Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 08:57
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Welcome wisdomom & luckiestar & pbellepaig:

I'm glad you guys joined this forum, you'll get lots of support here. If you haven't already, I recommend going in under the support forum, under My journal/bootcamp and starting your own journal. You will get more support there, and you can also read others journals, get some recipe ideas, and follow along with their success.

Welcome again.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 177/166/135
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Hey All Okie's Out There

I noticed that noone has been on this thread in a while but I noticed it this morning and like the idea that I'm not alone in this big state of Oklahoma.

Hello. I live in the big city of OKC. I just started LCing a week or so ago. I stumbled on this forum looking for info on the LC WOE. An acquantance of mine did this over a year ago and dropped at least 100 pounds in just a few months. NO NO NO I'm not that delusional to think this is typical. I just want to loose my weight gradually. I have however lost 4 pounds in that week or so. Boy was that first few days tough. I started a journal but have a bad habit of not listing my food intake.

Good luck to the rest of the Okies out here.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/217/160
BF:
Talking Hello from Sapulpa

I am bad, bad, bad. I quit doing the low carb - I need to get back into it. I can't seem to get my mind set.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 21:49

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Talking I'm an Okie!

I was born in Stillwater, raised in Florida, graduated HS in Blackwell, and am currently living in California (ugh) with my husband. We're moving back to Enid pretty soon, so it would be great to have someone to chat with about LC'ing!

Have a great day, "ya'll".
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 07:23
Registered Member

BF:

Spongebutt,
I know exactly where Enid is. My son has had a few wrestling tournaments there. As a matter of fact we will be there in July for the Nationals.
I'm surprised to here you are ready to get back to OK. Most everyone I here are ready to get out. Personally, I was born and raised here and I happen to LOVE it.
My husband and I are about to start looking in Mustang for some land to build a house on. Want to let out little ones run wild where we don't have to worry about them.

Glad to here you're doing well on the diet. Can't wait until I'm just a few pounds from my goal. I could say it's baby weight, but my youngest is 10 and I was smaller after I had him than I am now. So I thought I would try this l/c thing and it seems to be working pretty well.

Good luck getting those final pounds off. That's the best reward.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 21:04

Stats: 117/107/100
BF:
Progress: 59%
Talking Enid Here!

HI ALL!! I'm in Enid, I just started LC last Sunday and have lost about 3lbs. I'm glad to see people from around here, we moved from Washington state and I don't know anyone around here. So, HI!!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 21:24

Stats: 236/175/130
BF:Ah, nuts
Progress: 58%
Default Shawnee Resident

Well, as I told some of my professors, I'm neither Sooner born nor Sooner Bred, but I happily married a life long OKie, and I settled here with him. I live in Shawnee now.

I've actually thought an awful lot about having a low-carb barbecue/party. I'd love to meet some of the others of us, encourage each other as we see we aren't alone in our state or even town... If anyone would be interested in helping plan or even just being involved in a central OK LC "barbecue", please let me know. I'm busy in school, but I'd love to be a part of one.

And I've found that small requests make most restaurants work for me. For instance, I went to Chili's and got one of the steaks, but I had them leave it off the garlic toast and got the grilled veggies in place of anything else on the "side". I've also gotten the mushroom jack fajitas and have them hold the tortillas. IHOP, I ask them to substitute a veggie, or else just ask them to hold the pancakes. I ate at a Mexican place and 1) found that I could order just the fajita filler without any of the other stuff, and 2) If I hadn't done that, I was just going to give the rest of my stuff to other diners at my table (it was ladies' night out). I had my fill, I shared with others, I enjoyed people's company, and while I was aware of what I ate, I didn't have to worry about it.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 11:30
Registered Member

BF:
Default Okie Party

Heather,

Okay, I'll let it slide that you are not Okie born and bred.

I think that is an excellent idea, a central OK barbeque (sp?). Shawnee isn't that far for me. I'm OKC. I also have a few friends who l/c and would come too.

I'm always intrigued with the other Okies who are l/cing and their progress. So I have to admit, I went through your journal. I'm very impressed. I hope to have as much success as you have had.

My encouragement came from my family. I have two very small built children and a step daughter who just had a child. OK 1. My husband decided he too was overweight. In just a few months he went from 210 to 160. (he's only 5'7" to begin with) 2. After that I decided I didn't want to be the only fat one in my immediate family. 3. My step-daughter just had a baby, and I didn't want to be the FAT grandma. 4.My grandmother died and I didn't have a dark or appropriate dress, so I borrowed one from my mother. My mother has always had a weight problem. My aunt made the comment, "I never thought I would see the day when you would be big enough to share clothes with my sister." THAT DID IT. I had been fat long enough.

I made my decision and I've stuck with it so far.

Goin', goin', the numbers on the scale keep goin' - down.

Until next time.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/216/145
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile Hi

i'm from the Tulsa area too! it's nice to see others from the same area doing the same thing i am.

dawn
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 17:24

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 225/175/148
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Glad to see some more of us from T Town!

Dawn b,

How is lc going for you?

I'm still hanging in there!

Julie Kelly
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 10:50

Stats: 227/220/150
BF:
Progress:

OK, I have been very bad. I stopped the LC all together. I got the flu and then got a respiratory virus and just stopped everything. Now that I am better (except 2 fractured ribs from all the coughing) I am about 8 pounds more than I was. So, I am starting again on Sunday, 7-21-02. Please, please, please send me any tips and support that you can. I am so depressed about my weight. My daughter's birthday is today. She is 5 years old. I am a single mother (we adopted this precious little one as a baby and then the husband decided that he didn't want to be a father). We have never had our picture made together because I hate the way that I look. And I also have diabetes, so I know that this way of life will do me nothing but good! So, I really need some support. I am in OKC, work full-time, and Mommy full-time. So, anything you all can give me for ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 11:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up

pbellepaig---

Hang in there! We're all rooting for you.

Sometimes the going gets rough, but keep going and the road to weight loss gets smoother and smoother. Before you know it, you'll be at your goal and so very, very proud of yourself.
You have the motivation; go for it!

Everyone has setbacks from time to time. There isn't anyone on here that hasn't had a stall, plateau, or backslide of some kind. But with hard work, determination, and perseverance you can do it!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 13:09
Registered Member

Stats: 225/216/145
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default juliekelly

i'm doing okay. a little disappointed in the weightloss. if i lose this little the first two weeks it looks like a looooooooong way to get even to 199. *sigh*. i'll just keep plugging along tho!

dawn
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 15:59

Stats: 236/175/130
BF:Ah, nuts
Progress: 58%
Default Recipe for you

This is easy, yummy, and fairly inexpensive.
Low-Carb Breakfast Meatloaf
2 pounds ground meats
3-4 eggs, depending on size
2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 cup grated Parmesan (I use the canned kind)
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 package chopped spinach, thawed and drained

Mix well, shape into loaves or fill muffin tins. bake 1 hour at 350 for loaves, or 45 minutes for "muffins". Makes 8 servings (or 16 muffins) at about 1 gram of carbs per serving. You can freeze individual serving; I thaw them in the microwave for about 5 minutes on power level 3, then full power for about a minute to warm them through. They're good for any meal, tasty. Hope that helps!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 16:42

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 225/175/148
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default dawn b

Dawn B

Keep the faith! I have been lc for 7 months and I have lost 40 pounds. You may have to tweek things a little. You'll get it! Just stick with it. It's worth it, I promise!

Julie Kelly