Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 20:00

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: hi Bloom

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
here is the enlarged pic, so you can see how cute she is! Not that I'm a proud "parent" or anything. I have 2 cats, the other one is a bit camera shy.

She's adoreable. When he was younger, Elvis (my evil cat) used to ride around on my shoulders for hours. Now he's content laying on anything dark I forget to hang up.

You wouldnt be interested in adopting a 3rd cat with special needs would you, Doreen? (special as in he's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.. he is beautiful though.. I think of him as feline beefcake .. and of course I'm just kidding, the shipping costs alone would bankrupt me, he's huge !)

Nat
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 20:31
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Red face as I stated before ..

I'm not a proud Mommy or anything, but ... here's a pic of my babies. It's posted in my Bootcamp Journal too.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 21:37

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

No No your not PROUD no-one could call you that

Now 'Bootcamp diaries'? something else to check out, sounds interesting.... I'll go take a look

#34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 13:29
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power/Atkins
Stats: 165/165/120
BF:
Progress: 0%

I too have two cats. They are my BABIES. They definitely think they are my kids. They are not aware that they are a different species. Very spoiled, but I love them with all of my heart. They are the only constant in my life and I treat them with the love and respect that anything that constant deserves. Nice to see others love their "babies" as much as me.

Giggles
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 15:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Smile Love the Kitties

Hey Doreen. I just love your two kitties. I have two also - a nine year old grey shorthair female bobtail who rules the roost and a three year old grey and white longhair male who follows the rules set by the other one. They are quite a pair. I also have children, but they don't pay as much attention to me at this stage as the cats do! They're teenagers!
Thanks for the photos and as ever your continued source of information for all of us.
Cheers,
Lara
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 15:38

BF:

Funny thing isnt it how we all like to have 2 cats.
It goes way back for me to when I was a teenager and there was that song that said
"with two cats in the yard, life used to be so hard, now everything is easy cos of yooou-ou-ou-ou"

LARA I too have 'teenagers' and sometimes its like they would only notice me if I stopped doing there washing and cooking there meals It feels like quite a lonely time for me I think I need to get out and get my own life as I have been a SAHM and they and the 'homemaking' have been 'it'.
We live on a large farm in the country though so it would be quite a drive to get a job but Im not needed on the farm.
It been a bit of a dilemma of late

I'll just spend all day chatting to you guys ,huh
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 16:04

BF:
Progress:
Default I understand

Hey Bloom. I fully understand how you feel. Also SAHM although I did go back to work for a few years but had to retire due to physical problem. Now I am the chief cook and bottle washer and am also very bored. You can only clean and read so much. Plus the cats aren't the best conversationalists! I have taken up quilting and am enjoying this but it would not be a very lucrative passtime.
Anyway, I really empathize with you. Besides the weight challenge which is always there, you have the whole rest of your life to dwell on. That's why I find coming to this forum has been a life saver for me. The people are wonderful and so supportive and they have answered so many of my questions. Keep coming back and maybe we can come up with a game plan for you!
Cheers,
Lara
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 16:29

BF:

We have lots in common LARA as I also do needlework, although even tht is enjoyable to do with a friend. I like doing crazy quilting and embroidery. Also some cross sticth but dont find that so much fun.

I used to love gardening too and I can feel it in my bones that as my energy and zest comes back I'll be out there more often. It used to give me heaps of pleasure before I went downhill in the body department. Its like a vicious cycle this couch potato business !

My main hobby is my dogs of which I have four.
They are Golden Retrievers and I have a litter of pups due in two weeks so Im looking forward to that, they are so adorable!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 1yarnmouse.gif (18.2 KB, 14 views)
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 16:44

BF:
Progress:
Default Excellent

Bloom, I wish I had a litter of puppies to look forward to! You must be heading into summer down there. Up here the trees are starting to turn and the squirrels are busy foraging all over the place, especiallyiin my bird feeder. Do you raise the pups for sale? I have always wanted to get in to breeding, either cats or dogs but my husband is not keen on it. I love to garden too, although drought conditions here this summer have really made a mess of things. Our farmers have been praying for rain for months. Guess I'm off lowcarb topic but it's nice to chat.
Well, I should be off - those teens need some dinner! Take care and look forward to talking with you again soon. Keep the faith!

Cheers,
Lara
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 17:55

BF:

Hmm yes we have got rather off topic havnt we, never to mind Im sure
Yes I am a registered breeder and sell the pups. and yes also it is spring here at last, I do hate the winter!
My hubby didnt want me breeding dogs either but after years and years of nagging i got him to come around
see ya later, enjoy you dinner !