Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Oct-13-05, 23:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%

Hi all Aussies...sorry I have'nt popped in to see how we are all going. The week just disappeared.
Tigger, with swiss ball I don't have a dvd bu the exercise class I go to do a full workout with it. I am not disaplined enought to do it on my own at home. Although just sitting on it watching TV and bouncing does some good
Nice to have lola123,Rosebud and ursul001 drop in. I also have a sister that is involved with this forum. Lola stay strong and you'll get the benefts you deserve from a good induction.
My family is going away for a few days so I shall drop back in next Wed. Have a lovely weekend and loose weight.....I shall try to be good on my hollies.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 20:58
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 202/176/126 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi everyone, things seem a bit quiet on the Aussie threads lately.

I had a big weekend with rellies staying and lots of socializing. I was good though. There was lots of yummy food and desserts to be had, but I made sure I had plenty of LC treats around and did fine.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Will talk again soon.
Happy LCing.
Caz
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 00:59

Plan: The Power of Protien
Stats: 171/163/143 Female 170cm
BF:35%
Progress: 29%

Hi Again All

I bought the ketostix but am not sure what I should be aiming for as far as a reading. I have heard that too dark is not good and others say that the darker the better. So I am a bit confused about that. I am still feeling ok, however have been craving certain things like vegemite toast! Weird the things you miss. You guys are all doing so well, very inspirational. i just want to walk around in summer without my legs rubbing together *lol*

lola
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 04:27
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 202/176/126 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Lola,
I know exactly what you're talking about. My partner and our family love to go camping and fishing and for the last 5 years I've always sat on the shore or stayed home because I was too embarassed by my size to go in the water.Hopefully this summer I will at least get into shorts and feel better about myself.And next summer....Look Out.
I have never used ketostix, I am losing weight so I guess I must be in ketosis. I wonder if I should get some and try them.
I think this forum is great. Signing up has been the best thing I've done since starting LCing this time.It's good to read other peoples experiences and advice and realise we are all aiming for the same goal. To be healthier and fitter and to feel good about ourselves. The support here is great.
Good Luck and Hang in There.
Caz
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 15:58

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

Morning fellow LCers

Not much to report on at this end. I have been strict lc'ing for 9 days now with no cheats at all. The headaches have stopped again which is good, means all that kindy chocolate is out of my system Am now sitting pretty close to 74kgs - its hard to get an accurate reading though, depends on how much boobie milk my little baby has had before i hop on the scales.

I dont think i will make it to 70kgs before the end of the month - probably was an unrealistic goal anyway, but I am positive i will get to the 70kg mark before my birthday at the end of next month.

Lola & Caz> I am another one who won't be hiding behind anything this summer. Although for the past 3 years i have been pregnant so i have always had a good excuse but not anymore. Getting lots of positive feedback from the people ino about my weight but I still feel like a fat pig. Maybe it is my TOM hormones reappearing after the birth of my son? not sure.

Keep up the good work everyone

How is everyone else going?
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 19:44
Registered Member

Stats: 215/205/140 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hee lll oooo! Anyone out there?

Catdog here, reporting another cheat free day. Had 10g 85% cocoa Lindt (2 carbs) and really enjoyed it! I asked earlier about the lc coconut cream pie but have had no response. Someone suggested I should be asking on a different thread but I beg to disagree - it was on this thread that I saw it as Pollyanna's 'treat' for reaching her goals. I did post but it seems to have either got lost in cyberspace or moved somewhere else without telling me? surely this can't happen??! Help, need some inspiration. Weight just sits and sits, clothes DON"T feel any looser, but I'm hanging in there are NOT cheating! Would appreciate some support here!
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 20:24

Catdog> I think it is an american thing the lc coconut pie. Have u done a search through the recipie section of this site? Perhaps they have it there.

I am keeping away from things like that, I would end up eating the whole thing in one sitting
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 20:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184.8/164.1/149.6 Female 165 cm  5' 4"
BF:>30%/19%/12%
Progress: 59%
Default Whoops.

Hey catdog, you posted the comment about the LC cream pie to pollyanna on my 30 day cheat free thread, not on this one!

The only reason I commented that you might get a quicker answer about the coconut cream pie on the general threads is that anyone reading them who know anything about the pies will see the title and you are much more likely to get a quick answer. Pollyanna may not look at my thread anymore, so may not see your question in there directed at her.

If you have a look at the other thread, you'll see that we all experience times where there is very little movement in either weight or measurements - but remember to not worry about it on a day to day basis, lets just concentrate on getting to the end of this 30 day cheat free, and take stock of where we are then compared to what we were like when we started.

