Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 15:10

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sue that would be AWESOME!!!!

I actually lucked out and found www.lowcarbfooddepot.com They had lots of LC food (sadly, no PB which is what I REALLY wanted lol) and it's an online store. They have Carb Quick and I keep hearing about recipes for it so I decided to buy that along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

The deal is if you spend $100, then shipping within Canada is FREE! That means ALOT when you live in the Arctic! Because usually shipping is a ridiculous amount.

So I spent about $106.00 on LC stuff and it's being sent to me free. Thank goodness, more options for foods!

I can't wait to try the biscuit mix with some zero carb strawberry jam and butter!!!! I'm drooling thinking about it lol.

What a kind and sweet offer! If you can do this, I can send you a money order or something for the total!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 16:12

Plan: SB
Stats: 205/176/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hang in there, Jas50!! You can do this - we'll be here for support tomorrow, next week and longer if need be! This long weekend will be a test for most of us I'm thinking! I'm on my way to Red Deer to visit my sister & family, so I know there will be lots of food - there always is at a family gathering of ours! I'll just have to make sure to get in lots of walking.
Misskimbee, please post once you try that Carbquick! I'm leary of getting some because it may be too good...if you know what I mean! I'm finding that since I went back to the basic way of preparing and eating foods (very close to induction) I've lost another 2 pounds this week. I'm hoping for 4 gone, but I'm giving the scales another day to produce the same number as it did today - then I'll change my stats!
Taming & dashykathy, Welcome!! I'm on my way to your 'neck of the woods' on Saturday. Heading to the Farmer's Market hoping to pick up some fresh vegetables and see what else they have there. I love the Red Deer market - it's always got a lot of good fruits, vegetables and crafts. My sister is also planning on going to some garage sales while I'm there, so who knows what treasures I'll find!!
Sue
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 17:33
Still Wicked

Plan: none currently (WFPB now)
Stats: 235/112/120 Female 151 cm (4.11 1/2)
BF:
Progress: 107%

The natty PB at Walmart and the President's Choice natty are both as low as the carb options--without any artificial sweeteners.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 06:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi all,
My internet has been down so I was off the radar when this thread started. I was born in Edmonton but now live in the Hat. Fell off the wagon this week and have been gorging on chocolate, ice cream and cheesecake! Have to go back on to induction after my cousin goes back to England. Great to see a more active Alberta thread!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

I don't know how low carb this might be - I make my own peanut butter. Just buy unshelled, unsalted peanuts, shell them, put them in a blender and that's all it takes. No salt, no sugar, nothing. It's stronger tasting so you don't need as much of it but it's really, really good. I did that when my husband had heart surgery and now has to avoid trans fats.

I hope everyone has a great long weekend. I'm working today/tomorrow so will definitely enjoy Monday - going to Red Deer to do some shopping.

dashykathy
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 11:52

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 174/170/160 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Soon to be an Albertan

Kathy: I was wondering what homemade PB was like. Do you take the pink/red skin off?

I hope you don't mind me joining your thread. I live in the UK but my husband has got a job in Calgary and we will be joining him in September. It is a new life starting for us and we are really looking forward to it. I have two daughters aged 15 and 16.

I want to learn where all the locarb foods are so I can carry on this WOE.
Talk to you all soon
Louise
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 16:30

Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Louise - welcome - soon to be an Albertan!

Well, I gained a few this weekend but naturally I was off for 4 days with no legal eats! Back to the grind now! How was everyone else's weekend?

Our fishing trip was great - we caught Lake Trout - first time for me! Brought one home so that I can bake it or barbecue it!!

dashykathy - peanut butter sounds awesome - do you just mix it with a little water?

Hi Brian, carrotop, teddymom, taming, Misskimbee - catch you all tomorrow!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 11:35

BF:

Hello everyone - and welcome to all our new Alberta Cuties!! Glad you've joined us!
Had a great time in Red Deer & Drayton Valley over the weekend visiting family, but strayed off program a tiny bit! But I did get lots of walks in, so it must have balanced out because I haven't gained or lost anything (whew!!).
I'm heading over to the World Health Club tonight with my sister because we each got a 1-month free membership for doing the Mother's Day walk. I'm so excited - I've never even been inside one of these places but always wanted to go. I know it's too expensive for me to actually pay for a membership, so I'm planning on using my free one to the max!!!
Another cloudy, coolish day here (must be because the Queen is still here ) but the forecast is looking great for the rest of the week and the weekend! Great for walking.
Sue
  #24   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 11:42

BF:
Question Low Carb Milk

Quick question for anyone.......I've looked at Safeway & Sobey's for Low Carb milk - have you seen it anywhere in your area?? I'm pretty sure Beatrice does make it, I just haven't seen it anywhere.
Thanks!!!
Sue
  #25   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/156/124 Female 5'1"
BF:BMI 38.5/30/23.4
Progress: 60%

I've seen the LC milk at Walmart. I don't know if anywhere else in the Edmonton area has it because I bought it, tried it and found it to be too sweet for my liking. Something I can live without so I don't look for it anymore.

Hi all, I live near Edmonton and am hoping to get into the city and buy some stuff at the Low Carb store. My parents liked the one in Calgary, but apparently it closed. Anyone know of any good stores in Calgary for stuff like DaVinci syrups?
  #26   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 15:05

BF:

Thanks, Kagior - I'll check out Walmart maybe tonight. I basically want it for my latte's!
And Welcome to our Cuties group! You will find lots of LC items (including the Torani & DaVinci syrups) at the Low Carb Gallery here in Edmonton.
Sue
  #27   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 19:06
Registered Member

Plan: ---
Stats: ---/---/--- Female ---
BF:
Progress:

Sounds like people have had a good weekend - and that's great to hear.

Louise - yes, you take the red/pinky stuff off and just throw the peanuts in a blender. It's really neat to watch it turn into peanut butter - amazing how much oil is in peanuts!! Oh - btw - you will need to keep it in the fridge cuz there aren't any trans fats in it when it's homemade Calgary is a beautiful city - it's about an hr. from where I live.

Kathy
  #28   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 04:27

BF:
Default Homemade Peanut Butter

DashyKathy - I made it last night. It was great. I made some satays, with some pork loin that i had defrosted. Added a bit of garlic and sesame oil to the mix for a great sauce.
We are hoping to live in Cochrane. My husband is looking for rented accomodation for when we arrive. Then we will buy.
What town are you from? You must start a journal so we can keep in touch. You haven't filled in much of your profile either.

Hello others, Are there any lowcarb products available in Cochrane or do i need to go to the cities.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 10:57

Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Welcome Trunky! Are you a Canadian just living in UK? Cochrane will be a lot cheaper than Calgary but I am not sure if it would have lots of low carb!

I did good last night but today I have to go to lunch so will have to stick to my diet.

BBL
  #30   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 12:05

BF:

No i'm British but we are emigrating toCanada. My husband already has a job in Calgary and we (me and the kids) will follow in August.