Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 14:41

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Linda,
Well I think PP and Atkins are the most similar and those were the two books I ended up choosing between it was hard to decide between them.I see you are on Atkins.
In the end I thought staring of at the 30 grm carb and was low enough and I liked all the lists and charts in it and formula's for working out body fat% and lean body weight which I did last night. Horror of horrors I am 42% body fat with a lean mass of 101.5 lb . From that I could work out a healthy goal weight which is a from 130-140 lb which would be 22%-28% BF. So my 125 lb goal is a bit too low so I will correct that. Also for my lean mass of 101lb I need a minimum of 60 gram protein a day and theres a grid to show me what selections I can make to be easily sure Im getting this amount. It may have all been in the Atkins book too but it didnt leap out at me if it was.
Anyway I just thought since I had to choose one (it went though my mind to get both, but that would only delay things and confuse me further)... and get on with it and I liked the way the book has so much info and also hey, I even like the name of the program, sounds very positive
The whole plan seems very clear cut now I just hope it works
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 14:46
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

PP is a great book, I like the explanation od insulin works in your body and the various fats and omegas. Did you get the new one "Life Plan" or the old? I only have the old one, but heard the new one is even beter.

Good luck!

Wa'il
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 15:09

BF:

Hi Wa'il,
What with the name? Is it for real?
I got the old one the 'lifeplan' one wasnt available and from what I read about it at Amazon it sounds like it gets pretty technical and scientific.
I see you are doing a blend of the two programs, or are they really the same once your up to the 30grm stage on Atkins
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 15:16
Forum Founder

LOL, yes, unfortunately it's for real.

I really think of PP and Atkins as identical, the only differency is the writers' style, and some very subtle difference. That's just my opinion, even though the authors, and hard-core fans would disagree.

Wa'il
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 15:23
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 208/191/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Cool BMI

HI BLOOM,
I WORKED MINE OUT ,I NEEDED TO LOOSE LOADS M Y GOAL IS 140LBS LIKE YOURSELF .ALSO YOU TALK ABOUT THE CARBS 60G WELL IVE BEEN ON 20G AND I FIND ONCE YOU ARE IN KETOSIS YOU DONT MISS OR CRAVE THEM

LINDA=ADNIL
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 15:33

BF:

SORRY
Wa'il is a very nice name I cant imagine how to pronounce it though? Do you say like whale that swims in the sea?

Thats good to know PP and Atkins are basically the same and Im glad I didnt bother getting both books, I'll take your word for it.

LINDA,
No no its the protein thats a minimum of 60
The carb is 30 but can go as low as 20 or as high as 40 from what Ive read so far (I fell asleep last night while still reading) Then when your nearly at goal or doing so well you cant stand it you go up to 50 grms.
I am not even craving carbs yet of course but I am dreading it, usually by now I would of had my toast and marmalade
With your guys help I will do it !!

I reset my weight goal to the mid range of 133lb which is 60kg or 9 1/2 stone. We dont talk much in just pounds in New Zealand.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 15:44
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 208/191/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up WILLPOWER

Hi bloom sorry i got mixed up there, you will suceed its a breeze you go girl

linda
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 15:50
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloom
SORRY
Wa'il is a very nice name I cant imagine how to pronounce it though? Do you say like whale that swims in the sea?

Yes, if you're mad at me for something, that should be appropriate. It's like wa-stop-il without saying stop!

Wa'il
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 16:07

BF:

LINDA thanks

WA'IL, i dont think i get it what nationality are you or more to the point your name??
And WOW I just want to comment on how well you are going on your goal!! Have you done all that on Low Carb.
I also see you are the webmaster, so are the boss ,huh.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 18:17
Forum Founder

Bloom, you have been invited here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=19151

#26   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 19:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Just goes to show you.....

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
PP is a great book, I like the explanation od insulin works in your body and the various fats and omegas. Did you get the new one "Life Plan" or the old? I only have the old one, but heard the new one is even beter.

You find the information you're looking for before you realized you were looking for it. You're so right, Wa'il. PP was a great read. I found the explanations behind the chemistry and biology very enlightening. I was hoping "Life Plan" was as good (since i picked it up this afternoon). Can't wait to dig into it.

Nat
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 20:02
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up PP Lifelplan

I have it open in front of me as I type .. going over the chapter on The Fat of the Land.

I like their sense of humour ... As well, in Lifeplan, they've simplified the protein requirements calculations, and lean body mass calcs. They also base a lot more of their program on the Paleo-Caveman diet principles, even more so than in PP#1. The Paleolithic Exercising is a bit silly though ... Sprint From the Lion? Leap for the Tree? ...

I see it's out in paperback already.

Doreen
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 21:42

BF:

Doreen ,
I just have to ask...what is that on your shoulder??
Is it a cat or a possum, cos it looks more like a possum Yikes!

Now to get back to that book, and btw my mouth feels like it has a dead cat in it yuk I have cleaned my teeth 2x today already.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-01, 22:40
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Bloom

That creature is Bettie the cat ... some mix of Tabby and white, and Siamese I swear .. she is very vocal, and really likes to be in my face .. and jumping onto the back of my chair (scares the bejeebers out of me!) then trying to climb on my shoulder and purring fish breath into my nose. Peww!

The picture quality is really poor, taken with my mini-videocam thingy. A new avatar pic will be arriving in the coming weeks, trust me .. anyway ... here is the enlarged pic, so you can see how cute she is! Not that I'm a proud "parent" or anything. I have 2 cats, the other one is a bit camera shy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bettie.jpg (19.7 KB, 98 views)
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-01, 19:47

BF:

Oh yes Its easy to see in the big pic that Bettie is cute wee cat. Dont know if you even have possums over there I think you have racoons.
We have 2 cats too and one is an American Ragdoll and is adorable!!... looks just like this
Attached Images
File Type: gif phantom.gif (2.2 KB, 32 views)