Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 22:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

HI Patricia,
Sorry about the long silence...I've been kinda busy with work and things.
This is just a short note to wish you and your family a very very happy Christmas and a fabulous new year!
Anu
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 07:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu Happy new year to you and your family ! Iam finally off today Yessssss its about time I have been to busy with work and than when i have a free day I spent it with my mom , christmas and new years was nice , quiet but thats also ok with me, i went of low carb for a few days , i know naughty me lol but now Im full force ahead lol all is fine here , my hubby will go away soon for a month so than its time to house clean and spend as much time with mom as possible , also need to rest with valentines day coming (not looking forward to that one for sure ) YIKES!!! so how have you been Anu ? How was christmas? I truly hope it wasnt to diffcult but i have a feeling it was for you , christmas can be such a diffcult time i find.and have you stayed with the low carb ?well my thoughts are with you Anu I hope lots of good things happen in 2005 and i wish you all the best, take good care , bye for now .. Patricia
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 22:40
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Lovely to hear from you again. Good to know you could get a day off and spend some time with your mom. She's lucky, I think, to have a daughter like you. You must be back at work now, gearing up for the next lot of festivities. You're in a lovely profession and I'm sure you have a lot of regular customers who love you. Good luck and have lots of fun!
Well new years' was quiet for us as you guessed. We usually have a bon fire but this year we did'nt 'cos you know why. Dad was with us and we tried to lighten him up as much as possible. He tried too but I could make out he was quite sad. I know time is the only healer but it take so darned long.
I slipped somewhat too on the LC front. Besides the weather is so nice now, one feels like munching on warm crunchy stuff! Anyway, I'm back on the wagon, lets see what happens.
I'll take leave now, Patricia, hope to hear from you soon. Take care,
Anu
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 23:23

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 217.5/191.8/130.0 Female 1meter and 62 centimeters
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu
Hi everyone. I joined this forum today hoping to interact with others who have been on the atkins and found success.
I have an underactive thyroid and have been on medication for the last 8-9 yrs. My weight goes up and down (down with a great deal of exercise) Is there anyone else with hypothyroidism out there who has found success with Atkins? I'd love to hear from them.
bye
Anu

Hi Anu
My name is Jeanet, same problem. I am on Atkins since Sept 2004 and lost 25 punds or 11.7 kg. I tend to hit platoes very often. But I dont want to give up because it is the first diet I really lose some weight on. So Just Hang in there keep using your medication. You will win it might just take a bit longer than you expect. Since I'm new to this Forum, Why dont we try together. Jeanet
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 06:46

BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu I hope this new year is treating you and your family well ! things are the same here , my hubby is away for 7 weeks so i plan on seeing mom each week if possible anyways,I will be soon sooooo very very busy with valentines lol we have had a few blizzards (snow) and another one on it way today , i have to laugh casue you said the weather was nice there lol Iam back on the low carb lost the few pounds i gained and looking forward to birhtday cake next week lol thats my weakness for sure I really hope you and your family are well Anu, things always do take time but the hurt never fades,( i know for my self anyways) Iam here if u ever like to talk, take good care of your self , enjoy the weather ... i will throw a snowball your way bye Anu .... Patricia (New Brunswick)
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 02:09
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy

Hi Jeanet,
First off, let me extend a very warm welcome to you on this forum and also apologise for the long delay in replying to your post. Just shows that i have been slackening up badly in visiting this site. It shows in otherways too.....my waistline!! Anyways, welcome again and I hope you find this site as helpful as I have.

So Jeanet, how long have you had a thyroid problem? By the way, CONGRATS for the fab weight loss so far. You've done really well and I'm sure you'll go all the way to your goal with Dr.A.

Bye now and do keep in touch,
Anu
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 02:18
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Patricia,
Ouch!! THAT was coooooooold! And wet!!!! the snowball I mean. But thanks anyway, we could do with a bit of snow around here

Hey is the birthday yours? many many many happy returns if it is or just pass it on to whoever, if it isnt. When is your birthday anyway? You could send me some e-cake if you like....that's my weakness too!

I know you are busy so i wont keep you long. Bye, take care and have fun
Love, Anu
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 04:49

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 217.5/191.8/130.0 Female 1meter and 62 centimeters
BF:
Progress:

Hi anu

Great to hear from you. I must say this forum helps alot. At least I am back on track. I've had the thyroid problem for about ten years now but only last year did I realize how much it influences my weight. Well the medication helps alot, if I don't take them I just don't seem to have any energy and am constantly tired. But I manage much better now.

