Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 04:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

the geek that I am, I actually weigh myself nearly everyday and put the weight into an Excel sheet.... (I have little graphs and everything)
I was bored yesterday and started playing around with it and figured out that in the nearly 6 months on Atkins I actually lost 30 kg, but unfortunately also gained 20 kg, leaving me with my net loss of 10 kg ;-)

I'd say 10 kg of the ones that were lost and gained were probably caused by little high carb escapades and Christmas and the other 10 kg just the normal weight fluctuations caused by water, etc...

Damn high carb escapades and Christmas!!!!

Gagalina
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 14:10

Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi gaggy I'm back after my long break, back to induction now, The excel thing seems fun must try it myself. start of induction the 24th Jan
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 06:46

BF:

Hi Dumbletore,

glad to have you back!! How long were you gone for?

In the last week I actually gained a pound ;-( Overall I think the calories were just too high. I discovered Mascarpone and my love for it (mixed with splenda and cocoa powder) amongst other things.
I'll try to barr it this week and do a clean week. I got some Atkins Accel tablets (half price in Boots St. Stephen's Green shopping center, and got a free Atkins Caramel bar), so since this is the weight that I was stuck on before Christmas, if it doesnt shift - even a little bit - I'll give it a try for next week.

How has everybody else been doing??

Gagalina
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 16:15

Plan: atkins/under 20 gr per da
Stats: 154/133/129 Female 5 8
BF:22
Progress: 84%
Cool

Hi guys,

Am so confused and fed up and mad with myself. Is it true that when you are on and off atkins that it does not really work anymore. Family was lecturing me AGAIN about the bad effects of atkins and came off it. Am back on again. Need to keep weight off. Jeans were really tight this morning so just put on the safe tracksuit. Hope it works. Not feeling the energy levels normally associated with the first few days of atkins. Please help.

Aoife
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 07:10

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%

From what I read on the boards/in books, it's not good to keep confusing your metabolism by chopping and changing. This is a way of life and you need to be convinced that it's right for you if you are to be happy to stay with it for the long haul. I'm convinced that it works for me - maybe you might read up some more so that you can muster the arguments for yourself first and then you won't feel so vulnerable when your family attack it. Losing weight healthily without hunger and keeping it off is a great way of having the last word!
Babs
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 14:29

BF:

Hey Everybody,

well, I fell off the wagon big time on tuesday, havent got a clue what happened and I just couldnt get back on again until today.... Ashamed and disgusted really, I just ate whatever I saw and wanted, no stopping me even if I was completely stuffed. I was feeling a bit down, with January beeing a horrible month, breaking up with the boyfriend and things like that, I just didnt care what I was putting into my mouth!! Just hope that never happens again cause I felt rotten!!

I agree with you Babs and Aoife, getting on and off Atkins is not good, your metablism just gets thrown around and that is what I've been doing since just before Christmas, so gotta be strong and get my act together!!! I like LC, just have to be kept away from temptation ;-) (It all started when my flatmate brought some swiss chocolate with her from home)

Not a lot of people know that I am on Atkins... One girl at work and the ex boyfriend, and of course my Lowcarber friends here ;-) I think there would be a few discussions about atkins and I'm not really good at remembering all the facts about why this way of eating is better. Although I have to say all the people at work always look at my lunch saying "oh that looks healthy"

Anyway, do what you feel is best, it's your body - so your decision.

Gagalina
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 11:39

BF:

Whoopee I'm back on track Induction again, Stared yesterday morning and back on track after about 6 months off it. I started Atkins last January and with a lot of success and lost nearly 3 stone over six months but fell back into eating as before, I don't regret falling back into my old routine because I enjoy my food, but at this stage enoughs enough and I going to lose it all again (He says to himself).
This time I' going to make a few changes, by increasing my excersize routine because I've joined a gym but I like the Atkins diet and it is possible to stick to it because I've done it before so hopefully I'll do it again.

One mistake I've started with is that I'm going to spain for a week in Feb just after my induction peroid, ah well least I've started.

