Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 05:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/200/180 Male 6'1"
BF:15%
Progress: 85%
Talking Jell-O Whipped Creme Cheesey Goodness

I tried searching the forum to make sure that this recipe wasn't in here, and I didn't find it, so I am going to go ahead and post it. This recipe is the "low-carb" version of my favorite dessert that my mom used to make for me all the time when I would get sick. (which evidently, she wasn't doing me any favors). The great thing about this, it has almost no carbs in it at all. The only source of it would be the small amount in the cheese and the Splenda.

16oz Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 Boxes (0.3oz each) Jell-O Sugar Free Orange Flavor
1 Pint Whipping Creme
3 T Splenda

Place the 4 Packets of Jell-O in a sacepan and turn heat to medium, and add 4 C of water. Mix very well, and then bring to a partial boil until it is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and place in fridge (or freezer), until it is very lightly congeled. Make sure that it doesn't set. When I place it in the freezer, it only takes about a half hour before it is set enough to incorporate into the whipped creme. Once the Jell-O is set up enough, place the whipping creme into a bowl and whip until it is firm. Add 3-4T of Splenda (to taste). Add the shredded sharp chedder cheese, and then fold in the jell-o mixture. Place in a 8x8 baking dish and pop in the fridge until it is set up.
Enjoy.
This recipie originally had crushed pineapple in it and walnuts on the top of it, and was made with sugar instead but since I wanted it to be virtually carb-free, this a great way to enjoy something sweet. I am not a low-carb expert by any means, but have lost over a hundred pounds eating foods like this from my "induction" phase all the way up to now. Let me know how you guys like it. I have a bunch of recipes like this that I have found aren't on any of these forums that I will eventually post.
Later,
Aaron
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 05:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/169/139 Female 5ft3ins
BF:41.8%/39%/33%
Progress: 40%
Default jello recipe thank you

hi Aaron, I for one appreciate the recipe. Its similar to something my mum used to do, with fair dinkum sugar loaded jelly (don't know about the shredded cheese) i shall give it ago.
Look forward to the other recipes.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 07:14
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I've made the jello base, and then I've folded in a whipped cream/cream cheese fluff, chopped pecans, and unsweetened shredded coconut.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 17:47
Registered Member

Stats: 291/215/150 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress:

This sounds really good. Could shredded jacima be folded in to kind of imitate the crushed pineapple? I find that jello can be good for those times that you want someting sweet. I have also found using Koolaid (just the powder) with unflavored gelatin and sweetening with Splenda and erhythritol can give you some more flavor options. I especially love grape jello (made with grape koolaid and 2 packets of unflavored gelatine and about 1/2 cup splenda and erhythritol mixed) is very good. You can add whatever else you want.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 12:32
Registered Member

Stats: 232/167/135 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

My Mom used to make something like this but she used cottage cheese instead of cheddar. I can't imagine what it would be like with cheddar but I can't wait to try it! Thanks for posting!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-29-06, 10:02

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

will have to try this also.sue
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 16:00

Plan: Atkins & SB Diet
Stats: 185/172/145 Female 5 4.5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymagoo
will have to try this also.sue

Me too
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 15:40

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Has anyone tried this with the cheddar?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 16:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardon
hi Aaron, I for one appreciate the recipe. Its similar to something my mum used to do, with fair dinkum sugar loaded jelly (don't know about the shredded cheese) i shall give it ago.
Look forward to the other recipes.

LOL! that sent me googling. Apparently "fair dinkum" means "real" or "true".
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-07-08, 16:36

Plan: Mostly General
Stats: 235/235/170 Female 5 ft 4
BF:
Progress: 0%

ooooo, all those sound great. I may make some for mother's day for my mom. I love all the versions listed. I'm going to have to try them all.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 21:58

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i have not tried this yet but i will at christmas time. sue