Would love to hear more about you. Please do tell all.I don't have alot of time, a bit busy, but I will talk to you soon.Hope you get back on track and stop with the slacking. PS. where are yu from.

Enjoy your day
Jeanet
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 09:45

Stats: 196/159/130 Female 5#5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to let you know that I had success losing 60 pounds on Atkins with hypothyroidism. I think the diet helped stabilize my levels. After losing the first 20 pounds, I started exercising which I think helped. It can be done. It took me 10 months to lose it and I was able to maintain between 138-142 for over a year. Miraculously, my medication for my thyroid was gradually decreased! (In case you are wondering about my stats-- I am currently in my 24th week of pregnancy posting a 19 pound weight gain! Trying to keep it to the 30 pound mark by full term-- wish me luck!)
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 06:40

BF:
Progress:

Morning Anu well the snow has stopped but now its minus -26 YIKES!!! I can't win lol , all is well with me , I have now lost what i totally gained at christmas feeling good and i see the dr next week Iam so curious on my blood work and weight at his office since its always diff from home and how are you doing Anu ? did you try to go back ( low carb yet) ? yes my big birthday is feb 7 lol and i do plan on eating a lot of cake with a nice cuppa tea or java... my weakness but thats okay also my brother and nephew are still also on low carb and wow everyone is doing so very very well , I am so impressed with my new eating lifestyle ... well anu time for work (what else) take good care of yourself , I hope all is well with you and your family ! best wishes from the cold country lol Patricia
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Jan-27-05, 06:47

BF:
Progress:

morning Jeanetand happy lc mom (welcome) i to suffer from good old thyroid since i was 5 actually, so one LONGGGG time since i have lost 50 pounds my med's have decreased so thats a great thing , my entire family has thyroid trouble.I wanted to welcome you both , this is a great site , it has helped me a lot since april , congrads on the baby happylcmom , well have a great day you two ... take care patricia (canada)
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 13:31

Stats: 196/159/130 Female 5#5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress:
Smile Hi again!

Thanks for the welcome and well-wishes on my baby! I am feeling a bit discouraged today-- up a total of 22 pounds now!! EEEKKK-- it's only in the middle of my 24th week. However, I have been eating very well. I don't snack and ensure healthy, low-glycemic meals three times a day. I try to limit my dinner meal to a protein and a veggie. I shouldn't beat myself up too much for the scale climbing as long as I am behaving -- right?
The good news is that my thyroid has finally stabilized after 5 months!
I will watch you folks all climb down the scale and live vicariously through you. I am hoping it will motivate me not to get too high so my descent is not painful! Have a good day.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 00:15

Stats: 150/150/135 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress:
Default Anu

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu
Hi everyone. I joined this forum today hoping to interact with others who have been on the atkins and found success.
I have an underactive thyroid and have been on medication for the last 8-9 yrs. My weight goes up and down (down with a great deal of exercise) Is there anyone else with hypothyroidism out there who has found success with Atkins? I'd love to hear from them.
bye
Anu

hI ANU, I WAS ON ATKINS MANY YEARS AGO,BEFORE I HAD FIBRO AND I LOST 30 LBS DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVE HYPOTHYROIDISM,HOPE THIS HELPS. MITCHIE
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 02:09
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Mitchie,
Thanks for the morale booster. Actually there are quite a few people on this site with hypo and they have all reported amazing success with Atkins....really gives me a lot of encouragement. But i am curious....you said you were on Atkins many years ago.....Why did you give it up, particularly since you had so much success with it? I'm not trying to pry and please don't answer if you dont feel like it.

Take care,
Anu
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 02:20
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Happylcmom, Jeanet,
Happylcmom...welcome the site and congrats on the baby!
Jeanet....thanks for the reply. I'm from India and I live in a city called calcutta. I read earlier you were from S. Africa, did I get that right?
You know, there are quite a few people with a hypo problem on this site. I'ts really great to meet and talk with them. More than anything else, it gives one a sense of hope....if it works for them maybe, just maybe, Atkins will work for me.
Hey, you know what......i think I've managed to motivate myself! I had fallen off the wagon for a while, but I shall resolutely climb back on!
Bye now, take care and remember.....WE ARE DOING THIS FOR US!
Anu