Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 18:03

Plan: low carbing it
Stats: 232.5/225/140 Female 5ft,4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Wink a friendly kick

Hello ther Locarbanbi here's your friendly little kick, you requested, someone should be sending it dailey to me. Chin up, lets kick some butt together, with the rest of the team
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 19:05

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

I weighed in on Monday and lost 4lbs this past week....(the pattern of late has been I won't lose anything for a few weeks now..at least I'm still moving DOWN!)
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 20:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%
Default team name

the thought of having a team 'name' has come up once or twice.. CarbBusters, and GoalBusters are 2 names that have come up.. any other names you guys wanna throw in here??.. after we get a few more.. we can all vote to see which one we would like to have..

it is 7:45 and I can finally go for a walk tonight.. man!>. it is hot here!>.

best of everything
everyone

dianna
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 20:43

Default note to tulip

hey tulip.. I know I have messed up your numbers in the chart... please let me know:
start of this team weight, Labor Day goal, and loss so far..

thanks!

dianna
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 05:25

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

You didn't mess up....I did!!! lol Sorry!!!!!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 06:23

BF:
Wink Good Morning

Good Morning everyone Hope everyone has a great day Just finishing off my scrambled eggs, with the help of my little man (2 year old) of course. My older son (11) is still sleeping , letting him sleep for a while this morning as it is back to regular bed time next week to get back into the reality of school.
Have a good one!
Erica
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 07:29
Registered Member

Stats: 260/263/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -3%
Talking Funny

Ladyj816, thats a funny cow story congrats on the wieght loss Have fun when you go back to the trailer.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:04

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 315/309/215 Female 72 inches 6 ft
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 6%
Talking Checking in.

Hi Everyone!

LadyJ Your cow story was just too Funny!! Thanks for sharing.. Congrats on the loss!! That is great.. I love getting a visit from a whoosh fairy..

I think I have a new strategy to help me speed things up so I can acheive my LD goal..

I usual get up ~ 6 am. I get ready and leave the house by 7.. It then takes me 1.5 hours to get to work.. I don't get hungry until about 10am.. So far this is when I start having my little breakfast which gets me through till about 12:30 - 1pm when I have lunch. Then I go home and have dinner about 7:30 - 8pm and that is when I have been eating my vitamins.

Well I think I am going to try something new. Try being the word of importance there.. I hate breakfast.. Always have

I am wondering if it might help speed up my loss if I change things up a little bit. Today I tried something new..

I forced myself to eat 1 oz piece of cheese about 6:45 am.. Drank two big glasses of water and took some vitamins. I hate eating first thing always have since I was a little girl!

I noticed about 12:10 I was starving so I made my lunch and I am eating it now.. Chicken Salad on a bed of romain + some cheese.

I plan on having dinner a little earlier, I am going to try for 7. Although that is hard because I don't even get home until 6pm. but I will be trying to make these changes for at least a few weeks to see if it helps. I sure hope so.. Wish me luck !
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 15:27
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Wow, alot has gone on in here since I last visited. I have been doing well, but need to get in gear and exercise.

My start weight for this challenge is 190. By September (Labor Day)(My Birthday)I would like to be 185.

I will try and check in more often and see what is going on. I weigh on Friday's so will update then. Is that what you need. Let me know!
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 16:28

Default dinners

hey katthleen.. and hiya
I have found that if i buy a "larger" size of meat.. and cook it all at the same time (say a roast and some chicken breasts- whole package).. then i have dinner for several nights, and can just make it different ways. or the same way unless i am tired of the same thing... also.. breast or roast is awesome on salad..
with your long commute, the last thing you probably want to do it start a dinner from scratch (which is best with this WOE).. so if you have your meat already cooked, and portioned (either refrigerate or freeze portions.. then you just have to reheat with veggie, whip up a salad, and drink some water.. lots of water.. (oh.. thats me.. because by dinner time i realize i havent had the amount of water I am supposed to have!)..

also... breakfast is pretty cool for dinner once in a while (omletes, or bacon/sausage with scrambled... etc.....)

best of everything
everyone

dianna
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 17:19

Plan: Curves
Stats: 280/253.5/140 Female 5'7" inches
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default My challenge goal and update

Well...........I've been lc for 2.75 days (but who's counting... ) I had my normal monthly weigh in at Curves and am down to 270. That makes a 10 pound loss from when I started Curves in March. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by 9/27. That will be the 6 weeks of the intro to the Curves program. I want to lose another 25 by 11/12. So, I will put my Labor Day weight loss goal at 15 pounds.

The diet is going ok. So far friends have been very supportive...my family is rather old school and believe in the balanced diet method of weight loss. Which may be fine for some, but after over 20 years of on and off Weight Watchers (um, yes that would have made me 11 the first time my mom carted me off to my first meeting).

The only downside is that until I learn my boundries I'm kinda sticking to a very limited menu. I am open to any meal suggestions you can share.

Have a good evening!!

Ang
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 17:28

Default meals and menus

I am not familiar with the curves WOE... however.. Atkins (and probably the South Beach Diet), has a free website with menu and meal ideas..
just www.atkins.com will get you there.. or click on the stuff in the upper right hand corner (the green line up above the active low-carber forums) where it says recipes. try there.. again.. I dont know the different WOL's, so you might have to change/modify to fit.. but it is better than eating the same ole thing every day or so.. that would get old, real quick,,
I am able to stick to this thus far due to the variety and the NOT feeling like I am restricted (dieting)..

best of everything
everyone

dianna
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 18:52

BF:
Wink Helllo Ang

Hello Ang! I am a member of curves also, I love my workout, especially since I can work it into my already tight schedule. This is a great team we have here!
Go team Go!!!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 07:10
Registered Member

Stats: 260/263/170 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -3%

Hey all, I am doing okay, I have family in town and its slowing me down bigtime, but I am feeling strong emotionally. Good wishes to everyone, as we approach the weekend.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 10:49

Plan: Whatever Works :-)
Stats: 242/234/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default **Met First Mini-Goal**

FIrst Mini-Goal Met- 8-19-04 255 lbs.

Last week was TOM for me... and I was a bit discouraged, had cravings as well as about a 3-5 weight gain... BUTTTTTTT this morning got on the scale and I am now officially at 255.... YAY!!!!

WHAT'S THE NEXT CHALLENGE!