Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Mandy,

They are definitely good enough for snow cones! That's a great idea, BTW.

Karla
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 18:23
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Cash & Carry

In Washington State (and maybe Oregon, too) Cash & Carry sells large bottles (25.4 oz) of DaVinci syrups for $3.65! A great bargain for us low carb 'left coasters' ... I've noticed they don't carry every flavor, but maybe 90% of the varieties listed on the DaVinci site. I have 14 different flavors and use them in practically everything.

XOXO Monika
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 139/131/118
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default divinci syrup question

can anyone tell me how many (if any) carbs are in these syrups?
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 05:39

BF:

There are a big fat zero carbs in the Davinci syrups; they are sweetened with the liquid form of Splenda, which is carb free because it does not contain the filler that gives powdered Splenda its carbs.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 08:27
Registered Member

BF:

thanks for the info and do you have an opinion as to the liquid stevia?
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:09

BF:

I'm not crazy about stevia; I prefer Splenda, but that's just a matter of individual taste because a lot of people like stevia very much.

Having said that, the best liquid stevia I tried came from a company in Texas, Stevita, url www.stevitastevia.com. They grow and process their own stevia, which as I said was the best I tried. I found their name in a stevia cookbook I bought, which said theirs had a higher percentage of pure stevia or something like that.

Karla
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 07:48

Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Best Flavors?

I'm thinking of ordering some Divinci Syrup, but I want to limit myself to one or two flavors-- any recomendations? Also, has anyone found a site with the best prices for these products? Thanks.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 08:12
Registered Member

BF:
Default divinci

best price i have found them is at tj maxx and marshalls $5.99 for largest bottle. I like just about all flavors! I have stocked up on many bottles and use them in lots of things, coffee,water,shakes,desserts ect.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 11:47

Stats: 270/239/150
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default da vinci syrups

I've found the SF vanilla (not French vanilla) and hazelnut flavors at both Kroger and Super Walmart in my area. Kroger had the small bottles for $3.29; Walmart had the large bottles (near the coffees & teas) for $5.57. I've ordered other flavors directly from davinci's website (link is found earlier in this thread).

Have tried chocolate, vanilla, French vanilla, hazelnut, blueberry, and banana flavors so far. Like all well enough, but the French vanilla tastes slightly artificial to me, and the blueberry is sort of limited (imo) except for Italian sodas. (I tried using the blueberry for pancakes, but it didn't turn out like expected. Probably my fault with attempting to thicken it a bit. Will try again, though!)

Like others, I've used them in Italian sodas, to sweeten & flavor coffee and shakes. I especially like the banana syrup with the Keto Banana Shake -- much better banana flavor and only slightly more sweet. I occasionally will have a small glass (3oz) of cream thinned down with some syrup when I just want something thick, creamy and sweet. I've also used the syrups to substitute part of the liquid+splenda in recipes -- which not only tastes great, but reduces the total carb counts, too (since you don't have to count those pesky splenda maltodextrin carbs for the amount substituted). Works quite well in homemade SF ice cream, for instance.

Good stuff!

Am about to place an order for some new flavors, based on the recs here -- raspberry & Kahuli Caffe for certain, maybe Irish Cream and caramel, too.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 09:51

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Torani & Da Vinci syrups

I have never used these. Do any stores carry Torani & Da Vinci syrups? The shipping is outragous when buying online. Or.... is there an inexpensive place to purchase them online?
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 178.5/174/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default syrups

you may want to try marshalls, tjmaxx or ross - they have a great food section in the back of their store... stuff like coffee, pasta, dressings, etc. - it's also a great place to get some good olive oil and balsamic vinegar for your salads...

i believe GNC sells the atkins syrups but yes, the prices are high... i just bought some on www.vitaglo.com but spent $50 so i could get free shipping on everything... that website has THE best prices on bars, vitamins, lowcarb tortillas and atkins muffin mixes...

happy LC-ing...

~jodi
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:07

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Netrition has really cheap, flat rate shipping.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:07

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

I get mine from netrition.com. Shipping is just $4.95 for an entire order. I usually get syrups, low carb tortillas, Keto banana pie shake, and other stuff all at once.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:31

Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:

For DaVinci's I know you can go to their website:
www.davincigourmet.com and buy them direct. Their prices for the 750 ml are MUCH better than Torani's. AND for 3 bottles of the davinci's the shipping is only $4.95 ....it is only $6.95 for 6 bottles.

If you have Albertsons and Safeways...they carry the Torani sugar free vanilla from what I can find.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:26

Stats: 188/179/140
BF:
Progress: 19%

I found Davinci syrups at Walmart in the groceries, in the coffee aisle.