Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 17:40
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hoodia recipe? I thought you just swallow the stuff in capsules.

Yeah, I took it for several weeks. Either the stuff I bought was bad, or it just doesn't work on me. Besides, I really don't feel like my appetite needs mroe suppression than it current gets from eating high protein.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-05, 00:02
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Default Whoooooosh

I would like to wake up in the morning with a 3 lb loss.

::inch me, I think I'm dreaming:::
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 11:15
Registered Member

I started TOM this morning, so maybe my wish will come true! LOLOL!
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 11:21
Experimenter

BF:

*keeping fingers crossed for PG*

Yeah, I need my whooshie too. My TOM is over!
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 12:12

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend!

I got my TOM this week end so Ive been battling chocolate cravings! I tried the Hoodia and it doesnt work for me like the EC stack does. I was hungry again within the hour after taking the Hoodia and I was quite disappointed! Anyway, Im back into the groove and am quite interested in the asian noodles that was mentioned earlier. Im googling it right now and hopefully, it can damper my urges for pasta if I can learn how to cook it properly to my liking.
Everyone is doing wonderful!! Keep up the good work!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 12:32
Experimenter

BF:

Most people said they had to take the hoodia for a couple of weeks before it kciked in, if it kicked in.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 13:28
Registered Member

On the hoodia: I purchased 2 bottles and took them for 3 mo. I had no good affects. I was always hungry, and I swore it made me hungrier.

Lovely Rita is coming this way.... We're hoping that it slides south of Key West and out into the Gulf. Only problem is.... the projected path, once it gets into the Gulf, is towards Houston, Western LA.
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 13:48
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone! I just d/led the PSMF book. I am very interested in trying it out but have some questions. He says NF dairy, but does this include skim milk? He really doesnt say except where he says coffee no cream, I would think that is no milk. Reason I say this is because I have a protein shake in the morning with 1 cup of NF carb cntdn milk. Do you think this would be okay? It would probably be gross with just water.

Also, I would think I am in the category 1-2ish range b/c I workout and although by his calculations my BF % would be 27% I think I am leaner and that probably isnt correct. I ordered a BF caliper that I should be getting soon to clear that up. So he recommends no free meals or refeeds for cat 1 at all, but then 2 week break after 10-12 days..? Kinda confused on that part.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 13:49
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

Also, have any of you tried the yohimbe?
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 14:08
Experimenter

BF:

I think category 1 is pretty much for body builders who are "cutting"... i.e. getting ready for a competition and trying to get down to unreal body fats levels. But... I could be wrong. I gotta assume I'll never get to that point! I would assume it'd be counter-productive to refeed if you are, but I don't know.

I don't do refeeds, they make me ill. He says on his forum that if they don't agree with you, don't do them. Also, I've really toned down my free meal(s). Its now just slightly more calories and a bit more carbs. Not the face stuffing session I used to do. I felt like it was setting me back and reinforcing some bad behaviors. But then again, my reform has only been for a week so far.

I haven't tried yohimbe, after I got used to the diet I didn't really feel like I needed appetite suppression.

Yes, NF dairy includes skim milk. However, recently I've gone back to half&half for the coffee. Doesn't seem to have significantly slowed the weight loss and it makes my tongue much happier.

Ok, just so you know, I've tweaked this diet a lot to make it liveable for me. So take my advise with caution.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 14:31

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hey psmfers!

I saw 273 this am pre-potty trip and 272.2 afterwards... so I think I'm sticking with 272.2. I really need to get rid of this 2.2lbs by Wed to make an even 30 gone in 30 days

PG - LOVE the new avi. I hope Rita moves right on by you and dissolves. Damn hurricanes!

Hey UrbanZero... you look pretty lean in your avi. I'd be shocked if you were really 27% bf. I'm pretty sure you'd be a cat 1 dieter. It looks like you're really close to your goal already. I use Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee (black coffee is a crime!). I've also used Non-Fat milk. As long as skim milk is the same as Non-fat, you should be fine with it. Let us know if you decide to start the diet.

Hmmm the hoodia thing... I'm betting it works for some but not all. I'm not gonna bother with it. This diet kills my appetite. I have to remind myself to go eat. That's so crazy!

Last edited by CindyG : Mon, Sep-19-05 at 14:49.
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 15:04
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

Okay so I looked at it again. It says I am 27% BF and I am looking to be 24% BF, so I would still be within category 2.

Like I said though, I am getting a caliper and will know for sure then.

As far as Hoodia, I really didn't notice too much of a difference. It seems for breakfast I was always really hungry, but not as hungry for dinner. I don't take it any more.
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 15:08
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I haven't tried yohimbe, after I got used to the diet I didn't really feel like I needed appetite suppression.

I don;t think it was for appetite suppression, just that it helped releasing fatty deposits. It is marketed as a male enhancement pill as well as fat burner, lol.
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 15:14
Have A LC Margarita!

BF:

Sorry for all the questions, but does it really matter if you eat full fat if it's only a little bit? Like 1 slice of full fat instead of 1 cup fat free cheese, for example? If I eat full fat stuff but stay around 600 cals still what difference does it make?
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-05, 15:32

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

UrbanZero - the idea is to get the proper amount of protein that you need on this diet. The calories are specific to protein...not your entire days food. Anything else you add would just reduce the deficit for the day. Veggies don't count so make sure you get plenty of them. I don't think you'd seriously eat a C of cheese on this diet right well maybe NF Cottage Cheese. Tuna, chicken breast, egg beaters, nf cottage cheese are all good low fat protein options. I do eat about an once of ff cheese some days, just so I can something different, but I make sure the bulk of my protein requirements come from chicken and tuna.