Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 12:29

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 209.9/206.6/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Talking NE Ohio Anyone?

Please contact me if you're here in the Snowbelt area - I have a couple of friends on this and we're always up for meeting fellow LC'ers.....

Look forward to hearing from you!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 17:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230.5/228.5/130
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile I live in the Mansfield area!

Tell me about your success on the Atkins Diet.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 18:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207/201/165
BF:32%/32%/25%
Progress: 14%
Default In Cleveland...

I'm in Cleveland, up on Fairhill on the Shaker Heights border.

Be happy to chat or meet sometime!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 14:13

BF:

Hi Rosie and Tikerberi!

I live out in Chardon (heart of the snow belt, but thankfully there isn't any!!!). I work in Mayfield Heights - Tikerberi might know where that is....Rosie, you're a bit further south.....actually, I have a bowling tournament down there next year....

I have only been doing Atkins (actually, just lc'ing - not really religious to Atkins) for about 4 weeks now - and I've lost 14 pounds - I'm very pleased with it - I just keep my carb grams to somewhere between 20 - 30 most days and it seems to be working. I'm not exercising like I should, but I am drinking water (very important) - though the weekends are tougher for keeping that habit up.....

Do you work Tikerberi? Perhaps we can do a lunch sometime....

Write again soon and let me know how you guys are doing!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 20:34

BF:
Smile Greeting Mindy

I am starting the Atkins Diet on Dec 17th. Very hard to do right here at the Holidays. My daughter is getting married Feb 2nd. Relatives I've never met are coming in from out of state (husbands side).

I'm holding tons of water. I weigh 230.5 and am 5' 4". I need to keep the fats down to a minumum because my liver doesn't like high fat.

So please, please what can I eat for Breakfast besides grilled chicken and gr. veg. Can I have low carb tortillas on induction?

Any and ALL suggestions will be appreciated.

Will be waiting for your response. Irene Mansfield Oh
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 07:14

BF:

I'm not really an expert on induction - I didn't read the book....but from my understanding (and what I've heard) - induction is very strict - absolutely no more than 20 carb grams a day - and less if you can manage it....so that being said, I'm thinking the tortillas are out. You didn't mention eggs - you can have eggs until you're blue in the face - and be creative - mix in a few low carb veggies, mix in some meat (doesn't have to be bacon) - even mix in a little cream cheese!

Best of luck to you - I know this time of year is a rough time to start - I began the Friday before Thanksgiving, so I can relate....but as of today I've lost 15 pounds - and I'm just gonna keep on going!!!!!

#7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 08:21

BF:
Smile Good Morning NorthEast Ohioans

Well, I started the Atkins Diet this morning with 2 grilled chicken breast of which I only ate 1 1/2. I have my trusty hugh water cup at my side. I already want candy and cookies (snowball, cut out, candy cane) you know all the typical Christmas stuff.

I need a lot of support from you guys. Please talk to me today through out the day. I will check often to see if you sent me any thing (like a straight jacket) so I wont eat any thing illigal.

I hope you have an in control day too. I'll be praying for you.
Rosie2
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 08:29

BF:

Your biggest ally will be to get those "illegal" things out of sight.....and I know the first couple of days will be tough, but after that it gets really easy....that's what surprised me the most...I work in a large office and there is ALWAYS food around - but I'm not the least bit tempted - I'm always so full eating the stuff we can eat....I usually have the problem of getting enough calories....(too few calories can stall weight loss). Just remember what your goal is - and know that eating those things will take you further from it - is the moment of satisfaction worth that? I know you'll come up with the right answer.....

I'll be thinking of you!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 09:08

BF:
Unhappy Is the moment of Satisfaction Worth That????

You are so great Mindy

I hope I can remember your saying "Is the moment of satisfaction worth that" when I feel so tempted to eat sugar and high carb stuff.

Thank you for being here for me and leaving me with the above thought.

I have to go to work now but will be checking in later for a reply from you. Be strong and resist, that brings the victory. rosie2
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 09:12

BF:

I know you'll be fine -

You know what you need to do, so just stay on the path and you will make your dreams come true.....

Have fun at work (if that is possible) and check in with me later to tell me how you're doing.....

Mindy
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 18:18

BF:
Unhappy The sugar siduction

Well Mindy I haven't done very well since we last wrote.

I hope you are doing great and will lose some weight during the Holidays

rosie2
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 13:44

BF:

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you - I know this time of year is just full of temptations... But don't beat yourself up about it - just start again - and make a new resolution to stick with it....

I wish you the very merriest of holiday seasons....

Mindy
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 17:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/166/135
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Looking for local support group near Wooster, OH

Hi! I live in Wooster and I am looking for local support! Does anyone know of any Atkins or Low Carb support groups that meet in the Wooster/Akron/Canton/Millersburg/Ashland areas? I enjoy the online support but would really like to be a part of a group that meets once or twice a week...I can't even find an Overeaters Anonymous meeting in this area! Any suggestions? I have been sticking to the program but I have reached a plateau. I really need support right now, so I don't feel tempted to cheat or - worse yet - quit. Is there anyone else looking to meet other Low-Carbers in this area? Please contact me if you are!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default NE OHIO SNOWBELT LC FRIENDS

I'm from NE Ohio/Mayfield Heights and am looking for LC buddies. Could really use support.

jan
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 07:56

BF:
Default You've found a friend....

I work in Mayfield Heights! I live in Chardon though, but we could definitely do some lc lunches on occasion....

Do you work? If so, where?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mindy