It gets a bit hard to see the wood for the trees when you try to measure or weigh every day. It's much more positive when you get the chance to step back and see the overall SMALLER (couldn't say BIG there!) picture. Hope you get that play on words there.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 20:29

Catdog

I couldnt find the coconut pie but did find a recipie for a coconut cheesecake for u http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177891

HTH
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-05, 22:46

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 250/190/185 Male 6' 1"
BF:30+/16/15
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdog
Catdog here, reporting another cheat free day. Had 10g 85% cocoa Lindt (2 carbs) and really enjoyed it! I asked earlier about the lc coconut cream pie but have had no response. Someone suggested I should be asking on a different thread but I beg to disagree - it was on this thread that I saw it as Pollyanna's 'treat' for reaching her goals. I did post but it seems to have either got lost in cyberspace or moved somewhere else without telling me? surely this can't happen??! Help, need some inspiration. Weight just sits and sits, clothes DON"T feel any looser, but I'm hanging in there are NOT cheating! Would appreciate some support here!
Its difficult for anyone to offer suggestions if you don't provide some information! You might recall I suggested you post some menus and your exercise regime, Rosebud suggested you start a journal - whatever you do, we need more info! - and then we would be happy to help.

And if you want specific advice, don't bury it in a chat thread - start your own thread to ask questions or a journal and invite people to check on your details.

Cheers,

Malcolm
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 00:58

Catdog> I agree with what Malcom said. For us to help u it would help us to know what exactly u are eating and doing exercise wise. Without that info we can only guess please post some more info and we will gladly offer some advice
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 06:53
Registered Member

BF:

Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you, so much everybody. Tigger you did make me laugh about eating the whole pie! To tell the truth I'd throw it down the insinkerator to get it away from me, and just keep enough for two days. Thanks for the cheesecake recipe. Ursu, sorry about the confusion (mine) with the threads, I did get mixed up. I have been up all night for a number of days and nights now after my puppy got tick paralysis (she lived!) and was misdiagnosed by the vet as Parvo's virus (which kills), so I'm not my usual self - no sleep, etc, but do you know, after being off sugar for 4 weeks or more, I didn't hoe into the junk food or comfort eat at all!! Which for me is marvellous. Malcolm, thanks, I didn't realise I could start a new thread of my own to ask things especially. I have been keeping a food journal, didn't think to post it online (I'm new to this stuff, sorry if I sound like a dill. I can understand that it is lost in another thread) I will do exactly that tomorrow, and would love some feedback, I'll run through what I've been doing. It's amazing to think that kind of detailed help is available, thank you and to Tigger. What am amazing place, is cyber space. I look forward to moving upwards (and downwards) and onwards. Thanks Ursu, I get the word play, that one was for you. Have enjoyed your thread, and am still cheat free. At the risk of repeating myself endlessly, thanks everyone!. catdog
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 15:57

Default Got your recipe!

* Exported from MasterCook *

COCONUT CREAM PIE

Recipe By :Kathi
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : 5-10G Low Carb

Dessert Pies Tarts Trifles

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 eggs
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup splenda
1/2 cup soy flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup coconut flakes
1 tsp vanilla extract

Place all ingredients in blender at one time and blend until mixed together. Pour into a buttered 10-inch 260mm pie plate. Bake in a 350°F-180°oven for one hour. When done, crust will be on bottom, custard in middle and coconut on top.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 357 Calories; 34g Fat (82.0% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 191mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

I know this is quite high in carbs but i think i will make a quarter of the recipe so I won't be tempted to overeat. I have not tried it yet but it sounds yummy to me! We will see.
Sorry I have not been posting but I am struggling with WOE and have started induction again today.
Congratulations everyone, as you get closer to the 30 days. Marlene

Pollyanna posted this on my thread - but I thought I'd put it here for yout atdog, so that you found it soon.

YOU are doing brilliantly. I have a 7 month old puppy too, and I know how heartbreaking it can be when they get sick.

Keep it up.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Oct-18-05, 16:01

Catdog, I use Advantix for my dog - and this place (townsville) is littered with ticks - and he gets absolutely none. My neighbours dogs are covered in them literally.

I shop at this site for my vet products as they are significantly cheaper than buying elsewhere.

http://www.vetstop.com.au/shop/shop...ycategories.asp

I have two cats and a puppy, so it does save us money to buy this way. It costs about $30 a month to keep them all protected from everything.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Oct-19-05, 02:41
Registered Member

BF:
Default Usul, you're a (lo carb) honey!!

Thank you for the coconut cream pie, I am so embarrassed about how obsessed with the silly thing I was, that I'm not even in a hurry to make it now! I was so glad to hear from you, didn't realise how stressed I've been but yours was a kind post, and it brought tears to my eyes (sorry, I'm not usually like this it's lack of sleep. Did I tell you I had to feed the pup three (3!) mls of rehydration fluid EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR for 30 hours after she came home from the hospital?! Will use the Advantix for sure. The puppy was only 8 weeks and had never been away from our house. She was due to have her shots this week and I'd just heart-wormed and other wormed her and didn't think I'd better give her too much stuff at once. The worse thing was I told the vet I'd never seen a tick so didn't quite know what I was looking for yet, and perhaps it could be that (he didn't look). Never mind, all's well that ends well! lol. I've got my journal thingey and I think I need to put in a new thread but am not sure how yet (is it under New Posts?). This very exciting, pity I don't know what I'm doing yet! If you are in ketosis still, do you need to do induction again? Maybe it will give you the kickstart to do cheat free again. Are you cheat free today!??? It all counts! Good luck to everyone, hope you are all feeling good. Catdogqld (and new under one kilo weight puppy)