Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 08:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/182/126 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Not here to bash anything accept for my weight. Atkins is fine and so are a lot of other diets. Just disappointed it made me so sick
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-05, 16:51
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willam
OK, I agree that the Don Gorske Diet may not be perfect but Atkins has it’s shortcomings as well. I’m now doing Atkins and have been stalled for three months!! Atkins generally is great but as we all know, in the stall department it really sucks. If nothing changes, I’ll be stalled forever.

It’s common knowledge that thinking outside the box leads to innovation and creativity. Dr. Atkins and Don Gorske were both doing that when they created their diets 30 years ago. Both concepts were extremely controversial when first introduced but today are revered by thousands worldwide.

With the Atkins and Gorske methodology in mind, I’m considering combining the Atkins and Gorske plans. Two meals a day on Atkins and one meal a day on Gorske seems reasonable. I’m not for a moment suggesting a drastic change to Atkins, just a slight tweaking with a tiny bit of Gorske added in. It would still be almost pure Atkins.

Combining different diets seems to work for others. Could this blend of two plans be the answer we’ve all been praying for? Might this out of the box concept lead us to the Holy Grail of all diets?

William

William - I'm so excited look what I found for you!!!!

MyMcDiet Dot Com

He lost 46.2 pounds eating McDonalds 3 times a day (once in a while he dumped the top bun and skipped the fries) he did walk TO the McDonalds though and is training for a 60 mile walk to raise money for breast cancer

I think too, that I may have discovered the problem with the cracker a day on Atkins - you should have been eating goldfish crackers NOT (according to silly diet rules they would count as protein) Ritz - I have been searching for a new plan on this footbally New Years Day.

Below is a quote from his summary of his McDiet -

Quote:
do not respect the efforts of Morgan Spurlock (creator of SuperSizeME the movie), his pal Jarod, nor Subway for their attacks on McDonalds. If you listened to Jarod's commercials, they are very deceptive, by inferring that Subway had something to do with his weight loss, I intend that it was his exercise that led to his weight loss. That is only my opinion and I would have respected him much more if he was honest about that, so people understood and were motivated by him. If the commercial said "Hi, I'm Jarod and I lost weight by eating a balanced meal which included Subway and exercised regularly. You can too."

Every time they attack McDonalds I think less of them. Why? Because I ate only McDonalds for four months and successfully lost weight. 45 pounds in 4 months while eating everything on that menu, including the delicious Chicken Selects. I didn't lose weight only eating McDonalds, my walking overshadowed any consumption. I believe the same for Jarod. Difference is that he is worth a million dollars forgetting to say that part on his commercials. And if I hear anyone say Subway has evolved one more time... They are no different than anyone else, read on, not even your Moms cooking is better. I just love it when someone says "McDonalds burgers are bad for you" OH, and you make a better one? I worked in the Stockyards of Chicago with my stepfather, at a meat packing plant during a summer when attending high school. I don't want to hear about your "better burger".

So you can see I love to get fired up about things but you will also see we have lots of fun losing weight and raising money for charity.
Please read my disclaimer listed at the bottom of the page and then click on Learn about BFD (BigFatDiet and yeah, I know). Then check out the journal. Tell friends or family, email me and share you experiences with me. If you are an animal lover and do not like the restaurants I like, I am sorry. I do not wish to offend you. You have your beliefs and I have mine. Think of it this way, I promote weight loss which translates into less food consumption which means less animals lost. So help me. If I can get 10 percent of the world to cut back on their consumption and exercise more, then I would have to believe that 100 cows will rest easier each night.

Last edited by KoKo : Sat, Jan-01-05 at 17:02.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 312/225/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracewrite
Not here to bash anything accept for my weight. Atkins is fine and so are a lot of other diets. Just disappointed it made me so sick

The reason it makes most people sick is because Sugar is no different than any other drug when you come off it.

People need to realize that sugar wouldn't be considered food if it was invented today. It's a drug. You get sick when you withdrawl from it.

Now, back to the main topic...

Atkins is a lifestyle that was prescribed to people. It only became a diet when people realized how good it worked. Dr. Atkins wouldn't be hated so much if he only helped those who wanted to learn about what they were doing. This is not a diet.

The three reasons I knew it was for me..

1) Atkins didn't want a cent from me after I read the book. 5 bucks is a small price to pay to change my life.

2) I felt sick the first 5 days. I knew my body was withdrawling. It was a shock to my body, and I knew it was working. It told me what was happening each day in the book.

3) After I finished induction, I felt better than I have ever felt in my life. I focused at work. I had energy to move. And, I lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks.

If you walk into this not reading anything, and expecting it to be easy, you've come to the wrong place. All the people who give Atkins a bad name are slowly leaving. I'm happy. Now maybe people will take the time to understand the lifestyle instead of jumping on the bandwagon.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 13:48

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

"Atkins is a lifestyle that was prescribed to people. It only became a diet when people realized how good it worked. Dr. Atkins wouldn't be hated so much if he only helped those who wanted to learn about what they were doing. This is not a diet.

The three reasons I knew it was for me..

1) Atkins didn't want a cent from me after I read the book. 5 bucks is a small price to pay to change my life."

Not only that, but practically all the information that is in the book you can also get from his website for FREE. That really impressed me. How often can you actually get something of value for free anymore?
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: I make it up as I go
Stats: 265/234/215 Male 74 in and shrinking
BF:
Progress: 62%

I remember something that one of my professors discussed YEARS AGO, when I was still young enough to be in college and interested in coeds.
The professor was discussing addictions; heroin, caffeine, nicotine, coccaine... and food.
He explained that our reaction to food is exactly the same that goes on with other addictive substances. In fact, the withdrawal process is much the same. If someone has been fed I.V. for an extended period of time, he must be re-introduced to food. In addictive terms, he/she must become addicted again.
The whole addictive process is probably in place to keep us from starving to death. If we didn't feel a drive to eat, why would we bother?
It's just that some of us... ok, I'm speaking for myself here, seem to overdose on food.
Atkins seems to be able to reduce if not eliminate the addictive process, for me at least. I often don't even realize that I could eat until my wife asks if I'm hungry. I simply reply, "I wasn't, but now that you mention it, I could eat."