Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 06:05

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

Not sure how I like it yet- although my butt and legs did hurt so I know I did something there. The 30 mins was up pretty quick. I am used to and hour- and Billy is not bad on the eyes either!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 13:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 162/162/140 Female 6'1
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello all. Glad I ran across this thread. I just recently, like yesterday, bought taebo and I loved it after my first use. I must admit, I am not as fit as I thought I was, but was able to keep up. Anyway, I was surprised to feel the soreness in my arms, legs, and abs. It was unexpected, but for me "pain is gain". I wanted to know if anyone could give a time frame on how long it took to see results, preferably weight loss, with taebo. And if it wasn't immediately results, did you feel your body tightening or was it more energy, etc. Please give input and suggestions for a better workout.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 09:26
Registered Member

Plan: Healthy carbs :)
Stats: 185/156/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hi Bluejene! I started losing weight a few weeks after starting tae-bo. I do it 10-13 times a week. I didn't start seeing "good" results until combining it with a low carb diet. I definatley can see the results all over my body! Good luck and remember to stretch!!!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-04, 10:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/200/175 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I developed a bit of a knee problem doing the taebo kicks (though my knees were bad before that) so I modified and just add an extra knee raise in place of the kick and didn't have anymore knee aches. I really like doing taebo first thing in the morning...great way to wake up and keeps me pumping all day.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 08:22

Plan: foodnetwork
Stats: 245/168/155 Female 70 inches
BF:21.6%
Progress: 86%
Thumbs up Taebo makes me melt...

great cardio routine and motivating.

thanks for the suggestion. i might do Taebo today!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-05, 18:55

Stats: 150/145/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

The music is great and his work outs are fun..and hard well they are for me. This is the only work out video that I dont get bored. What I like to you is Tae-bo 3 times a week and 2 different ones inbetween.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 13:11

Stats: 271/226.5/190 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I love it... I think I have to order some more because I always feel like a simple 25 minute workout isn't good enough.

Anyone had good success with the 25 minute basic tape 5-6 days a week?
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 05:18

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 191/175.7/132 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 26%

*bumps the thread*
Hello?? Anyone still doing Tae-Bo?
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 16:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 185/180/165 Female 5'10"
BF:31%
Progress: 25%

I bought the TB Fat Blasting Cardio DVD & the Boot Camp DVD set(comes with the bands, a workout schedule & diet plan). I have been using these for the last 2 months. I am really enjoying it. I started with the Basic Training DVD & had to really work up to it. It was tough, but I also alternate with other TB DVD's just because I get bored easily. I think it's better to alternate your workout because your muscles have to adjust. They don't get stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over, thus causing change all over rather than one particular spot. At least that's what I've noticed.

I am also noticing that I'm building muscle in places I never really had much in the way of muscle before. Yea! I see my scale not changing as much simply because muscle weighs more than fat. This is discouraging sometimes, but I know my body has become much more toned than ever before.

I'm really hoping that the lower carb diet will help to decrease my weight as the TB is increasing my muscle mass.

I even bought the Kid TB DVD to encourage them to get into the habit of regular exercise. They've done it a few times & seem to enjoy it. Making it a habit for them will be a challenge since they tend to be so active anyway.