Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 17:40

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 115/113.5/105 Female 5"2
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hello All! 5"2 checking in also
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Mar-18-06, 17:52

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

Hey! Welcome shortie Wow 113 huh?! Maybe I will see those days again
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 15:12

Plan: Atkins M&E
Stats: 142/140/122 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

i'm a shortie too! i'm 5'4" and the smallest in my family. i was quite tall as a child but stopped growing at 12.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 19:42

hey trinity!!!! How does it feel to be one of the tallest in the bunch for a change?!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Welcome tall shortie! he he. Welcome to the hanging fabric club. Maybe we should start a new thread and change it to that? I bet it would attract a lot of attention?
Monday again...brought all of my salad fixings for lunch today. didn't have time to make it at home so I brought just about my entire fridge with me. My new favorite thing to put on my salad is jalapeņos. I love them, always have. That's about as interesting as life gets right now. I am excited that Wednesday I get to go and pick up my cap & gown and honors medallion for graduation! That will be very surreal! It will definately feel a little more final though...
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 16:52

hanging fabric club

Congrats on graduation!! That has got to be exciting!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 15:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciGirl19z
hey trinity!!!! How does it feel to be one of the tallest in the bunch for a change?!

pretty good. for a time i was the tallest at work as well.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 15:17

BF:

congratulations on your graduation, unchubby.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 17:31

Stats: 150/150/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity77
congratulations on your graduation, unchubby.

Thanks! I just got home from picking up my cap & gown and medallion. Starting to feel a bit more real.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 08:44
Registered Member

Plan: Biggest Loser
Stats: 196/182.5/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I come from a family of shorties. Three sisters, and at 5'2", I am the "tall" one by two inches.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 18:35

welcome carbstart! Looks like you have some great goals set out for yourself!! Isnt it weird how genetics work? Both of my parents are 5'8" and I ended up getting the short end of the stick! Now I bet if they were both short then I would be tall!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 14:48

Stats: 150/142.0/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 27%

You ladies are too funny...Haven't we ALL had the excess fabric blues. I sometimes feel like a little kid wearing my MOMS clothes. I'm always rolling up my too long sleeves! I like the Gap, Petite Sophisticate, Ross & TJMax also have petite sizes. I often pair up much younger looking pieces to go with more "age appropriate" pieces....Hey just 'cause I'm 48 doesn't mean I'm not hip!

A good seamstress/tailor can also be a huge help with some items. You'd be suprised what magic they can perform.

I'm hanging in there w/ the lc. I'm down a few lbs. and have been adding lots of exercise to my daily routine. I bought a stability ball & a Denise Austin dvd, use hand weights and have been walking at least a mile on my lunch breaks.

Thankfully we're on daylight savings time here in Colorado and now it's lighter later. I live in a ski resort town (Steamboat Springs) we've had over 360 inches of snow this ski season!!!

I'll be thankful when it's really spring, it's easier to get out and walk & ride the mountain bike.
Best wishes to all my shortie buddys...together we can accomplish wonders.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 14:52

Stats: 150/142.0/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 27%

You ladies are too funny...Haven't we ALL had the excess fabric blues. I sometimes feel like a little kid wearing my MOMS clothes. I'm always rolling up my too long sleeves! I like the Gap, Petite Sophisticate, Ross & TJMax also have petite sizes. I often pair up much younger looking pieces to go with more "age appropriate" pieces....Hey just 'cause I'm 48 doesn't mean I'm not hip!

A good seamstress/tailor can also be a huge help with some items. You'd be suprised what magic they can perform.

I'm hanging in there w/ the lc. I'm down a few lbs. and have been adding lots of exercise to my daily routine. I bought a stability ball & a Denise Austin dvd, use hand weights and have been walking at least a mile on my lunch breaks.

Thankfully we're on daylight savings time here in Colorado and now it's lighter later. I live in a ski restort town (Steamboat Springs) we've had over 360 inches of snow this ski season!!!

I'll be thankful when it's really spring, it's easier to get out and walk & ride the mountain bike.

Best wishes to all my shortie buddys...together we can accomplish wonders.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 18:52

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

i finally found the forum i should be in! yea some of the bigger folks seem to ignore some of my comments maybe becaues they don't feel like they have anythin gin common... well, here's what iposted to yogamom earlier

damn ladies - well i'm here with you guys 5'3" and stuck at 140+ not cool because i'm an athelete/dancer/ and it's tooo big. it's been really hard for me to lose weight, i'd like to be 125 and i'll be happy. i'm trying really hard. i'm doing a M/E fast and trying atkins a little bit just to see if i'll ever feel what ketosis is....

how are all you doing and what are you eating.?
i'm loading up on protein and i notice i'm not so hungry anymore, i used to be a pescatarian/veggetarian and i'd eat eggs but eating soy products made me hungry and snacky all the time.

i cut out all starches for the last two weeks and i feel pretty good... it's slow but happening...

i need support/encouragement/help!

i want to lose those 15+ lbs all by june. i'm intraining, i've been trainig, working out, doing everything active... i'm goign to read up on some of your journals to see how you're doing!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 18:53

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
YES!! I get ravenously hungry! But, mine is at the beginning of TOM...by the end, I am okay.

what isTOM