Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 05:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
Can you add a food category for vitamin & mineral supplements? thx.

Done, called "Supplements"

However, it's currently empty. So if anyone has made some accurate custom entries, please let me know, and I'll make the custom items "public", so they will be visible in the search function for everyone.

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 06:33
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa'il
So if anyone has made some accurate custom entries, please let me know, and I'll make the custom items "public", so they will be visible in the search function for everyone.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I entered my protein powder (Designer Whey, a pretty popular brand) as a supplement. You're welcome to it, if you want.

Request: On the daily view, at each meal entered, you have the name of the meal, and then next to that, the totals for the meal of P,C,F, etc. At one point, a few days (weeks?) ago, you had also included the headings (Pro, Carb, Fat, etc.) with each total per meal. I noticed you took them away, and when I get towards the end of the day, and I want to view where I am, say, protein-wise, I can never remember which column it is, and have to scroll ALL the way up to the top to get it. (I know, such a hardship, right?) But if you had it once, I'm wondering (hoping) you can add it back in.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:07
muscle bound

Can you tell I am glued to the computer with a sleeping baby on my lap?
Another request: I'm entering all my exercises into the exercise log. Is it possible to change the default of "none" (under exercise: ) to that of most recently used? I usually do 2 or 3 of the same exercises, especially the cardio......just another little thing to make data entering easier.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:52
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane
Request: On the daily view, at each meal entered, you have the name of the meal, and then next to that, the totals for the meal of P,C,F, etc. At one point, a few days (weeks?) ago, you had also included the headings (Pro, Carb, Fat, etc.) with each total per meal. I noticed you took them away, and when I get towards the end of the day, and I want to view where I am, say, protein-wise, I can never remember which column it is, and have to scroll ALL the way up to the top to get it. (I know, such a hardship, right?) But if you had it once, I'm wondering (hoping) you can add it back in.

The problem is that adding a header for each meal makes the display quite long and require a lot of scrolling.

Maybe we can add a buttom row to help out.

Wa'il
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:52
Forum Founder

Quote:
Can you tell I am glued to the computer with a sleeping baby on my lap?
Another request: I'm entering all my exercises into the exercise log. Is it possible to change the default of "none" (under exercise: ) to that of most recently used? I usually do 2 or 3 of the same exercises, especially the cardio......just another little thing to make data entering easier.

Excellent idea

Wa'il
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 10:56
muscle bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Maybe we can add a buttom row to help out.

Yeah, that'd be good!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 20:03
Beach Bum

Plan: da Beach looking for Sun
Stats: 250/229.5/163 Female 5ft 5in
BF:not/ahot/clue
Progress: 24%

Hi Wa'il,
I have a suggestion. In the drop down box (at the bottom of the list for the days meals) that offers to add to favourites, add to recipe ingredients or delete - can you add "move the highlighted item(s) to a different meal"? I guess keep putting stuff for the wrong meal and it would be easier than deleting it, then adding it to the right meal.

Thanks,

Steph
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 21:16
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
Hi Wa'il,
I have a suggestion. In the drop down box (at the bottom of the list for the days meals) that offers to add to favourites, add to recipe ingredients or delete - can you add "move the highlighted item(s) to a different meal"? I guess keep putting stuff for the wrong meal and it would be easier than deleting it, then adding it to the right meal.

Sounds useful, I'll add it to the feature list

Wa'il
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 02:40
muscle bound

Morning,
Something I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting (probably because it's nit-picky, sorry)....... while entering foods in the daily page, I use the "Search for" box pretty frequently. When it gives me the results, I am always brought back to the top of the page, and must then scroll down to the results box. Is it possible for it to return me directly to the results, instead of the top of the page? ie back to the same spot I was?
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 04:54

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Hi Wa'il, Now that I've used the new tool for 2 weeks, there's one thing I'm really missing... the ability to see my averages for a period of time. So the average carbs, calories, etc for a selected range of days. At minimum, could you create a weekly summary screen, modelled after the daily summary? It would probably be better, though, if I could select the range of days I want summarized. thanks!
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 07:07
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
Hi Wa'il, Now that I've used the new tool for 2 weeks, there's one thing I'm really missing... the ability to see my averages for a period of time. So the average carbs, calories, etc for a selected range of days. At minimum, could you create a weekly summary screen, modelled after the daily summary? It would probably be better, though, if I could select the range of days I want summarized. thanks!

Yes, this is in the plans, among other reports and charts to come

Quote:
Morning,
Something I've been meaning to ask and keep forgetting (probably because it's nit-picky, sorry)....... while entering foods in the daily page, I use the "Search for" box pretty frequently. When it gives me the results, I am always brought back to the top of the page, and must then scroll down to the results box. Is it possible for it to return me directly to the results, instead of the top of the page? ie back to the same spot I was?

I'll see what I can do

Wa'il
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 04:18
muscle bound

It's me again. I noticed on the Daily Summary page, in the Nutrition Facts column, at the end of the nutrients, there is an entry for water, and an amount in cups. I assume this means the amount of water present in my foods consumed? Regardless, I was wondering if there's a way we can add the amount of water we drink a day, too, to keep track. A few of my journal buddies and I are counting right now..... this could be a useful feature.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 06:31
Forum Founder

Quote:
It's me again. I noticed on the Daily Summary page, in the Nutrition Facts column, at the end of the nutrients, there is an entry for water, and an amount in cups. I assume this means the amount of water present in my foods consumed? Regardless, I was wondering if there's a way we can add the amount of water we drink a day, too, to keep track. A few of my journal buddies and I are counting right now..... this could be a useful feature.

That's a good idea.

So the result should be shown for items that are define as water. Not tea, coffee or any other liquid.

There are several water items in the database, municipale, spring and Perrier.

We can use those, but it can get confusing if members start to create their own custom water items, and the PT will not know to count them.

Or maybe water should be a special entry field, marked clearly as water on the form in the daily entry page, and members should put in the number of glasses...

I'll think more about it, but would like to hear what others thing..

Wa'il
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 13:40
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi Wa'il. Good suggestions from everyone. I have a small request: after using the search tool, it would be handy if another search box would appear on the results page. That would save hitting the 'back' button if you know you have to search over again.

I also second this one of Dane's:
Quote:
3) When finding an item after doing a general search, the only options for selecting an item are to "Add it to Favorites", or "Add to Recipe Ingredients". How about an option to "Add to daily menu"?

That would save quite a few 'clicks'.

PS - Wa'il, this tracker is turning into something better than what I'm getting out of FitdayPC. If you whipped up a home version of this, you'd have buyers!
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 13:49
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi Wa'il. Good suggestions from everyone. I have a small request: after using the search tool, it would be handy if another search box would appear on the results page. That would save hitting the 'back' button if you know you have to search over again.

Not sure which of the 3 search boxes to put in there. A simple search box with a category list might be the easiest, I guess.

Quote:
I also second this one of Dane's:
Quote:
3) When finding an item after doing a general search, the only options for selecting an item are to "Add it to Favorites", or "Add to Recipe Ingredients". How about an option to "Add to daily menu"?

That would save quite a few 'clicks'.

I'm not sure it would. It would be hard to figure where to add it, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. We can add a drop down menu to specify the meal, but it would be confusing, as the meal name does not apply to the other options. Or, the options can say "Add to today's breakfast, add to today's snack 1, add to ....., But then the menu will have 6 meal options, plus the two already there. It's doable, but might be too cluttered.