Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Thanks, Shannon, I will give it a try.

Karla
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:33
Registered Member

Stats: 138/133/125 Female 163cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Davinici syrop

Hi, I'm new here and so far enjoying the low-carb lifestyle.
Just a quick question: where can you buy the range of Davini syrops?
I heard there is a gingerbread flavor which I would love to get as I am obsessed with ginger bread. Also, does anyone know of a good low-carb ginger bread recipe? Thanks!!!
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:39

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%

I have called the company before and they said that you can buy directly from them on the website: http://www.davincigourmet.com
or Super Walmart, Marshalls and TJ Maxx carry the products too!
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 11:50

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I bought mine at www.netrition.com $4.50 shipping, no matter how big or small your order is . The bottles I got were pretty big(like the size of a fifth) and were like $7.95. I also bought la tortillas there and some splenda sweetened jam. I am not sure if they have that flavor ,but they do have a lot.
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 13:45

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

Check around your town for a restaurant supply store. In Oregon and Washington we have Cash & Carry who have all the flavors of Davanci/Torani syrups for $3.65 (big bottle) ...
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/186/155
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Da Vinci LC syrup opinion

i don't like the P nut butter syrup at all, to me it tastes somewhat bitter. but i like a mixture of the strawberry and raspberry syrups in ricotta cheese with splenda. i also like the white chocolate better than the chocolate. the cookie dough is good in LC flax seed based hot cereals, altho to me its doesnt really taste too much like cookie dough! . i found the blueberry disappointing, altho mixed with fresh blueberries its good, but i didnt like it added into muffin mixes. i thought i tasted fake. i also like the coconut in ricotta cheese for a change. (as u can tell i eat ALOT of ricotta cheese!). i have the gingerbread but havent used it yet in anything . the vanilla is a mainstay with me, am going to order the french vanilla and a few other flavors too. my favorites are raspberry, vanilla and white chocolate. keep away from P nut butter! i thought the strawberry tasted a bit fake altho its very good mixed with the raspberry syrup.

Last edited by zuzu : Fri, Oct-17-03 at 14:54.
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 14:05

Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyangel
Check around your town for a restaurant supply store. In Oregon and Washington we have Cash & Carry who have all the flavors of Davanci/Torani syrups for $3.65 (big bottle) ...

oh my gosh! Thank you for posting that! There is a Cash & Carry right here in my city, and I shop there quite often... super prices...... but I never even dreamed they had the syrups, and for such a super price!! What good news!! thanks!
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Zone
Stats: 220/176/165 Male 5' 8"
BF:38%/28%/18%
Progress: 80%

Do you count the carbs in these syrups like you would count a packet of Splenda?
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 16:39

Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

I just tried the maple syrup, yum yum yum! Going to make some cream cheese pancakes in a min.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 23:49

Stats: 303.5/283.5/170 Female 5'11'
BF:
Progress: 15%

i bought my first davinci's yesterday (vanilla and hazelnut). after reading here, i tried ross to see if they had some today. lo and behold, i found two bottles. one white chocolate (with sugar) and one sugarfree chocolate. imagine my dismay when i discovered that my find had already been opened! that's why i hate ross. trashy! oh well.

i used the vanilla tonight to sweeten some hot chocolate i made (3/4cup heavy cream, 1tbsp ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder and 2tbsp vanilla davinci). scrumptious!

i think i read in this thread about a key lime flavor? i couldn't find it on the davinci site. they only had lemon-lime.

i also should mention that they are having a sale right now on the holiday flavors. $6.49 per 750ml.
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 07:08

Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorGJ
Do you count the carbs in these syrups like you would count a packet of Splenda?

You probably already know this by now, since your post was 2 months ago:

No, you DO NOT count the carbs in this syrups. They use liquid Splenda, which by and large is not available to the masses. Liquid Splenda has no carbs.
The carbs in the granular Splenda come from the bulking agent, not from the Splenda itself!
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:03

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

Yippee! I got two today at Marshalls. They had quite a few flavors. I got the Caramel and the German Chocolate one Can't wait to try them.
Alli
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 01:49
Registered Member

Stats: 200/180/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thanks for suggesting Cash and Carry. I will definitely go there tomorrow and see if they carry them.
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 18:34

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariejoe

No, you DO NOT count the carbs in this syrups. They use liquid Splenda, which by and large is not available to the masses. Liquid Splenda has no carbs.
The carbs in the granular Splenda come from the bulking agent, not from the Splenda itself!

WOW thanks for the info, I had been putting down some carbs whenever I added the syrup! That sure helps!! btw, where is a good place to purchase liquid splenda online???
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 01:35

Plan: proteinpower
Stats: 123/122/121
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissette
WOW thanks for the info, I had been putting down some carbs whenever I added the syrup! That sure helps!! btw, where is a good place to purchase liquid splenda online???

well you should note that they aren't totally carb free

they are about 8 carbs per bottle