Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 07:46

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%

okay i will get that book today....thank you!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 07:59

Default hifive

check ur email?!
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/176/150 Female 5'6.5
BF:
Progress: 43%

I wanted to say that I don't think you have an eating disorder, but I think eating only once a day is unhealthy, and if it became a pattern or habit, it could become an eating disorder. I think people are just concerned about you. I have had an eating disorder, and at 5'6 have weighed 115, and still continued to lose, which was unhealthy at the time, but still not completely unreasonable. Getting into the 90s or 80s is cause for serious alarm, IMO.

I'm now 33, and am striving towards a long-term, healthy eating, way of life. It's hard for me because my compulsion is to be very thin, like a size zero or smaller. However, I know now that’s only self destructive, and try to attain healthier goals for my longevity.

I wish you a lot of luck in losing those few pesky lbs that you want to shed. All I can recommend is stick to your healthy regimen. Don't stop eating this way once you've lost the weight! Exercise will help you tremendously too.

If you'd like to chat further, you are welcome to email me, I'd love to get aquatinted. Also, you keep asking if things are “okay.” READ THE BOOK!! Seriously, It’s the LC bible, and it gives you confidence to know that you’re eating the right things for induction and maintenance. Here’s a good recipe for chicken caesar salad that I really enjoy, and it’s very LC!

3 Chicken strips (not breaded)
1 cup Romaine lettuce (shredded)
5 broccoli flowerets
1 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
1.5 Tbs. Caesar dressing (is naturally LC)

Total carbs – 4 grams
Total calories – 470
Total protein – 37 grams
Total fat – 33 (REMEMBER, fat is your friend on a LC regimen, and healthy fat is even better!)

*I sometimes add a Tbs. of Olive oil to the above recipe for the healthy dose of fat. It has to be extra virgin olive oil though, and added with the dressing, not cooked with the chicken. Also, feel free to cook the chicken in butter. (yes, butter) What you are doing on Atkin’s in turning your body into a fat burning machine, so fat is not the enemy here, carbs are.

This place has really been helpful for me, as well as: www.fitday.com Being able to keep track of carbs, fats, proteins and calories has been fun and informative.

Best of luck to you. You are with friends here.

Last edited by sugarjunky : Thu, Sep-30-04 at 10:38.
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:29
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Size 0 or 2 or whatever is not realistic for most normal healthy women. Those are little girls sizes or for women with odd metabolisms or women who have disordered thinking about their weight. You're growing up! Your body doesn't stop changing at 19 or even 20 or 25... in fact, at age 46 I can tell you it never stops changing. You become more curvey and more womanly as you get older. That means a little more body fat. But that isn't a bad thing.

I can understand if you don't have the money to buy new clothes, but what you can do, I used to do it after I graduated from college and was poor, was to go to Thrift stores and buy clothes there. You can find some really great deals on very nice clothes!

Its time to change the way you think about your body and recognize you're becoming a woman now, not a scrawy little girl.
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:35

Default I Can Do This!

I am going to start following the atkins diet the right way, eating 3 meals a day and exerciseing and i will get back to my size...thats where im suppose to be...and IM GOING TO DO IT =)
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 08:41

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

yay luvley!

you can do it!
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:18

Default Crystal lite

Is crystal lite okay to drink?....is that the same as drinking water?.....
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvley719
I am going to start following the atkins diet the right way, eating 3 meals a day and exerciseing and i will get back to my size...thats where im suppose to be...and IM GOING TO DO IT =)

Hurray! This is good news!
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:29

Wink Thank You

Thank you NancyLC
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 09:34

Default Not Hungry?

WHat if i am not hungry? do i force myself to eat lunch?...I am still full from breakfast? but its around that time to start eating again?.....
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 10:21

Stats: 172.0/166/145 Female 5 feet 3inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I'm just jumpin' in here after reading all the posts. I'm so proud
of you Luvey....really. You'll find that eating Lc the right way
will bring the exact results you wanted---lower weight and better shape, but also, you will feel stronger and be healthier!

You're making a wonderful "restart"
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 10:26
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

Crystal Lite is not the same thing as water - you still need to drink a certain amount of just plain ole water a day - add some lemon or lime juice to it if its not to your liking.
If you're still not hungry, wait to eat. You don't have to eat at 8, 12, and 5 every day. Listen to your body. It will tell you. If you're not hungry at 12, maybe you will be at 12:30 - If you're stuck with eating at 12, then yes, nibble on something and maybe plan your breakfast a bit earlier just so you can schedule your meals if need be. Its important to eat something at least 3 times a day
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 10:26

Stats: 172.0/166/145 Female 5 feet 3inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

Yes, eat a little something, so your body will know that food
is available. A small piece of chicken and maybe broccoli dipped in ranch dressing. Doesn't have to be much to keep the body
burning fat. Just remember to aim for the magic 20 carb mark
the first 2 weeks. Fitday that everyone keeps referring to helps
you keep tabs on how much protein/fat/carbs you're eating.

Doin' great!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 10:30

Plan: Semi-LC/Alt. Day Fasting
Stats: 229/221/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Goal is 22%
Progress: 10%

Your appetite will probably kick in in a few days.

And I think you'll be fine in no time if you follow these fine ladies' advice.

Small meals at first if you feel REALLY yucky.

Your body will be oh-so-happy, and will reward you with muscle, energy, and all sorts of positive feedback.

Vicky
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 10:47

Plan: Atkins-maintwhilepregnant
Stats: 201//135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissa
If you're still not hungry, wait to eat. You don't have to eat at 8, 12, and 5 every day. Listen to your body. It will tell you. If you're not hungry at 12, maybe you will be at 12:30 - If you're stuck with eating at 12, then yes, nibble on something and maybe plan your breakfast a bit earlier just so you can schedule your meals if need be. Its important to eat something at least 3 times a day

IGNORE THIS!!! Luvley, your head and stomach aren't used to eating more than one meal a day and they are going to fight you on your new healthy eating. Ignore your head and stomach and follow the clock and Dr. Atkins instructions. Never go more than 5 waking hours without eating! You are doing great so far! Keep it up!!! We're all rooting for you to get healthy.