I'll posting alot more frequently now
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 22:10

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I popped in and checked out your board, I'm from the U.S. and have Irish roots, LOTS of Irish roots, so the Ireland board has been screaming at me every time I check our site and just decided to check you out. I'd love to join, but I don't know if you only want people from Ireland, I know some of our products are different, but I recognized many of yours from reading your threads. Take care. Rebecca from Bellbrook,Ohio, USA
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:54

BF:

Rebecca have you any Irish in you?
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 09:13

BF:

Hi Rebecca and Dumbletore,

glad to have ye on board ;-)

How's your induction going so far Dumbletore? I started again on monday, and so far so good... Just have to make sure there is no temptation and enough of LC food in the house.

Welcome Rebecca, you dont have to be in Ireland to join - as long as you have Irish roots ;-)
How long have you been on Atkins and what stage are you doing?

keep up the good work everybody!!

Gagalina
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 16:26

Plan: atkins/under 20 gr per da
Stats: 154/133/129 Female 5 8
BF:22
Progress: 84%
Cool

Dear Gagalina,

Glad to hear that i am not the only person having problems sticking to the atkins diet. The nerd that i am i have put up a poster on the kitchen presses listing the foods i can eat and all about drinking water during the day. Boots are having 3 for 2 offer on all atkins products. They are also bringing out their own line of low carb high protein bars and drinks. Bought 12 bars today! and was mortified walking up to the check out desk with people staring. It only worked out at 11.60 for all 12 bars!

Have stuck to atkins since last wednesday and am doing ok but NO WEIGHT LOSS. Used the urine ketone strips and am in ketosis so weight loss will happen soon, i hope.

Congratulations on getting back onto atkins.

Aoife
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 22:27

BF:

I am Rebecca from USA and yes, my father's incesters was from Ireland. Great grandma and great grandpa came to US from Limerick, actually, great grandma was born in Dublin and moved sometime in her youth to France, then they teamed up together somewhere and came to USA, had grandpa and then he discovered grandma and made my daddy, which I think was the most wonderful man that walked the face of this earth.... til I discovered my husband. When I was little I wanted to marry my dad, found out that I couldn't (due to a jelous mother, lol. JUst kidding, when I was a little girl that thought I could marry her daddy,found out that I couldn't, so I looked further for my prince charming and found a wonderful man that could meet up to my expectations. DARN the father that put his son in law through such obsticles. My hubby has LOTS of IRISH in him, we had a daughter between us (still with her daddy after 27 years and she's getting married June 11) and am still in love with him. So can I please, please, please join your post????
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 22:28

BF:

P.S. I am doing Atkins and have 50 to lose for the wedding. At least 25 to make me feel really good.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 03:40

BF:

Hi Aoife,

glad to be back on Atkins, so much more fun. I found Carb Options Ketchup, BBQ Sauce and Mayonnaise in Tesco yesterday. I think it was about 4 euro per litre, so about 2.25 per bottle. I got the BBQ sauce at 8g of carbs and had it with some chicken and lettuce for dinner yesterday, mmmmhhhh

Everytime I'm in Boots (Hi Rebecca, Boots is a big drugstore over here) I wanna buy soo much since its soo cheap, but if I have the food around, I will just eat it, so the last time only bought the vitamins and one bar. Boots is coming out with their own range, cool, although I try to stay away from these things and try to be a bit more "less processed foods".
In my room I have some pics of a thinner me on the wall and next to the door at eye heigt, so when I leave the room I can look at the thinner self and remember to stick to it. Half the time I eat too much I just simply forget that I actually really really wanna loose some weight, so I think I'll put up a big note in the kitchen also and maybe some more in my room.

Where do you get the Keto sticks from?

Are you back on induction?

Hey Rebecca,

Welcome to the Mad House ;-)

Don't worry about marrying your Dad, when I was little I wanted to marry my dog - an absolutely lovely Labrador called Tinker ;-)

Congrats to your daughter getting married and I have no doubt that you'll be able to shift a good bit of weight by June!! Just stick to the rules and don't let the carbs take over (which happens to me every now and again, but I'm trying to improve)

take care everyone!!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 05:34

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagalina
Where do you get the Keto sticks from?

All chemists have them, even your favorite Boots!!. Their normally behind the counter( Don't know why its not like you can overdose on them). I don't don't bother with them anymore but their a good indicator if there ketones in your piss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagalina
when I was little I wanted to marry my dog - an absolutely lovely Labrador called Tinker ;-)

Thats a bit sick maybe you should join the Jerry Spinger forum