Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 11:21

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%

Good going Ruthy!!!

The only reason I don't feel self conscious is because I'm always alone. I live right next to a stadium parking lot and run there at about 6:15am. It's pretty deserted at this time of day, except maybe on weekends..........and then everyone else is so busy doing their own thing that they don't even notice me. I gotcha on the bouncing up and down thing.........it has taken a while for me to get used to it, no doubt.

France huh??? J'habite a Washington. J'ai visite Paris et Rennes en 1999. C'est tres jolie. J'adore le shoppes et cafes, mais le fromage etait un petite difficult pour m'estomac. C'etait un situation embarrassante!! LOL!!!

Jusqu'a prochaine familier!!!

C
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 08:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/338/225 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

The flu bug has bitten me, so I have not been able to run in several days. I am wondering what it will be like to run again when I am over this mess.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050
The flu bug has bitten me, so I have not been able to run in several days. I am wondering what it will be like to run again when I am over this mess.

Oh Scott, I betcha ya'll be just fine. Just make sure to slowly work back up again...........don't expect your past 15 minutes on the first one back.........try for 8 or 10 and stop when your body says "too much!!!". Remember, your muscles have memories too. They don't forget and nor should you.

C
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 04:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%

Bein francais Ivy! I've been here a year , am scottish, so still have a lot to learn but can speak to the locals now which is nice.
Today I did 21 mins, 2mins run, 1walk. Bit tired cause it was too sunny!
Poor you Scott, get better before you try.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 06:50

Thumbs up Week 4 Run#12

I just completed my 12th run. It was a good one. I really needed it too with all the additional stress lately. I was fighting though for those last 2 minutes. I did however, kick things up and all out sprinted the last minute. It was like while I was doing it, it kinda felt like shouting, or kicking something. It was nice, I liked it. LOL

Weighed in at 190........that's 1.8 I lost since yesterday!!!! Whew weeeeeee!!!!

C
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 23:54

BF:

I went to the track today and could not even finish a lap. My lungs apparently have not recovered fully yet, so I am not going to push it too much for the next few days, but I want to get back to at least a mile again by the end of next week. This flu really set me back.
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 01:06

BF:

A little better, 7/10ths of a mile. I hope to pass a mile again today and hopefully get back to where I was by the end of the week.
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 05:18
Registered Member

Plan: M&E Maintenance <5carbs
Stats: 170/109.5/115 Female 5'1"-5'2" w/ shoes
BF:31.1%/21.3%/19%
Progress: 110%

Have not been able to do anything cause I hurt my ankle while on vacation. DH even had just bought me new Nike Shocks right before. Grrr I HOPE maybe by weeks end.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-06, 13:42

Stats: 250/230/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 33%

Saw this site and it reminded me so much of my effort last year that i wanted to stop in and say hi and to offer a website and program that allowed me to run in a 5 k last year - http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Going to go for a 1/2 marathin this summer and now that it is warming I am back at it. If you do not mind a guy I would love to be challanged in this forum

Tim
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-06, 14:13
Registered Member

Stats: 120/120/100 Female 5 ft 3
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am getting back in my groove too.

A half marathon is a great challenge. Good luck, I look forward to hearing about it over the next months.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 10:14
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingun78
I've started the Couch 2 5K running program recently. Just wondering if any other LCers are runners and/or using the same program. I'm looking to boost my weight loss as it has slowed drastically - not mention increase genearl health. Please share your experience and success.

Hi....this challenge actually caught my eye last week... but haven't had a chance to read until now.. I would really like to join if okay.

I started the couch to 5k run in October.. and have been doing it off and on since then... I am doing a 5k this summer and really need support.. I was in another challenge called the Couch to 5K challenge.. but I ended up being the only one left it in.. and I NEED buddies to push me along!!! So here I am.

I have only gotten up to week 4 and REALLY need ongoing support and encouragement to get me beyond week 4.

I will look forward getting to know ya'll!!
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 12:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi cathy welcome!
I'm disappointed as I've got an awful cold and can't breathe so have to have time off, I think i'll go back to week two rather than carry on.
Anyone running this week?
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 12:28

Plan: Healthy carbs:)
Stats: 157/157/119.9 Female 65
BF:Enough!
Progress: 0%

Mind if join as well? I found that its essential to combine weight trainig too to your running. It boosts your endurance a lot! I can't say that I am up to a 5K but I can do a 3K. You know what also helps too? I try and change things up. I wont go in to the gym on my cardio days and do the same thing. I try not to always push myself 100% Like yesterday I went in and did a quick (12 minute...quick for me) mile an then left. Today Im going to do the same thing. I am new to this style of training, but my trainer says that even on your weight training days it is good to get in some type of cardio. I do more cardio on the days I dont weight train. Then on my running days I warm up for like 1-2 laps at like 3.5-4.0 miles an hour. I then begin by jogging and each lap gradually increase my speed by like 1-2 tenths. Also its probably good to add some elliptical or stepper exercises in there, just to shock the body. Because it isn't always the quantity of the workout that's important, it's the quality.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 13:11

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

I have recently starting jogging on the treadmill. Originally I was just walking, but then found myself jogging on day and like it!

I go to the gym 5-6 days/week and do cardio each time for about 40-50 mins total. I have been walking for about 5 min to warm up, then jog (5.6 on the treadmill) for anywhere from 5-12 minutes, depending on my energy level that day. I go back and forth that way for about 25 mins. Then I either "up" the incline on the treadmill and slow down to 3.7 for 10 min OR use the stepper for 10 min OR use the elliptical machine.

I'm working up to the point where I can jog the entire 25 mins or better. May take a while!

Incidentally, I'm 40 and just started exercising at the gym this February.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 14:07

Wow..............I go away for one weekend and come back to more runners ready to join!!!! I am so psyched!!!

Sherry - I heard about your ankle in M&E, don't worry yourself about it. Just start walking when you feel up to it and then work slowly into the running again.

Scott - I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. Definitely don't push yourself too hard.

Ruthy - sorry to hear you're now sick too..............ughhh!!

And welcome to all the newcomers that have decided to join!!! This thread has been very inspirational for us. We generally post after each run, giving our progress physically as well as mentally. It acts as a great motivator to have everyone on here cheering you on, and not from the sidelines, but right there, on that track with you...........sweating and panting just like you!!!

Well, as I said, I was out of town all weekend.........just got back yesterday late afternoon. So, tomorrow will be my first day back to running. I have no idea how it's going to go. I'm actually a bit nervous. Cross your fingers for me ya'll!!!

See ya tomorrow.

C