has any tips on starting BFL, please let me know.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 15:36

BF:

Hi there, Tech. Welcome back to LC and congrats on the decision to start BFL. I would suggest having a look through a few journals and gym logs to get some ideas for menus and workouts - there are a few of us here who have completed (and are doing) the program (Marlaine, DivaDani, Lisaf, Ruth, Homegirl, KarenB, Wbahn and me) Copy any ideas as you see fit

There are some good questions in the BFL forum that will probably come up during your first week -have a good look through there as well. And if you're new to weight lifting be sure to check out Trainerdan's sticky in the General Exercise forum "Weight lifting for beginners"

All the best!
Nat
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 04:40

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%
Post Thanks

Thanks all for the feedback. I ordered the book straight away on Friday but it said 3 -5 weeks. Then, by coincidence, on Saturday I went into a bookshop with my daughter and there it was staring me in the face - it must have been fate!

I started Day 1 this morning and felt really good about it. I am going to start a gym log now.

In fact, I am feeling very good about myself as I would never have stuck this long to giving up sugar and avoiding all the chocolates the family have been eating.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT.

Judy
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 07:25
Starting Over!

Talking Welcome Judy!

Welcome to the club of Bodacious Masochistic BFL Babes!! You're gonna LOVE it!
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 10:47
Registered Member

BF:
Default First day BFL

Well, I did it. My first BFL workout. I was in and out of the gym under one hour. I KNOW my upper body will hurt tomorrow. It was a hard workout but I feel good about it.

I took my measurements this morning and will compare in a month to see if anything is happening. I am staying off the scale for now.

Tomorrow, cardio! Yeaaaaaah
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 11:11
Starting Over!

Techgirl....do you take glutamine? I've been taking it since I started BFL and have experienced very little soreness while my husband has been really moaning about it (he didn't take it at first, but is NOW!). If you need more info, there's lots of it on this board about the benefits and dosages, etc. Let me know if need help finding it.

Welcome to the CLUB!!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 06:54
Registered Member

BF:
Default It's the day after my first BFL workout

It hurts to type. Need I say more?
Also, I am retaining water like a giant sponge, has anybody experience this? I drank water yesterday but apparently not enought.

I am off to the gym to do cardio. I wish I did not have to do cardio, just weight training would be just fine with me.

Techgirl
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 07:13

BF:

Tech, muscles under repair will soak up water - water is what carries the nutrients and amino acids into your muscles. You should be drinking at minimum 2 litres a day and 2 cups prior to any weight training. The best way to counteract water retention is to drink more - it wont last long.

Nat