Originally Posted by tamarian
When you say should be 467, is that 467 the daily total shown on the daily total, buttom row? Did you click the pie chart from the bottom row? Pie chart on the meal rows only count totals for that meal.
Yes, if you look at "Day Total" on the daily view from yesterday (1/22) it's 1947. Then click on that same row's pie chart and it shows 2299.
I just looked at each day for the past week and see similar discrepancies. So it's not just yesterday. Some days it's only 1 calorie difference, others just a few calories difference. I'll continue to monitor as I enter today's foods and see if I can pinpoint what item might be causing it.
Edited to add: Ok, this is weird. You are going to need the exact steps. I was trying to duplicate it and got mixed results. So I started over and logged each step here:
1. click on today's view (it's empty when I started).
2. click on yesterday's date on the calendar to bring up yesterday's daily view.
3. click on the name of the food item (Coffee, brewed from grounds, prepared with tap water) to bring up the nutritional view.
4. change serving size to one cup in the drop down.
5. click on add to this day's intake for meal 1.
6. go back 2 screens using the browser's back button.
7. click on the name of the food item (Coffee, brewed from grounds, prepared with tap water, decaffeinated) to bring up the nutritional view.
8. change serving size to one cup in the drop down.
9. click on add to this day's intake for meal 1.
at this point it shows 2 calories for the day total and all that is listed are the 2 enteries, each with one cup.
10. click on the pie chart for the day totals.
It shows 1 calorie instead of 2.
I tried a few more ways and can get discrepancies. I set it up for you in my account for Jan 31 and Feb 2 so you can see the problem.
Edited to add more: Ok, I may have found a clue. I was adding my next item and found out this: If I go to the nutritional screen and change serving size from 100 grams to 1 cup, but DON"T click re-calculate nutrients and then add it to today's intake, then on the daily view, it's showing 1 cup for the serving size, but the calorie count is showing as if it was 100 grams. If I then update the serving size to reflect the correct amount, it shows it correctly on the daily view, but when I hit the pie chart it's still showing the calorie count as if it was the 100 grams. So the pie chart screen isn't updating based on what's actually showing on the daily view screen.
I think when someone changes the serving size on the nutritional view screen without hitting the recalculate button, then when they hit add it to today's foods, it needs to automatically do the recalculation when it adds it. If you can't do this recalculation, then it needs to be added to the daily view with the 100 grams, rather than the 1 cup.