Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-13-06, 16:38

Plan: 80/20 Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 250/190/145 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 57%
Smile Shrimp Ceviche

This dish is Yummy and in the middle of this cold winter makes me think of warmer days ahead!

·3 lbs small raw shrimp, divined, and sliced in half or quartered going lengthwise
·4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
·6 limes, juiced
·4 lemons, juiced
·1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
·1 Serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped,
·1 jalapenos chilies seeded and finely chopped,
·1 cucumber, peeled and diced
·1 red onion, diced
·salt and pepper to taste
·3 tablespoons tomato sauce or lc ketchup
·Shredded lettuce
·mayonnaise
·lc fried tortillas shells or lc tortilla chips (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)

Before leaving for work place shrimp in a glass container and cover with the juice of 5 limes and 3 lemons. Mix tomatoes, cilantro, chilies, cucumber, onion and salt and pepper in another container and the juice of one lime and one lemon. Let both marinade in a sealed container.

When you return from work mix together and place back into refrigerator until ready to use.

Before serving put 3 tablespoons lc ketchup into the mix.

To serve: Place about a tablespoon mayonnaise on the tortilla, then a small handful of lettuce and then top with a portion of the ceviche and a pinch of salt. Garnish with limes and hot sauce. Also good as nachos on lc tortilla chips (my favorite). This recipe makes about 8 servings and the carb count is about 8 carbs per serving, but most of the carbs are low GI with lots of fiber. I eat this regularly with no ill effects.
Sponsored Links