Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 10:25

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning all

MamaSara6 and jbird thanks for the welcome, I have been wanting to get the firm as well LOL, But not sure about it. the info comercals, make it look like a really good workout. for anyone whom has done slim in six or p90 how woud the firm fit in? harder then one easyer then the other. Because I am dead set on finishing p90, then I will order another workout program.

I watched the video of the p90x at the beachbody site, and I don't think I'll be ready for tht after I complet my fisrt round of p90. need to work my way up. (I need to learn to crawl LOL, then walk, And finally run all out

Will I have decided to start my p90 tonight (sculpt 1-2) No reason to wait till next week. will use light weights. will post later tonight (If I have the strength to type LOL) already got my cardio in early this morning. feeling good

Have a good one
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-04, 13:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

Surfnmom - Well while I have p90x I haven't started it yet, but I have done Slim in 6 and all the Firm sculpting systems. Slim in 6 is completely different then Firm. I thought Burn it up was a bit challenging but the other two that come with it you usually move past fairly quick. Money would be better invested in the Slim Series in my opinion.

The Firm is great because it combines the weight training with the cardio in a lot of the tapes. Its really fun and you can make it easier or harder based on the amount of weight you choose. I really like it, but I was getting a little bored and that is why I started the beachbody rotation for awhile. After I complete both rotations I'll make my own rotation between Joyce Veral, Slim Series, Firm and P90x. They are all good workouts, I'm not sure which one I can say is the best because they are all really different.

Did that help at all? Probably not.

Good luck though tonight startin' your P90.

jenny
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 09:16

Stats: 184/173/140 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress:
Default si6

Okay....today I saw the commercial for SI6 and they said the workout is 45 min. Is that correct? When I called beachbody they did not know. I don't have alot of time each day....but the advertisement made the product look great. I need to order something and I keep dragging my feet. I was going to order the firm BSS2 but then I thought I would wait for BSS3 because the workouts were a little shorter. But they keep changing the order date on BSS3. I also thought about power half hour.....

So what do you think?

Thanks,

Wendy
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 12:48

wmackleit - Si6's #2 workout is 45 min but the one you are supposed to do the most #3 Ramp it Up is an hour. And the first one is short but I don't think you'd get a lot out of it doing it all the time as its more of a "get you used to the moves" tape.

And the BSS3 of the Firms aren't really that much shorter than BSS2. I really like BSS3 the best but a lot of people really love BSS2.

I haven't bought Power Half Hour yet, that will be my next purchase. I don't really know if 30min can get it done. But I love Beachbody products so if 30 min was all I had I might just do these and hope for the best.

good luck
Jenny
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:07

BF:
Progress:
Default Si6

Okay, I talked to a beachbody rep on the computer and he said that you can break the hour long tape in half. I might have to try to get up in the morning to do these.......ugh. I have two jobs and three kids....that is why my time is limited....but I really want to get into shape and my husband is taking me Las Vegas Labor Day Weekend!!!! This is our first trip without kids....and our 16th Anniversary! So I want to order some type of program and get started right away!!! I have been doing WATP and a few other tapes this summer but I know I need more than that.

jbird, you seem to have alot of experience with all of these programs....I hate to ask this but which one do you think I should start with?

Thanks,

Wendy
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 09:51

Ok it depends on what you like cardio and weights vs. lighter weights high reptition not much cardio.

Slim in 6 AND Slim Series do not have much cardio at all but don't think you won't sweat because you will, but they use a technique they call slim training and it is moving constantly and using light weights you feel like your muscles are basically on fire for a lot of the workout. I like it, but if I really wasn't in to working out or if I didn't have a lot of time I don't know if I'd like these. They are a little boring to some people. I do like the instructor though, she's low key.

I'm thinking P90 might be a better choice because you have cardio days and weights days from what I understand. And Tony Horton is a bit more motivating, though some people don't really like him, I don't mind him.

But like I said it really depends whether you want to be moving faster or slower.

Slim Series is a very unique kind of workout. I have really never done anything like it. It will slim you out and tone you up however you will not build much muscle.

But I'm not an expert by any means on their products though. The only ones I've done so far are Si6 and Slim Series. I own P90x but don't start it for another 2 weeks.

The Firm is actually really good also. Their Sculpting systems really give you a little bit of everything.

Hope that helps a little.
Jenny
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 10:24

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info....at this point it is not really what I like but I want to see results asap!!!! HaHa
I am hoping that if I start something right away..... I will see results by Labor day.

Thanks again

Wendy
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 11:34

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Wendy, I'm not sure if your results will be very different if the choice is between a Beachbody Product and the FIRM. The FIRM wo's are awesome and incorporate so much cardio in them that I could still run w/ my neighbor after 2 weeks of videos--and I was still able to do 3 miles easy. I did a rotation like this: total body, rest, UB, LB, run, Total body. The workouts are fun and varied.

I'm in my first week of P90, although I was able to move up to level 3/4 immediately. I like the sculpt better than the cardio--it's a little on the dull side (more like basic calisthenics than the dancy aerobics that we chicks are used to). But it is a good workout.

FIRM is definitely a chick's workout (although it is still challenging for some guys!) and P90 is great for guys cuz it's not "pretty" and it doesn't have complicated movements.

Does that help any?
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSara6

FIRM is definitely a chick's workout (although it is still challenging for some guys!) and P90 is great for guys cuz it's not "pretty" and it doesn't have complicated movements.

Yeah, I do "chick" workouts too.
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 15:41

Built

OTOH, maybe FIRM is for guys since they make the instructors so sexy!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 22:13
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/135/120 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I mailed SI6 back yesterday. How long does it take to get The Firm orders? I made one credit card payment and it said "priority shipment" does anyone know what that means, or how long it takes? I'm anxious to start....thanks.
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 22:26
Registered Member

BF:

Just a thought...since there is a Firm thread and Beachbody thread...it would be nice to have a general exercise thread where we could discuss any kind of exercise such as running, walking, step, weightlifting, yoga, Beachbody, Firm or whatever. Maybe just post what type of exercise you did that day, or if you took the day off, what is working or not working...anyone interested?
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 05:09

Shawn--it took several weeks to get my Fanny lifter from FIRM Direct. It sucked--the waiting, I mean! I think Target is a much better resource for their products. I can usually find individual dvds or videos there and they usually have some sort of set in the exercise dept.

I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did!
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 09:46

BF:
Progress:

Shawn, how come you sent SI6 back?
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 22:03
Registered Member

BF:

MamaSara: Thanks for the information...I am just anxious to start.

wmackleit: It was too boring...there was no way I could do 4 more weeks or the same exercise 6 days a week. I'm sure it would have worked had I stuck it out.

Shawn