Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 17:56
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi! I'm new to the board and also in Texas.. Lake Worth area of Fort Worth. I'm new to the state, having spent most of my live in Connecticut, so I don't know anyone here at all yet! Glad to see so many Texans on the board!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 07:51
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 302.2/281.0/200 Male 6'1"
BF:BMI 41.0/39.1/27.1
Progress: 21%

Morgan where abouts did you live in CT? I spent a good 15 years up there living in Windsor CT, what a beautiful expense state that was.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 09:00

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi all,
We go through Lake Worth at least once a month! Originally I'm from Harlingen in the Rio Grande Valley, graduated from Abilene Christian University, live in west Houston (Katy), and we have a farm in North Texas, a little town called Olney (closest town of any size is Wichita Falls). We Texans really love our state, don't we? I did live in New Mexico for 7 years and missed Texas the entire time. It's great to meet other Texans.
Susan
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 11:05
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Morgan where abouts did you live in CT? I spent a good 15 years up there living in Windsor CT, what a beautiful expense state that was

I grew up in Farmington, CT. I really REALLY miss it! I had a very hard time in Texas last fall when there was no autumn! Nothing beats a New England autumn

Can't say I miss the snow though.. and being able to use the pool for 7-8 months out of the year is just way cool, lol.

Everything is bigger in Texas, except me! Yeeha!
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 21:42
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

Hello!

I'm an official transplanted Texan! My DH is in the Army in Ft. Hood & I've been here on the forum for a little while now. Glad to meet y'all! ~Cheryl
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 01:02

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 209/194/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Off topic...

I need a big Dallas favor...

I am working on Christmas gifts, and am needing some Dallas Cowboys fleece fabric (I believe they carry it frequently at walmart). I need 2 1/2 yards. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pick me up some if I provide the cash for the fabric and shipping up front... I would also be more than willing to return the favor if anyone needs anything from Oklahoma!!!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 08:29

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 216/208.8/150 Female 65 inches
BF:mini goal 206
Progress: 11%

Do you have a PayPal account? I can probably get it in a $9 flat rate Priority mail box & would be willing to get it for you no problem!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jul-09-07, 18:54

BF:
Default Cool!!!

Yes, I do!!! I am an ebay junkie. I would be more than happy to paypal you the cash. You can email me at kendra.barker~okc.gov and we will swap details. I am looking specifically for the fleece with the stars and helmets on it. I don't really care for the pattern with the footballs on it, but it will do in a pinch. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 18:03

BF:
Default Tina....

I am going on days off, and do not have a computer at home. I am in no big hurry to get this taken care of immediately. I will be back at work on July 18th. Please drop me an email at your convenience with paypal details. I decided I need 3 yards. I believe it is a little under $8.00 a yard here. I think I will just send you $40.00 which should cover any shipping cost and hopefully a little gas money for your trouble! Also, there is no big hurry for you to get it to me on a deadline. I understand if your local walmart does not have it in stock and you have to wait until you see it at another one or they get it in stock. Thanks so much for the favor. It's nice having such an extended family! Once again, let me know if there is anything I can assist you with from Oklahoma...
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-07, 04:16
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 150/120/100 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi there fellow Texans. Do you remember singing our state song in school years ago? Hope I've got the words right.

Texas our Texas, all hail the mighty state
Texas our Texas, so wonderful and great
Larger and grander, withstanding every test
Oh empire wide and glorius, you stand supremely best
(CHORUS) God bless you Texas and keep you brave and strong
that you may grow in power and worth
throughout the ages long.
(repeat the CHORUS)
[B]

Some folks think "The Eyes of Texas are upon You" is our state song, but it's just a fun singalong song, especially with friends.

How beautiful to look across a wide field of bluebonnets. Missed getting to see them last year with the draught. What a pleasure to see the crepe myrtles, azaleas, and the lovely dogwood trees blooming in Texas in the spring.

So many beautiful types of scenery - piney woods, gardens, beaches, canyons, hills & low mountains - across our state. With the Alamo, NASA, the medical centers, those big Texas city skylines, the verdant Valley, museums, great fishing, small towns, and the countryside with its farms & cattle ranches. What a variety we have.

But mainly in Texas you'll meet some of the warmest hearted, finest folks on earth. And no matter where you find yourself at the moment, if you are a Texan, Texas is always in your heart.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-08, 22:55
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 227/174/166 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 87%

gotta kick start this thread again.

Hello fellow Texans. I've seen a couple towns I recognize. I'm in North Texas (Collin County).
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-08, 00:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/311/200 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Fellow hill country texan here! i've lived in kerrville for almost 7 years now. Moved from Michigan, and won't ever go back.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 12:11

Plan: atkins...vlc
Stats: 150/141.6/125 Female 5 ft 7inches
BF:what the heck?!
Progress: 34%

Hello, Texans!
Hey there, Kerrvert! I'm in Medina, 20 minutes swest of you! So you're liking the Hill Country? I've been here in Medina almost 10 years, and I grew up in Kerrville, went to Starkey, and jr hi, and Tivy there. I could live nowhere else. Except maybe in Austin. (But, that's still Hill Country Living!)
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 13:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/224/175 Female 5-10"
BF:
Progress:

I have lived in Texas my entire life - just relocated to Oklahoma City last summer... I'm from Houston/Spring area so I have to say that I'm not missing the traffic (my 1.5 hour commute one way) and the hectic life I had there... But I do love Texas and will always be a TEXAN!
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 05:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 331/322.2/200 Female 5'9
BF:All Of Me
Progress: 7%

Hi yall im in N.E. Texas