Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 17:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default No flour chocolate cake

I've been checking this website for over a year for new low carb recipes. But I never registed. (Pure laziness) But I had to finally give in so I could let everyone know about this fabulous recipe. I seen this on Martha Stewart Living over a year ago (she used regular chocolate bars) and it's amazing.

No Flour Chocolate Cake

6 eggs separated
8 low carb chocolate bars (dark Chocolate) I used milk choc. once and it didn't come out the same, more like pudding.
1 stick butter
splenda

take butter and chocolate and melt it in the microwave. After it's melted stir it until the choc and butter combine together. Set aside, stiffen the egg whites with a mixer. Once stiff peaks appear sprinkle in 3 or 4 splenda packets, continue to mix until splenda is evenly distributed.
Take the choc mixture and one by one add in the 6 egg yolks, stirring quick so you don't cook the eggs. Once that's done, add the choc mixture to the egg whites and fold in until all mixed together. Pour into an 8x8 greased pan. Bake at 250 for 45 to 50 min.

Usually I buy the boxes of choc that come in a pack of six. So when I use 8 for the cake I have 4 left. So with the remaing Choc I melt them with about a 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Stir until it all comes together and pour it over the cake. When it cools it makes a nice layer of chocolate.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 18:26
Atkins on the Beach!

Plan: high fiber/low glycemic
Stats: 245/224/150 Female 5'3"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 22%

This looks awesome!! I have a recipe for a regular flourless choc cake and was thinking of trying to adapt it. This would be good topped with some fresh raspberries, too!!
How many ounces are the bars you use?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 19:47
Registered Member

Stats: 152/136/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 73%

The choc bars I use are 1 oz but I have used ones that are slightly bigger like 1.2 oz and it still comes out fine.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 05:23

Stats: 150/143.3/138 Female 5'5"
BF:27.9
Progress: 56%

Here's a link to the original Martha Stewert Recipe.

i made it last night for my family and it was devine. A real success. It's an obvious choice for adaption to low carb!

It always takes me a long time to do a recipe the first time around but I can say it was truly easy to make. It puffs up to the top of the pan while cooking and then settles down as it cools. I made it with a raspberry sauce and whipped cream.

Flourless Chocolat Cake
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 05:55

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 158/136/140 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 122%

That looks absolutely delicious.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 11:44

Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

This looks very similar to the recipe on the Atkins site: Decadent Chocolate Cake and if it tastes anything like it, it's very good. I've made this a couple times for special occasions. I'll have to try the one you posted now!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 17:47
Registered Member

Stats: 232/167/135 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:

I made this for a church potluck and even the non-lowcarbers loved it! I'll be making this again!!